No announcement yet.

Sam and Jack Shipper Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright, I found a few books I really didn't need at the book store. Now I have 8 books to choose from. This did not help my choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
      Howdy! It's cold here but not that cold. Little ice but should get all the way up to 39 later.

So, I just finished two really good books (The Time Traveler's wife by I can't remember and A Storm of Swords by George RR Martin) and now I'm stuck on what to read next. The next book I do want to read is on my christmas list so I can't go out and get it. So, any book recommendations? I tend to like Sci-Fi and Fantasy (go figure) but if it has good characters, I'll read anything.
      Have you read the Honor Harrington series by David Weber? He's my favorite! The first book is On Basilisk Station. I can read that book over and over!

The cold front never made it to us. It is still in the upper 80's.

My students were very hyper and chatty today. And still 2 weeks til vacation.
      sigpic
      Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
        Have you read the Honor Harrington series by David Weber? He's my favorite! The first book is On Basilisk Station. I can read that book over and over!

The cold front never made it to us. It is still in the upper 80's.

My students were very hyper and chatty today. And still 2 weeks til vacation.
        Hi Amy!

Yes, I've read the first 5 I think and I've enjoyed them. The next two are on my christmas list so I have to wait for those. I finally made a decision and I started Shaman's Crossing by Robin Hobb. So far so good.

80's! It's pretty cold here. Warm weather in December is just wrong. I remember spending Christmas in Hawaii one year for the Aloha Bowl. It was very weird hearing christmas music while sunbathing.

Comment

Yeah, I've read all the Honor Harrington plus almost all of his other books. I just can't get my hubby to buy into the wonderfulness that is David Weber. I have Off Armageddon's Reef (don't know if I spelled that right) if you'd like to borrow it!
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I've read all the Honor Harrington plus almost all of his other books. I just can't get my hubby to buy into the wonderfulness that is David Weber. I have Off Armageddon's Reef (don't know if I spelled that right) if you'd like to borrow it!
            I think I'll finish the Honor series before I start reading his other stuff. I'll let you know. Have you read anything by Elizabeth Moon? Her Vatta's War series is similar to the Honor verse, except the Hero starts off a lot younger, and is kicked out of the military and so goes into her family's shipping business instead.

Comment

I've seen her name at the bookstores, but haven't read any of her as of yet. Now I will have to check it out!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                I love Harry Potter in other languages. I have recently read 1 to 4 in Indonesian...not all that much has been changed.

I heard that to make Tom Marvolo Riddle spell I am Lord Voldemort in one language, they had to make Tom's name Elvis instead!
                Okay, wait, back up. Now you've spark my curiosity bug. You can read Indonesian? Is this a first, second, third, fill-in-the-blank language?

Elvis, LOL!

Comment

I've seen her name at the bookstores, but haven't read any of her as of yet. Now I will have to check it out!
                  I suggest you start with Trading in Danger and if you like it, go from there.

Comment

Eileen!!!! I see you lurking down there, come out and play in our lounge and bring those awesome desserts with you

and I am at work atm and it is really freezing -3°C Okay granted it is night but still that is cold At least only today and Wed. working and then 2 weeks of till New Years Eve!!!! Yay

Comment

Hello Eve, I have new shoes

I had to get some sandals to wear at work because it's getting so hot! They are like a grown up classy version of the roman sandals we all wore as kids. Did everyone wear these things, or is it a New Zealand thing?

So, how's things?
                      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                        Hello Eve, I have new shoes

I had to get some sandals to wear at work because it's getting so hot! They are like a grown up classy version of the roman sandals we all wore as kids. Did everyone wear these things, or is it a New Zealand thing?

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/4105/image121uj9.jpg

So, how's things?
                        I wore those as a kid. They were brown, not black though. Maybe they're a New Zealand/Washington State thing?

Comment

I wore those as a kid. They were brown, not black though. Maybe they're a New Zealand/Washington State thing?
                          Yay, so they are everywhere! I just had to check because sometimes I assume people know what I'm talking about and they actually have no idea. Like lamingtons. Or the song "I See Red."
                          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                            Yay, so they are everywhere! I just had to check because sometimes I assume people know what I'm talking about and they actually have no idea. Like lamingtons. Or the song "I See Red."
                            Lamingtons?

Comment

Squares of sponge cake with chocolate icing and coconut... usually served with whipped cream. Mmmm.

Also, watties tomato sauce.

*eta*

Um, watties sauce is another NZ thing... not another thing you serve with lamingtons.
                              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

And Midwest thing. I had a red pair. I hated them. Maybe that's because I would wear them riding my bike and sometimes scrape my toes on the road. OWIE!

Comment

Working...
                                X