This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronja View Post
    Oh and srry for calling u a silly girl last night Adrianne... can I blame it on the alcohol too? Oh and Congrats! Thats great news!
    Yes. We can blame the alcohol. (Can we blame my lack of alcohol for not remembering this?)

Adrianne
    If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
    It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
      That's great, Adrianne! What exactly does it mean to be alter server? Do you help with communion/mass? Are you in charge of the candles and bible and stuff sitting on the altar? Do you wear a special robe?
      Yes.
      As altar server I had to, what I consider, "dress" the Altar. I had to bring the priest's chalice out, two wine cups, bring out the ... Oo dear I don't know how to spell the words for these items ... the wine and water and bowl of wafers (Offertory items) to be brought up during the Mass (for the Eucharist). I had to bring out the priest's cup of water for during the Mass. I had to make sure all the candles were lit. And I had to do all of that by myself! Which I had *never* done before! Candles I had done, dressed the Altar and make sure everything is there for the Mass, I hadn't done! And then *during* the Mass I had to go to the Communion Rail with the priest and collect the Offertory Items -- which I had done but not alone -- and then I had to bring him over the water and wine ... and then I had ... Oo my there's just so much to it

Originally posted by L-JADE View Post
      Congrats Adrianne! ... I know it's seems like an easy job to outsiders, but there's so many procedures in the altar that should be followed and I think I saw one or two mistakes every week, but it's kinda cute in a way... these boys/girls are trying their hardest to remember & do it propely, so I always appreciate all they've (and the suppers, the choir) done by staying until the end of the closing hymn & clap my hands even if I'm the only one doing it.
      Jeremy, a teenager who has been training me, told me yesterday, "It's easy!" when I was telling him that I don't think I'll ever get the hang of it ... It's a lot more difficult than it looks! You have to *REALLY* pay attention to the Mass! You can't just sit there and day dream

It is cute to see the little kids trying their hardest! I agree with that
      It's a little more difficult being in those little kids position though When I was Cross bearer for one of the Mass, I was told before hand to just go out there and look like you know what you're doing and no one will have a clue that you don't know what you're doing It's a little more difficult when you're the altar serving and you're serving the priest who is leading the Mass ... If you're off, he's off If you're a stray Cross bearer or acolyte, you're just a stray Cross bearer/acolyte

Adrianne
      If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
      It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Eh.... but I like a LOT of different songs!! How can I choose just ten?!? :question:

(and besides that, most of the songs I choose will be songs that most people haven't heard of....)

OK.. um... a few would be....

Whiskey Lullaby - Brad Paisley featuring Allison Krause (sp?)
        I've been watching you - Rodney Atkins
        Blessed - Martina McBride (wait... was that made this decade?? I think it was)
        Aaaand... that's all for now. (*sigh* I wish I had a better memory...)
        Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

3. My Immortal -- Evanescence

teehee!
          sigpic
          SCORE!!
          The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

4. Somos Novios -- andrea bocelli/christina aguilera -- 2006
            5. ain't no other man -- christina aguielera -- 2006

Somos Novios prob won't go anywhere but must post it for posterity!!!

teehee!

eek!! only 5 more!!!
            Last edited by aintright; 27 February 2007, 06:07 AM.
            sigpic
            SCORE!!

Comment

Originally posted by jonno View Post
              You two are insane. 100 options????

.... Insane.

Now - what's my itunes top 10 played?
              gg is not!!! just ainty -- and i thought that was agreed on long ago!!! why do people have to keep reiterating it!!!

i know that was gg's # -- you know pinky and the brain -- ummmm who would be the brain -- and that would make me ummm -- she is such a slave driver -- sides she does all the work -- i am just here to cause chaos!!

oh!!! ipod -- top 10 -- great idea!!!

*off to find pod -- ummm oh yeah charging on compy!!*

teehee!
              Last edited by aintright; 01 January 2007, 08:55 PM.
              sigpic
              SCORE!!

