Sam and Jack Shipper Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    Does anyone know if there are lane rules in grocery stores? Like always staying to the right when shopping?
    Spoiler:
    I ask because I was at the grocery story today and I stopped right next to some shelves; there was no room whatsoever between my cart and the shelves. Any closer and the cart and shelves would have been touching. Along came a woman toward and to the right of me, when she deliberately swerved right over in front of me and cut me off, and then stood there looking like she was waiting for me to move out of her way. I waited for her to do something and she just didn't move. When I said something to her, she said well I was moving over to the right lane. She refused to move, and I finally went around her, but it really pissed me off when she could just as easily have gone right past me without swerving in front of me. I thought she was being very rude and I said so. She got all huffy and made excuses about following the rules.

Has anyone ever heard of this rule in grocery stores prior to this? Because I've never heard anything like it before today.

I hesitate to ask, but did I do something wrong?
    Nope: there are no official driver's handbooks for shopping carts! I notice that people usually stick to the right side because that's what side of the road we drive on in the USA. I chalk your story up to someone just being rude and a mite selfish. You did nothing wrong.

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
    my pet peeve is someone leaving a shopping cart in the middle of the parking spot and blocking it....when there's a perfectly good cart corral only a few feet away (cart corral = where you're SUPPOSED to put your carts when you're done with them but many people it seems are too lazy to do that )
    I will confess that if the shopping cart return is more than 4-5 cars away, and I'm uncomfortable leaving my child in the car alone, I have parked the cart at the front corner of the spot I'm parked in (careful not to block the actual parking spot). She's older now, so this is not as much of a problem, but when she was little...I was unapologetic about it.

Originally posted by fems View Post
    You guys don't work with money/shopping cart coins? We have to put a €0.50 coin (or a special shopping coin some shops/brands make that has the same size and you can hang on your key chain) in the shopping cart to be able to take it from the cart corral and thus you have to return it or you won't get your money/coin back...
    I've never seen one of these in any of the southern states I've lived in. Strollers in the mall operate by this system, though.

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
    Okay anyone also a Castle/Beckett shipper? I've finally got the guts and the time to ask this - I have no vid skills, but there's this song "Friday Night" by Lady Antebellum that I think would make for the fluffiest vid ever for them (what - gasp - shock?! I know, FLUFF and sadly not S/J fluff...) - anyone know if there's a vidder that takes requests? I did off-handedly ask one but they were busy and I *totally* get that which then made me think to ask 'round. I don't dabble in the fandom at all so I don't even know where to start.

Can I ask that here? I forget how the Shipper Lounge works. I do so few postings here LOL.

I haven't watched enough to be an all-in shipper for these two, but with the little exposure I've had, I'm not opposed to them in a 'ship. What about UhSir? She loves country music: I don't know how busy she is or if she is a Caskett fan.
    sigpic
    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

I get to go home next month to visit with my family! I haven't been home in 4 years (and the last time was for dad's funeral...unfortunately).

sigpic
      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

So glad you get to go home (and for a happier reason).

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
          I get to go home next month to visit with my family! I haven't been home in 4 years (and the last time was for dad's funeral...unfortunately).

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff370/SaraBahama/Bahamas/imagesCAIQOBKA.jpg
          I want to go with you!!!! <3

Comment

Hey folks! Just a friendly reminder that the nomination period for the 2014 Sam & Jack Multimedia Awards is well underway. We're seeing a lot of activity in fanfiction (as expected) but videos and art (art especially) are WAY under-represented. Head on over to the nominations page and find out if your favorites have been nominated. If not, let us know!

This amazing video by our very own XFchemist!
            Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
              we have Aldi's which works like that....the deposit was a quarter last time I checked but it might be more now
              ... Which I always thought was a sensible idea but then I realised - that's cheaper than a few bag-for-life plastic bags and pretty good value for a trolley lol! I wouldn't ever steal a trolley but if you're that way inclined, is £1/€1/$1 really going to put you off?

... shipper "road" trip, anyone? I could do with some sun! (Although the cost of flights from the UK could be an issue for me )
              Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post

I can't be the only one thinking of "Maui and those teeny tiny bikinis" right about now, right? #SJ honeymoon?
                Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

*digs around for a Nynaeve-sized suitcase to hide her in*

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
                  I can't be the only one thinking of "Maui and those teeny tiny bikinis" right about now, right? #SJ honeymoon?

Maybe I'll get inspired to write. LOL

Shipper road trip would be fine by me!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  sigpic
                  sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

***DESPERATELY SEEKING LOST NOMINEES***

Hello folks! As part of the awards nomination process we've found a bunch of older works are still HUGE fan favorites! To that end, we're desperately seeking some nominees that have slipped off the map. Do you know any of these people and how we might get a hold of them? We're active on most social media platforms between the awards themselves or the committee members.

