X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't Stand So Close - The Police - 1980
    Since You're Gone - The Cars - 1981
    sigpic
    Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Tie Breaker

Don't Stand So Close - The Police
      Since You're Gone - The Cars
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
        Holy cow! Since I'm leaving Ainty let me vote early on the pajama game and I must say that if anyone here gets more than four right (and that includes your own sleep-wear), I will be truly amazed and shocked by your awesomeness! I might even agree not to vote against some of your songs!

Catch y'all later........
        Where's the vote for sleep wear taking place?

Tie Breaker

Since You're Gone - The Cars - 1981
        Last edited by raduzhok; 21 July 2008, 07:27 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Tie Breaker

"Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Don't Stand So Close
            Lay All Your Love On Me

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Tie Breaker

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
              Hmm, yeah it wouldn't hurt for the politicians to not go but I'm not too sure China would really care, and I'm not too sure there are a great number of nations out there who really care either. They got the games and nothing will take them away. So it's a win win for them at this point. I'm not too sure they are too worried about their political image.
              No you sure are right about that! They don't care squat what we think. And unless someone wants to start a war, there's nothing u can do.

Yeah that would be a sight but I'm sure China could round up enough people to fill in all the empty seats to make it appear they weren't if tourists actually did boycott the thing, but I don't see any kind of tourist boycott happening either.

That China could promise all they wanted and pull the wool over the committee's eyes and get away with not following through. Whose gonna make them at this point in the game. They got what they wanted. They got the Games.

Before the terrible earthquakes in China, they got nothing but negative press (in regards to the protesting and the Olympic torch), but the quakes actually took the spotlight off the protests as people turned their sympathies to the country after all that devastation. In a twisted way that was almost the best thing that could have happened for the Chinese government.
              lol true, if there is one thing China is not short on it's people.

Yeah exactly that's what's so annoying. The committe should have been smarter than that ... one would think anyway.

Indeed. No country could turn their back on an a distaster struck country. It was a "good" thing... for the government for sure anyway. They don't care about their people either way.

I know what you mean. I was hoping for more but almost knew it would be in vain. Got a little bit, but I'm greedy and wanted more considering I was only looking forward to that ep for him. Oh well. Something is better than nothing at this point.
              Something is not better, not for me anymore. Have u seen Continuum? If you have... u know the scene with Jack and the gang? That did it for me, I think. I just sat blinking at the scene thinking, that did not just happen, she didn't even say anything! wtf?!

Originally posted by raduzhok View Post
              Where's the vote for sleep wear taking place?
              Hey Rad have u PM'd Ainty with your choice of... nightwear? If not, do that. And then Ainty will post all the options here in the thread and we will vote on who wears what. She hasn't tho yet.

Comment

boy!! and i thought i had friends in here!!

my last two songs left and you guys want to vote em both out at the same time!!!

pouts!!

oh well *sigh*

off to the bday party part deux!!

out did myself if i may say so!!

a lovely penne shrimp with fresh veggie rosa sauce!!! hmmmmmm!!! yummmm!!

followed by cheesecake with fresh whipped cream (not my choice of course ~~ but not my bday!!)
                sigpic
                SCORE!!
                The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Originally posted by aintright View Post
                  a lovely penne shrimp with fresh veggie rosa sauce!!! hmmmmmm!!! yummmm!!

followed by cheesecake with fresh whipped cream (not my choice of course ~~ but not my bday!!)
                  Don't eat the baby!!
                  sigpic
                  Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

boy!! and i thought i had friends in here!!

Comment

Tie Breaker

Lay All Your Love On Me - ABBA
                      sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat View Post
                        Great songs that didn't make the cut - Round 23:

What I like About You - The Romantics - 1980
                        Darn I had forgotten all about that song...you know I have a clip of Hubby singing along to that song in college but I am pretty sure he would kill me if I posted it...not the best singer...especially while eating a pop tart:-P

Tie breaker
                        Lay All Your Love On Me - ABBA - 1981
                        sigpic
                        GO NEWMAN! 31!

Comment

Originally posted by cess525 View Post
                          Darn I had forgotten all about that song...you know I have a clip of Hubby singing along to that song in college but I am pretty sure he would kill me if I posted it...not the best singer...especially while eating a pop tart:-P

Tie breaker
                          Lay All Your Love On Me - ABBA - 1981
                          yep ~~ that is a goodie!! along with The Pretenders ~ Brass In Pocket ~ 1980

and

Pretenders ~ Chain Gang ~ 1982 (ok not the mainstream version ~ fan of the ole acoustic stuff!)

and

Pretenders ~ Don't Get Me Wrong

that wondy voice!!! ahhhhh!!

teehee!!
                          sigpic
                          SCORE!!

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1 View Post
                            Don't eat the baby!!
                            OH MY GASH!!!

all that made me think of

was

"Don't leave us with the Babies!!!"

roflmao!!!

*giggle*

*snicker*

teeheehee!!!!

teehee!!
                            sigpic
                            SCORE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post

hmphhh!!

and i invited you why??

teehee!!

ooh yes ~~ was to be privvy to what it was you sleep in at night!! mwaaaaaa!!

or was it the charm and wit thing!!

oh no!! now i remember ... it was the ape!! am rather fond of the ape!! *teehee!*
                              sigpic
                              SCORE!!

Comment

yep ~~ that is a goodie!! along with The Pretenders ~ Brass In Pocket ~ 1980
                                The Romantics song I like and was on my intial list of 100 but didn't make the cut.

That Pretenders song (or in vote tems - on my list to never hear again)
                                sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Working...
                                X