Sam and Jack Shipper Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roque872002 View Post
    So we're going to Minnesota in Nov. My sister will make sure we go to the Mall Of America while we're there.

My question is: any shops there I can geek out in?

Tried looking in the directory on the website and nothing is jumping out at me. But I have no idea what stores in the US are like these days (its been over 10 years since I've been there).

Found all my sporting and coffee needs. And an anime shop for my friend.

Anyone any ideas?
    a casserole called "tater tot hot dish" in those parts is very good, you should try some while you're there

Comment

Roque, I'll take a look at the directory and see if anything screams out at me. If it does, I'll let you know.

ETA: Just took a look, and really the only things that stand out as possibilities are maybe the Lego store (they may have Stargate lego sets there...not sure) and Marbles, just because there may be come cool stuff in there. Spencers has a lot of gag gifts, among other things, so it may be fun for you to go through, anyways. Just a note on Spencers: their merchandise isn't always age-appropriate lol.
      Nothing else really screamed at me, though.
      Last edited by brendini; 07 September 2013, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by roque872002 View Post
        So we're going to Minnesota in Nov. My sister will make sure we go to the Mall Of America while we're there.

My question is: any shops there I can geek out in?

Tried looking in the directory on the website and nothing is jumping out at me. But I have no idea what stores in the US are like these days (its been over 10 years since I've been there).

Found all my sporting and coffee needs. And an anime shop for my friend.

Anyone any ideas?
        Do NOT eat lutefisk!
        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Chemmy!! My cousin is giving me her pyrography machine, she couldn't use it properly and said I could have it - at least I think it's to keep. Can't wait to get started with it. I'll let you know how I get on and if it goes well ill post a picture. Any tips on holding the tool so you still have good control?
          Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
          If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

I think it depends on the type of pyrograph and tips. With my dad's one it was impossible for me to shade without burning too much the wood. For this reason I'm going to buy a new one.
            I discussed with some people on a forum and they suggested me what tips to buy
            I have to make a bank transfer next week and so I think in 15 days I should have it!
            I already started to make a sketch on the wood though
            sigpic
            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Oooh wow, can't wait to see your new design when its finished. I have no idea what my cousins is, only that she purchased it last year.
              Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
              If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by brendini View Post
                Roque, I'll take a look at the directory and see if anything screams out at me. If it does, I'll let you know.

ETA: Just took a look, and really the only things that stand out as possibilities are maybe the Lego store (they may have Stargate lego sets there...not sure) and Marbles, just because there may be come cool stuff in there. Spencers has a lot of gag gifts, among other things, so it may be fun for you to go through, anyways. Just a note on Spencers: their merchandise isn't always age-appropriate lol.
                Nothing else really screamed at me, though.
                - gag gifts can be cool sometimes

Comment

Oh my goodness... Just rewatched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows for the first time in a while. Cried like a baby. Stop it with the "always", people! I mean it. My heart can't take it!

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                    Oh my goodness... Just rewatched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows for the first time in a while. Cried like a baby. Stop it with the "always", people! I mean it. My heart can't take it!
                    I've been meaning to watch it again (both parts), just haven't yet.

Comment

Originally posted by brendini View Post
                      I've been meaning to watch it again (both parts), just haven't yet.
                      Me too. I think its been almost a year since I've seen it. There are so many good, heart-wrenching scenes in DH. Sorcerer's Stone was on over the weekend, they look like such babies when you look back.

On an unrelated note...Selene...I was once again visited by an 8 legged monster! This time, however, since it was on the floor and dang if that thing didn't move fast, I trapped it in a box and called my husband to take care of it.
                      sigpic

----------
                      FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Curse those eight legged freaks! I feel for you. I also feel for Ron Weasley, who shares our distaste for the uglies. I hated book/movie number 3. With Aragog and his brethren...

And whoa, who knew that Lexa Doig and the guy from "First Commandment" was in Continuum? See, I'm between jobs, so I have Netflix running in the background while I trawl for job postings... I've discovered some good animes, caught some new original Netflix series, and am now getting caught up on Continuum. I have to restart from the beginning. And the SCIU guy from Sanctuary!

By the way, Victor Webster is so freaking attractive!

Comment

One of my friends tweeted this today. It's very accurate!
                          (and I discovered what a "pepperoni pizza" is for you! )

Since tomorrow it's my mum's bday I baked these this evening
                          They are mini croissants filled with Nutella.

sigpic
                          My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Curse those eight legged freaks! I feel for you. I also feel for Ron Weasley, who shares our distaste for the uglies. I hated book/movie number 3. With Aragog and his brethren...

And whoa, who knew that Lexa Doig and the guy from "First Commandment" was in Continuum? See, I'm between jobs, so I have Netflix running in the background while I trawl for job postings... I've discovered some good animes, caught some new original Netflix series, and am now getting caught up on Continuum. I have to restart from the beginning. And the SCIU guy from Sanctuary!

By the way, Victor Webster is so freaking attractive!
                            Along with a whole bunch of other actors who have been on Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              Along with a whole bunch of other actors who have been on Stargate.
                              Yeah, I figured. But those people are just by episode 2!! I may have had a small geekout.

Comment

Yeah, I figured. But those people are just by episode 2!! I may have had a small geekout.
                                The first year, Lexa didn't seem to have much to do except to be in the background. The second year, she's had a lot more to do and I like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X