No announcement yet.

Sam and Jack Shipper Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm wondering if I'm developing osteoarthritis in my left knee as it seems to just flare up in pain occasionally for seemingly no reason....I do need to lose some weight which would probably take some of the stress off of it but I think it might also be due to the fact that the left knee is the same one I've dislocated several times in my life and probably did some damage to the knee joints themselves in the process and it's probably catching up with me

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
      I'm wondering if I'm developing osteoarthritis in my left knee as it seems to just flare up in pain occasionally for seemingly no reason....I do need to lose some weight which would probably take some of the stress off of it but I think it might also be due to the fact that the left knee is the same one I've dislocated several times in my life and probably did some damage to the knee joints themselves in the process and it's probably catching up with me
      It doesn't have to be osteoarthritis. Could just as easily be something wrong with your ligaments or your tendons/muscles.
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by roque872002 View Post
        Anyone here live in Toronto? Want a room mate? LOL. I need to be out of this place on Thursday morning and I can't find anywhere to live that's within my budget and clean! Seriously, it shouldn't be this hard to find somewhere to live!
        Couldn't you just clean the dirty apartments?

I was gonna say dirty places, but it sounded wrong somehow. LOL.
        The password is fishing...

Comment

Sometimes there's no amount of cleaning that can help some places...
          Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
            Have you ever gotten it checked just to make sure that nothing serious is going on there?

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              Have you ever gotten it checked just to make sure that nothing serious is going on there?
              I've been thinking about having an MRI done on it actually

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Sam View Post
                Couldn't you just clean the dirty apartments?

I was gonna say dirty places, but it sounded wrong somehow. LOL.
                I have to agree with Amara on this one. No amount of cleaning could help these places. Unfortunately.

But on the bright side, we're going to view one last place today, and if it doesn't work then we'll need to go with that place I told you about on Facebook.

I'll let you know how it goes.
                sigpic
                Sig made by Nola
                Latest fic Thin Blue Veil

Comment

I have to agree with Amara on this one. No amount of cleaning could help these places. Unfortunately.

But on the bright side, we're going to view one last place today, and if it doesn't work then we'll need to go with that place I told you about on Facebook.

I'll let you know how it goes.
                  Personally I need a door. Maybe you could tack up a bed sheet over the door for some privacy. I don't know if it's just me but I like having doors closed. I feel unsecured with them open. Really don't like sleeping with my bedroom door open but have to so I can hear the kids. Hope you find somewhere better.
                  The password is fishing...

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Sam View Post
                    Personally I need a door. Maybe you could tack up a bed sheet over the door for some privacy. I don't know if it's just me but I like having doors closed. I feel unsecured with them open. Really don't like sleeping with my bedroom door open but have to so I can hear the kids. Hope you find somewhere better.
                    Going to see one tonight. Its a lot cheaper than anything else we've seen, we can all have our own room, and they all have doors! Great location too. I can walk to work from there
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by Nola

Comment

*sends roque some food*

Comment

Going to see one tonight. Its a lot cheaper than anything else we've seen, we can all have our own room, and they all have doors! Great location too. I can walk to work from there
                        Fantastic! *crosses fingers*

Oh! and let me just leave these here for everybody:

sigpic
                        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

I'm not entirely sure what this is but it looks amazing!!!!!

Comment

What a mess! I swear I'll b heading home soon.

We loved the place we went to see last night. LOVED IT. It was a little small bedroom wise but the living area more than made up for it.

We filled in all the forms etc and that was it. I packed yesterday after work (we need to be out of this place by tomorrow afternoon). Got an email from our realtor last night saying that someone else was interested in it too (we didn't know this at the time) so when the landlord got back to him, he would get back to us.

We haven't heard anything.

No idea what to do. I don't want to go to the bank and pay for dated cheques for rent and then we don't get in. We have no idea what to do.

Hopefully one of our friends can put us up for a few nights. Or we book into a hostel. Or a hotel. Or find something on airbnb.
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by Nola

Comment

You're not obligated to pay rent until you sign a lease. And you won't do that until you hear back from the landlord saying you've got the place. So don't pay for any cheques yet.

Can you check with the realtor when he expects to hear from the landlord? I doubt the landlord will sit on the decision very long, since he needs to rent the place out.

Most backpacker hostels in Canada are quite nice, and not too expensive. The one I stayed in was $20 a night from memory. Not ideal for long term, but for a couple of weeks or so they are not so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by cyced View Post
                                I'm not entirely sure what this is but it looks amazing!!!!!
                                looks like it might be a s'more's-style treat of some kind as it looks like chocolate in the middle and marshmallow on top....and I'm thinking a graham cracker crust on the bottom....and I agree....it looks delish

Comment

Working...
                                X