Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally saw Captain America last night, really enjoyed it. Probably my second favourite Avengers-verse film after the first Iron Man.

Speaking of the Avengers, that teaser trailer...

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat View Post
      I don't know, ainty--a low carb dinner? Not sure that is doable! My mom treated me to crab and blackberry custard pie on Monday--now that's a dinner! I only had to help crack the crab and the blackberries were from the garden. I be SO spoiled!!
      well my dear ... if it was REAL crab (none of that artificial stuff or unless it was mass quantities of dungeness) it has ZERO carbs/low fat. most meats don't. Although fruits are simple carbs they are excellent for you. You do need carbs (thus low carbs) just the right ones. you can look here! and over here

This may help to!

You can eat very well and be healthy! High fiber (look for at least a 3g on labels) is a must! Did they test your cholesterol?

Cooking with olive oil is tasty and good.

oops ... i will stop ... i have a family history of bad hearts/high blood pressure/high cholesterol. men tend to die young. so we (as a family) have become quite informed. it is why i work so hard on my weight and diet. i love living and want to hang around for a long time!! course that is all in GOD's hands. i am just doing my part on this end!

so mom did well if the crab was cooked and not dunked into a bunch of butter!! the blackberries would have been much better without the custard!

take care of yourself ma dear. you have lots to live for and are a blessing to those of us out here who so enjoy you company!!

teehee!!

oops!! don't forget some excercise -- a mere 30 minutes a day walk will work wonders!
      Last edited by aintright; 11 August 2011, 05:46 AM.
      sigpic
      SCORE!!
      The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Good grief! the only good thing about voting these days getting to sit and listen to all the songs I love. Really truly, there isn't one song up there now that I don't love.

Originally posted by Kliggins View Post
        Yes, you can upload a different picture every day, which is what I do. I used to have 3 gifs under my sig, which I cannot use for the time being as the GW server seems to only want one picture at a time. I think if I want the gifs back under my sig, I would have to redo the sig with the gifs as part of the sig and not as 3 separate images as before. I hope that sort of makes sense. It's early for me and I am usually not very coherent early in the morning.
        A couple of times when I couldn't use a sig for one reason or other in the sig spot, I placed what wouldn't fit in the body of my post. Unless we can't even use photobucket to post pics anymore even there, that might work for your three pics?

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
        I'd say Awake is the most (only?) promising upcoming show.
        Interesting! The only show I've seen that I'm going to watch at least once is 'Terra Nova.'

Round XLX

An Old Fashioned Love Song – Three dog night
        Cecilia - Simon and Garfunkel
        Fire and Rain - James Taylor
        Just My Imagination - The Temptations
        Let it Be - The Beatles
        sigpic

Comment

Round 50

1. American Woman – The Guess Who
          2. L.A. Woman – The Doors
          3. Looking Out My Back Door – Creedence Clearwater Revival
          4. Stairway to Heaven – Led Zeppelin
          5. Woodstock – Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins View Post
            I don't really understand that, unless the person that made your new sig enlarged your jpeg and your smilies. Your sig before the change was under 100 kb so it should work now even thouigh it is all one picture. The size of the sigs hasn't changed, it was always 700 x 200, only the kb has been upped.
            The Gateworld uploader still thinks that sigs should only be 50kb, and not the 100kb that Darren upped it to. This means that the uploader strips away all the layers making up the smilies, hence them being static for the moment.

*kicks the uploader*
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aintright View Post
              well my dear ... if it was REAL crab (none of that artificial stuff or unless it was mass quantities of dungeness) it has ZERO carbs/low fat. most meats don't. Although fruits are simple carbs they are excellent for you. You do need carbs (thus low carbs) just the right ones. you can look here! and over here

This may help to!

You can eat very well and be healthy! High fiber (look for at least a 3g on labels) is a must! Did they test your cholesterol?

Cooking with olive oil is tasty and good.

oops ... i will stop ... i have a family history of bad hearts/high blood pressure/high cholesterol. men tend to die young. so we (as a family) have become quite informed. it is why i work so hard on my weight and diet. i love living and want to hang around for a long time!! course that is all in GOD's hands. i am just doing my part on this end!

so mom did well if the crab was cooked and not dunked into a bunch of butter!! the blackberries would have been much better without the custard!

take care of yourself ma dear. you have lots to live for and are a blessing to those of us out here who so enjoy you company!!

teehee!!

oops!! don't forget some excercise -- a mere 30 minutes a day walk will work wonders!
              But of course it was Dungeness! This is Washington after all. I had it with lemon juice and some sweet chili sauce. MMMM! Tasty! About the carbs, I'm not a big bread person, but I LOVE pasta. *sigh* I'm getting plenty of fruit and vegetables. I do the books for the farm and one of the perks is free produce. I've had homemade salsa at least twice a week for the last month. And raspberries! They have such a short growing season, that I'm enjoying them whenever I can.

I do use olive oil, and I don't use a lot of salt (although the chips kind of defeat that purpose, don't they?), but are you really suggesting **shudder** exercise? That's heretical talk, ainty!

