• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tie Breaker

Bittersweet Symphony - The Verve

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat View Post
    Hey, Anubis--nice sig, where's it from?
    Aye, it is a cool looking pic. I might be mistaken but, I think that is Icarus and maybe has something to do with Iron Maiden's song, "Flight of Icarus"? That's my interpretation of the image anyway.

The caption is great. Doesn't it just? It always reminds me of Duke Nukem. (S*** happens was one of his regular one-liners.)
    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Tie Breaker

Bittersweet Symphony
      IMO always implied.

Comment

Turn - Travis to GO!

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat
          Hey, Anubis--nice sig, where's it from?
          Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
          Aye, it is a cool looking pic. I might be mistaken but, I think that is Icarus and maybe has something to do with Iron Maiden's song, "Flight of Icarus"? That's my interpretation of the image anyway.
          Bonus points to Freeman! There was a lyric below at one point as well...

Long story:
          Spoiler:
          I recently started listening to Maiden a lot more (Legends!) and wanted to use some of their awesome artwork in a sig, but the pictures are all really square and don't work. When searching I found that really amazing picture of Icarus and thought it would go.

Flight of Icarus - Iron Maiden (I don't know why it's been flagged, I find nothing wrong with it) That song is gonna be a must for the '80-'85 tournament. Amazing.

Short story:
          Spoiler:
          ... maiden r0x0r.

The caption is great. Doesn't it just? It always reminds me of Duke Nukem. (S*** happens was one of his regular one-liners.)
          It's also a thermodynamics joke... For some reason I found it funny enough to laugh out loud...
          Last edited by Anubis69; 19 June 2007, 10:22 AM.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Bittersweet Symphony - The Verve

http://galaxygate.freeforums.org/index.php
            Come and join My Doctor Who fourm....
            http://galactictraveler.proboards.com/index.cgi

Comment

Turn-Travis
              sigpic

Peter Petrelli: What do you do with something that killed you?
              Nathan Petrelli: You could put it underneath your pillow.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69 View Post
                Long story:
                [SPOILERS]I recently started listening to Maiden a lot more (Legends!) and wanted to use some of their awesome artwork in a sig, but the pictures are all really square and don't work. When searching I found that really amazing picture of Icarus and thought it would go.

It's also a thermodynamics joke... For some reason I found it funny enough to laugh out loud...
                Any idea who the artist is?

Oooh--thermodynamics joke! Share! Uh, please!!

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69 View Post
                  Bonus points to Freeman! There was a lyric below at one point as well...

Long story:
                  Spoiler:
                  I recently started listening to Maiden a lot more (Legends!) and wanted to use some of their awesome artwork in a sig, but the pictures are all really square and don't work. When searching I found that really amazing picture of Icarus and thought it would go.

Flight of Icarus - Iron Maiden (I don't know why it's been flagged, I find nothing wrong with it) That song is gonna be a must for the '80-'85 tournament. Amazing.

Short story:
                  Spoiler:
                  ... maiden r0x0r.
                  It's still an awesome tune. Haven't heard in years. I had to login to see the vid. Maybe it was something to do with the imagery, but I saw nothing wrong with it either. It was interesting reading the comments about the person(s) who flagged it.

I'll definitely be putting Maiden forward for nominations in the 80-85 tournament.
                  Originally posted by Anubis69
                  lol! What does the S mean to you? S***, stuff or something else? I would probably say it when I was mid-air on my mountain bike and saw the front wheel dropping off and roll into the distance. There'd be nothing else to do but hang on and wait for the pain.
                  "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Tie Breaker

Bittersweet Symphony
                    sigpic

Comment

Tie Breaker:

Turn - Travis TO GO!!!!

Comment

Turn - Travis to go!

I love Bittersweet Symphony... in fact it's the only song left i like

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat View Post
                          Any idea who the artist is?

Oooh--thermodynamics joke! Share! Uh, please!!
                          I'm afraid I have no idea. I just got the image off google... Here is the original though. There's a name in the corner but I can't make it out. Maybe you'll have better luck.

lol I never thought I'd hear anyone utter those words, but if you insist! (Bare in mind i'm terrible at explanations!) The second law of thermodynamics states that entropy, which has the symbol S, is always increasing. Combine that lovely fact with a the previously mentioned cliché and you get the most hilarious (IMO) joke since that awesome doppler shift one.

It's still an awesome tune. Haven't heard in years. I had to login to see the vid. Maybe it was something to do with the imagery, but I saw nothing wrong with it either. It was interesting reading the comments about the person(s) who flagged it.
                          Yeah, it was only when I was reading those I remembered how a bunch of self-righteous christians apparently burned a bunch of Maiden (and Ozzy) records around the time Number Of The Beast came out. That's all that occured to me... Well, that and maybe Eddie using the flamethrower on Icarus.
                          Last edited by Anubis69; 19 June 2007, 02:52 PM.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Looks like it says Bafy .... errr don't think thats it tho haha

Oh yeah but I love the pic too, it's very cool

Comment

Turn - Travis
                              sigpic
                              Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Have I voted against Turn, yet? If not, I'm voting against it now.
                                Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Working...
                                X