Comment

I was googling around the internet to make sure the songs I wanted to nominate were from the 2000's and I started going a bit farther afield (that dratted nostalgia!). I skipped on to Youtube and started looking up my fave 80's bands (my favorite decade of music--who's with me here?) and I ran across this vid that I have to post. It's Rik Emmett (from Triumph! Um, you know, Triumph--Canadian band...from the 80's...really good songs...put out lots of albums...well, anyway, I liked them). And he's singing Gateworld's favorite Christmas diddy! So you see, I have to post it:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ycm4SLzoZY8

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat View Post
                  I was googling around the internet to make sure the songs I wanted to nominate were from the 2000's and I started going a bit farther afield (that dratted nostalgia!). I skipped on to Youtube and started looking up my fave 80's bands (my favorite decade of music--who's with me here?) and I ran across this vid that I have to post. It's Rik Emmett (from Triumph! Um, you know, Triumph--Canadian band...from the 80's...really good songs...put out lots of albums...well, anyway, I liked them). And he's singing Gateworld's favorite Christmas diddy! So you see, I have to post it:

thanks WBB -- that is great -- and agreed it is very hard to limit your choices to the current decade -- but we are hoping if this succeeds to do the 90's, next and then the 80's so hold on!!!

teehee!!!
                  sigpic
                  SCORE!!

Comment

6. Collide -- Howie Day

gg i need more votes -- can i have 20, 30, 40 omgash!!! only 10 huh!!

teehee!
                    sigpic
                    SCORE!!

Comment

So I see he's cut his hair. I guess you can only carry that's 80's rock hair style for so long. Haven't really followed anyone from that band in years but - pulls out Triumph album - mine says 1979. I love Suitcase Blues (looks on Youtube - nope, but a nice Boogie Woogie tune with the same name). Found a nice rendition of Fantasy Serenade though. That late 70's to early 80's are my favorite 10 years.

Nice version of O Holy Night - if I'd heard that version before I might not have voted against it.
                      sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                        So I see he's cut his hair. I guess you can only carry that's 80's rock hair style for so long. Haven't really followed anyone from that band in years but - pulls out Triumph album - mine says 1979. I love Suitcase Blues (looks on Youtube - nope, but a nice Boogie Woogie tune with the same name). Found a nice rendition of Fantasy Serenade though. That late 70's to early 80's are my favorite 10 years.

Nice version of O Holy Night - if I'd heard that version before I might not have voted against it.

1979? Which album was that? I have a pitifully small amount of albums/cassettes/cd's/whatevers. I have Allied Forces, but I'm perusing ebay as we...er...speak, for more. Oh good grief! There are shamefully few! *mutters irritatedly* There were a surprising amount of videos on Youtube, but it was very difficult to find them--you'd be surprised how many videos there are with the word 'triumph' in them that have nothing to do with the band. *more irritated mutterings* I noticed the same thing with 'Live'--which was the whole reason I went to Youtube in the first place. I found Overcome and Lightning Crashes, but trying to find anything else was almost futile. *heavy sigh*

Hey, ainty--when it's time for the 80's tourney, are we going to get twenty or thirty votes?

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Comment

linkin park and switch foot rule lol

Comment

1979? Which album was that? I have a pitifully small amount of albums/cassettes/cd's/whatevers. I have Allied Forces, but I'm perusing ebay as we...er...speak, for more. Oh good grief! There are shamefully few! *mutters irritatedly*
                            Just a Game
                            It's actually the only Triumph album/cd I own.
                            6. Fantasy Serenade [Instrumental]
                            7. Hold On
                            8. Suitcase Blues

3 really good songs.
                            This site has clips of the songs on the album
                            http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/...ust+A+Game.htm
                            sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                              Just a Game
                              It's actually the only Triumph album/cd I own.
                              6. Fantasy Serenade [Instrumental]
                              7. Hold On
                              8. Suitcase Blues

3 really good songs.
                              This site has clips of the songs on the album
                              http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/...ust+A+Game.htm
                              *sighs* Those little instrumentals that Rik Emmett does are just marvelous. I think he put at least one on every album.

Just a Game is a good album--I used to have a tape of it that my then-boyfriend taped for me.

Sorry to take the thread so off-topic--it's...well, it's the music!

Comment

*sighs* Those little instrumentals that Rik Emmett does are just marvelous. I think he put at least one on every album.

Just a Game is a good album--I used to have a tape of it that my then-boyfriend taped for me.

Sorry to take the thread so off-topic--it's...well, it's the music!
                                was gonna say -- seems right on target to me!!!

teehee!
                                sigpic
                                SCORE!!

Comment

Working...
                                X