Please help us find the following (new this post in green):

WRITERS
                    • Abby Eddey - We've attempted to contact through: email
                    • AerynSG1 - We've attempted to contact through: email, fanfiction.net
                    • Anakin - We've attempted to contact through: samandjack.net
                    • Aussie73 - We've attempted to contact through: email, Fanfiction.net
                    • Carhop - We've attempted to contact through: samandjack.net, Heliopolis
                    • CooperTrooperSG1 - We've attempted to contact through: Fanfiction.net
                    • Eve8 - We've attempted to contact through: email, Fanfiction.net
                    • JackieONeill Nut - We've attempted to contact through: Fanfiction.net
                    • jadedfirefly - We've attempted to contact through: Fanfiction.net, facebook
                    • Kate McCaye - We've attempted to contact through: email, Fanfiction.net
                    • Mabyn - We've attempted to contact through: Fanfiction.net
                    • ParadoxR- We've attempted to contact through: AO3
                    • Rocza - We've attempted to contact through: email, Facebook
                    • SG1-Fanfic - We've attempted to contact through: email
                    • Sharim - We've attempted to contact through: email, Fanfiction.net
                    • Surrealis - We've attempted to contact through: Livejournal
                    • Suz - We've attempted to contact through: livejournal, tumblr, unverified email
                    • Telkena - We've attempted to contact through: samandjack.net
                    • veep - We've attempted to contact through: fanfiction.net

VIDDERS
                    • coeursrebelles - We've attempted to contact through: YouTube
                    • DoubleTreble1518 - We've attempted to contact through: Youtube

ARTISTS
                    • dannii/andyflynns - We've attempted to contact through: Tumblr, Twitter
                    • Isalleen - We've attempted to contact through: DeviantArt
                    • Lauren / samanthasong - We've attempted to contact through: Tumblr
                    • Natasha - We've attempted to contact through: LiveJournal

Any leads would be much appreciated. Thank you!
                    Last edited by Amara D'Angeli; 20 June 2014, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
                      ***DESPERATELY SEEKING LOST NOMINEES***

Hello folks! As part of the awards nomination process we've found a bunch of older works are still HUGE fan favorites! To that end, we're desperately seeking some nominees that have slipped off the map. Do you know any of these people and how we might get a hold of them? We're active on most social media platforms between the awards themselves or the committee members.

Please help us find the following (new this post in green):

WRITERS
                      • AerynSG1 - We've attempted to contact through: email, fanfiction.net
                      • Anakin - We've attempted to contact through: samandjack.net
                      • Aussie73 - We've attempted to contact through: email, Fanfiction.net
                      • Carhop - We've attempted to contact through: samandjack.net, Heliopolis
                      • CooperTrooperSG1 - We've attempted to contact through: Fanfiction.net
                      • Eve8 - We've attempted to contact through: email, Fanfiction.net
                      • JackieONeill Nut - We've attempted to contact through: Fanfiction.net
                      • jadedfirefly - We've attempted to contact through: Fanfiction.net, facebook
                      • Kate McCaye - We've attempted to contact through: email, Fanfiction.net
                      • Mabyn - We've attempted to contact through: Fanfiction.net
                      • ParadoxR- We've attempted to contact through: AO3
                      • Rocza - We've attempted to contact through: email, Facebook
                      • Sharim - We've attempted to contact through: email, Fanfiction.net
                      • Surrealis - We've attempted to contact through: Livejournal
                      • Suz - We've attempted to contact through: livejournal, tumblr, unverified email
                      • Telkena - We've attempted to contact through: samandjack.net
                      • veep - We've attempted to contact through: fanfiction.net

VIDDERS
                      • coeursrebelles - We've attempted to contact through: YouTube
                      • DoubleTreble1518 - We've attempted to contact through: Youtube

ARTISTS
                      • dannii/andyflynns - We've attempted to contact through: Tumblr, Twitter
                      • Isalleen - We've attempted to contact through: DeviantArt
                      • Lauren / samanthasong - We've attempted to contact through: Tumblr
                      • Natasha - We've attempted to contact through: LiveJournal

Any leads would be much appreciated. Thank you!
                      It might not help, but Telkena is also on Heliopolis. You could try contacting her through that.

Comment

I think their PM system is all the way down. I haven't heard back from anyone we've tried to contact through that method. Same with samandjack, really.

Comment

According to GateWorld's calendar it is DevilishMe's birthday on the 21st of June

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Dee!!!!
                          No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                          It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Anyone here live in Toronto? Want a room mate? LOL. I need to be out of this place on Thursday morning and I can't find anywhere to live that's within my budget and clean! Seriously, it shouldn't be this hard to find somewhere to live!
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by Nola
                            Latest fic Thin Blue Veil

Comment

Originally posted by roque872002 View Post
                              Anyone here live in Toronto? Want a room mate? LOL. I need to be out of this place on Thursday morning and I can't find anywhere to live that's within my budget and clean! Seriously, it shouldn't be this hard to find somewhere to live!
                              I wish I could help ya...seeing as I live only a couple hours away from Toronto in Buffalo, NY....though I doubt you'd want to be having to cross US/Canada customs all the time either and I don't have the room anyway

Comment

I'm apparently being reminded to be careful where I step. Yesterday I was outside tending to my little container garden on the deck, when I stepped back and ran into one of the smaller containers I have for veggies. I lost my balance and after much flailing around trying NOT to fall down ... I fell down. In doing so, I scraped the inside of my left leg on the planter, and now have a huge black and blue bruise on my leg. When I fell, I also landed on my right hip and shoulder. More like I slammed into the deck with my right hip and shoulder. I almost feels like I broke something, but it's likely just some really outraged nerves and muscles ... and the shaking up traveled through my shoulder from right to left, and today both arms are so sore and achy I've taken several Aleves to help calm down the pain (and it hasn't done much good). I've been so achy it even hurts my arms to pick up my cat and I feel like I need to cane (almost) to walk around.

It doesn't help that I apparently have osteoarthritis in both hips and so falling on one side doesn't really help their wellbeing. I haven't done something like this in several years now, and apparently I'm being reminded to watch where I step.

Turns out the planter I tripped over turned over on its side dumping my just sprouted carrots and most of the soil, so I had to scoop up the dirt and put it back in the planter. It's going to be interesting to see what grows in that planter, since ... after putting the soil back ... I planted some peas in the same pot. Hmmm ... peas and carrots in the same planter. This should be interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X