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                I'd say Awake is the most (only?) promising upcoming show.
                Wow .. that looks interesting. Haven't heard of this show before, but then I'm trying to remember the last time I watched something on NBC. I didn't watch any show regularly last year. They need to advertise their new shows on USA. Then again, other than Flashpoint and the occasional repeat of Castle or Good Wife, I don't think I've watched anything on the regular networks since May.
                sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Round 49

American Woman - The Guess Who
                  Just My Imagination - The Temptations
                  Love the One You're With - Stephen Stills
                  Me and Bobby McGee - Janis Joplin
                  IMO always implied.

Comment

Black Magic Woman/Gypsy Queen - Santana - 1970
                    Layla - Derek and the Dominoes
                    Rock and Roll - Led Zeppelin - 1971
                    When the Levee Breaks - Led Zeppelin - 1971
                    Woodstock - Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young - 1970
                    sigpic
                    Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
                      Round Where The Heck Are You?

American Woman - The Guess Who
                      An Old Fashioned Love Song – Three dog night
                      El Condor Pasa - Simon and Garfunkel
                      Take Me Home, Country Roads - John Denver
                      just realized you had five valid votes!!

teehee!!
                      sigpic
                      SCORE!!

Comment

Round 50 big ones

Immigrant Song - Led Zeppelin - 1970
                        Iron Man - Black Sabbath - 1971
                        Wild Horses - The Rolling Stones - 1971
                        Woodstock - Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young - 1970
                        sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Black Magic Woman/Gypsy Queen - Santana - 1970
                          Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon & Garfunkel - 1971
                          Cecilia - Simon and Garfunkel - 1970
                          El Condor Pasa - Simon and Garfunkel - 1970
                          Take Me Home, Country Roads - John Denver - 1971
                          sigpic
                          GO NEWMAN! 31!

Comment

Just You And Me!!

Have You Ever Seen the Rain? - Creedence Clearwater Revival - 1971
                            Iron Man - Black Sabbath - 1971
                            Let it Be - The Beatles - 1970
                            Take Me Home, Country Roads - John Denver - 1971
                            Up Around the Bend - CCR - 1970

teehee!!
                            sigpic
                            SCORE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
                              Iron Man
                              Me and Bobby McGee
                              Paranoid
                              Since I've Been Loving You
                              When the Levee Breaks
                              maybe taking over the lead as Cosette? You did say you were a soprano? right?

teehee!!
                              sigpic
                              SCORE!!

Comment

Round FIFTY is Officially Over!!

Levee Busted ... The Songs Are Flowing Out Every Where!!

And the DJ says this disc is chipped and should go in the bin...

Spoiler:
                                5 When the Levee Breaks - Led Zeppelin - 1971
                                4 Cecilia - Simon and Garfunkel - 1970
                                4 Just My Imagination - The Temptations - 1971
                                4 Take Me Home, Country Roads - John Denver - 1971
                                4 Iron Man - Black Sabbath - 1971
                                3 American Woman - The Guess Who - 1970
                                3 An Old Fashioned Love Song – Three dog night – 1971
                                3 Black Magic Woman/Gypsy Queen - Santana - 1970
                                3 Woodstock - Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young - 1970
                                3 Let it Be - The Beatles - 1970
                                2 El Condor Pasa - Simon and Garfunkel - 1970
                                2 Fire and Rain - James Taylor - 1970
                                2 Have You Ever Seen the Rain? - Creedence Clearwater Revival - 1971
                                2 L.A. Woman – The doors - 1971
                                2 Looking Out My Back Door - Credence Clearwater Revial - 1970
                                2 Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin - 1970
                                2 Me and Bobby McGee - Janis Joplin - 1970
                                1 Bridge Over Troubled Water – Simon & Garfunkel – 1971
                                1 Get It On - T.Rex - 1971 [
                                1 Immigrant Song - Led Zeppelin - 1970
                                1 Layla - Derek and the Dominoes
                                1 Love the One You're With - Stephen Stills - 1970
                                1 Rock and Roll - Led Zeppelin - 1971
                                1 Wild Horses - The Rolling Stones - 1971
                                1 Without You - Nilsson - 1971
                                1 Paranoid - Black Sabbath - 1970
                                1 Since I've Been Loving You - Led Zeppelin - 1970
                                Baba O'Riley - The Who - 1971
                                Joy to the World – Three Dog Night - 1970
                                Love her madly - the doors – 1971
                                Riders on the storm – the doors – 1971
                                Roadhouse Blues - The Doors - 1970 [COLOR="red"]
                                Roundabout - Yes - 1971
                                Teach Your Children – Crosby, Nash, Stills & Young – 1970
                                Who'll Stop the Rain - CCR - 1970
                                Won't Get Fooled Again - The Who - 1971

So On To Round FIFTY ONE!!

The survivors -- whats left to vote for!! just clickie!

Pick Your 5 FIVE! least favorite!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yep Yep WBB -- excercise is KEY!

so was gonna motivate you with some new Brandon (sporting his long hair!)

Incubus

Promises, Promises

but, then i stumbled across this (blame kelly ripa)

so get walkin gal!! so much to live for eh!!

teehee!!
                                Last edited by aintright; 12 August 2011, 05:51 AM.
                                sigpic
                                SCORE!!

Comment

Working...
                                X