• Show
Clear All

Round Fourteen

Handel's Messiah
    It Came Upon the Midnight Clear
    O Little Town Of Bethlehem
    Silent Night
    White Christmas
    - Sorry, Ronja... it's just not one of my favs.

Um.... not sure what my favorite decoration is. I guess one of my favs would be the star on the top of the tree. LOL It's a little stuffed orange star that was won at a carnival... and it has a smiley face! I don't know how we started putting it on the tree... I mean, it's definitely non-traditional! But, the kids love it and frankly... it just wouldn't be the same without it..
    Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
      Hey! You should feel lucky your favorite song is still on the list.

Joins Kliggins in the wailing and sobbing!
      hey move over ... i brought kleenex and some chocolate!!

two of my top 5 in one swoop .... aagghhh!!!

teehee!

thanks everyone for o holy night!!!
      sigpic
      SCORE!!
      The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheXym View Post
        cool to see another music teacher here

I teach grade 7-12 chorus, music theory, music history, and music technology.

I'll abstain from voting, since I was late to join in. There's a little known work called "That Night" which I came across in Ron Huff's Cantata "Unto Us A Child Is Born" that is extremely powerful. I sang it with a semi professional chorus in '96, and I've used it as my winter concert closer since '99.
        Hmmm "Unto us a Child is Born" is most excellent!!!

teehee!

maybe i can get you and Callista to do a concert here for us on Christmas Eve!!!

Tix on sale everyone!!!! *only cost yah!! one i vote for ainty's fave song each*
        sigpic
        SCORE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel View Post
          Round Fourteen

Handel's Messiah
          It Came Upon the Midnight Clear
          O Little Town Of Bethlehem
          Silent Night
          White Christmas
          - Sorry, Ronja... it's just not one of my favs.

Um.... not sure what my favorite decoration is. I guess one of my favs would be the star on the top of the tree. LOL It's a little stuffed orange star that was won at a carnival... and it has a smiley face! I don't know how we started putting it on the tree... I mean, it's definitely non-traditional! But, the kids love it and frankly... it just wouldn't be the same without it..
          i love those unique family decorations .... they are the best!!

teehee!
          sigpic
          SCORE!!

Comment

****Note Update to Page One!!

Day Four -- my true love sent to me!!! So Santa comes soon *giggle -- teehee* what do you want for Christmas??

teehee!
            sigpic
            SCORE!!

Comment

1. Gloria in Excelsis Deo
              2. Handel's Messiah
              3. It Came Upon The Midnight Clear
              4. Joy to the World
              5. White Christmas

My orchestra played an 'alternative' version of various carols for a concert a couple of weeks ago. At one point, "I Saw Three Ships" morphed into "Oh ... I ... Do Like To Be Beside The Seaside, Oh I Do Like To Be Beside the Seeeeeaaaa .... "

Surprisingly enough, on concert day it worked despite how dire it sounds on the Sibelius (Midi) file (which for some reason I still have )
              I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Yippee - Drummer Boy is gone.

Silent Night
                It Came Upon The Midnight Clear
                Gloria in Excelsis Deo
                O Holy Night
                White Christmas
                sigpic
                Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins View Post
                  cries for Do You Hear What I Hear and Little Drummer Boy
                  I'm with you.

@ Squee. Mean person!

Adrianne
                  If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
                  It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel View Post
                    1 ROTFL!! Yep, I'm a girl.

*shakes Adrianne's hand* Great to meet you, too!

I'm sure God'll know who you're talking about if you just say Myn... Actually, Myn is a nickname... unless you want to call me Moo (which would be another one)... Heh, why don't we keep it at Myn.

*giggles again* I don't know why I find it so funny that you didn't know... Does Myn sound like a guy's name?

2 Huh... never happened to me before. I think Adrianne's links explain it pretty well.

3 P.S. Raise your hand if you think I over-use the Multi-quote button...
                    1 Okay then how do you pronounce Myn????

2 I went to a Reconciliation Service last night -- could have been a Mass but I'm pretty sure even Father called it a service ... There was no Eucharist, which is why I think it was a service ...

3 I'm jealous that I haven't mastered the MultiQuote button ...

Adrianne
                    If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.

My LibraryThing.

Comment

I'll abstain from voting, since I was late to join in. There's a little known work called "That Night" which I came across in Ron Huff's Cantata "Unto Us A Child Is Born" that is extremely powerful. I sang it with a semi professional chorus in '96, and I've used it as my winter concert closer since '99.
                      You can vote if you'd like. There's no rule here that says you have to have been here from the start...
                      46-43! and 45-44! and 49-22-11!!
                      sigpic
                      Ain't it good to know you've got a friend. ~ Carole King

Comment

What do I want for Christmas? ... OMGod, so much ...
                        I want what I've lost ... But it's going to take more than four days to get that back. I want a hug. I want my friend to hold me again and to be comfortable with it ... That's really and truly all I want.

Failing that I'd settle for an iPod Shuffle and/or a Cross Windchime I saw at Hallmark and told my Mom about months ago ....

1 Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
                        2 Joy to the World
                        3 O Little Town Of Bethlehem
                        4 White Christmas It Came Upon the Midnight Clear
                        5 Silent Night

Adrianne
                        Last edited by AdrianneP; 22 December 2006, 04:03 PM.

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Girl View Post
                          You can vote if you'd like. There's no rule here that says you have to have been here from the start...
                          Nah, I'll abstain... my favs are gone anyway Thanks though for the invite.

Thanks to ShelBel for the sigpics! SUPPORT GATEWORLD ROLEPLAY

Comment

It's nice to meet you. You should be thankful you're too late to vote, as it's very painful to vote for some of these tunes.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jonno View Post
                              My orchestra played an 'alternative' version of various carols for a concert a couple of weeks ago. At one point, "I Saw Three Ships" morphed into "Oh ... I ... Do Like To Be Beside The Seaside, Oh I Do Like To Be Beside the Seeeeeaaaa .... "

Surprisingly enough, on concert day it worked despite how dire it sounds on the Sibelius (Midi) file (which for some reason I still have )
                              It sounds like a...um....fun concert Jonno.

(was this before or after you went to the pub? )
                              sigpic

Comment

Round 14

1. The First Noel I hate this carol...hate it!!!
                                2. White Christmas
                                3. Carol of the Bells
                                4. It Came Upon The Midnight Clear
                                5. Handel’s Messiah
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X