• Show
Clear All

Tiebreaker

Cecilia - Simon and Garfunkel
    Let It Be - The Beatles
    Looking Out My Back Door - Creedence Clearwater Revival

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins View Post
      Not a marathon; once a month there is a theme weekend where all the rank and rep point titles change to whatever the theme is. Last weekend it was Harry Potter. Last month they had a looney tunes weekend. Some members also participate by changing their avatars or sigs.
      Wish I could remember this! Would have been fun! *thinking about who I'd have chosen to 'become.' (might be an interesting sidetrack, IF we ever get through the last two which have been on-going for the last six or more months...)

You didn't like my look last weekend?
      Don't know about anyone else, but I LOVED it, though I was terribly confused when I saw it! lol

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat View Post
      rad--it wasn't the song voted out; it was the one ainty posted at the end. The whole group performed.
      Oh, ok... will have to go see what the song was, and try to remember who was in S7 (what season was just on this year?); Thanks!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by raduzhok View Post
        Wish I could remember this! Would have been fun! *thinking about who I'd have chosen to 'become.' (might be an interesting sidetrack, IF we ever get through the last two which have been on-going for the last six or more months...)
        Once we find out the theme for next month, I will try to post it here. I know Star Wars has been mentioned and a classic film theme. We should know in a couple of weeks.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm going to be gone until tomorrow night. If perchance Let it Be makes it through this round, my next vote is whatever is necessary to save it next time !!!!!!!

(We're taking youngest daughter to a big water-slide resort place up in Washington since she didn't get an actual birthday party this year.)

Comment

Tiebreaker

Let It Be - The Beatles

You prepping for that hurricane headed your way, cess? Since it seems it's headed up the coast to you.
            IMO always implied.

Comment

We had quite a shock today. Though I didn't actually feel the ground moving, and we were in the car only a few moments from the building where I was taking my dad to see his doctor. The place had been evacuated! I couldn't believe it when they said there'd been an earthquake! But of course, it originated in Virginia. And I understand it was felt as far north as Toronto!

It's the second one I remember up here NY way, though I later heard reports of quite big quakes back in the 1800s right in my family's favorite vacation spot, Cape Ann, MA.

Once we find out the theme for next month, I will try to post it here. I know Star Wars has been mentioned and a classic film theme. We should know in a couple of weeks.

Thanks! Will enjoy adding that to my GW experience. I think I remember the Pirate one not so long ago.
              sigpic

Comment

Yup (although I didn't feel anything). And apparently there were reports of it being felt as far north as Sudbury, Ontario which is about a 5 hour drive north of Toronto (and according to Google Maps about 810 miles north of the epicentre!)

My sister felt it so she's happy about that (she didn't feel the last one which was even closer to us than the Virginia quake).
                sigpic
                Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

I didn't feel the quake and its no more than 60 miles from me and people were feeling it in Canada. Granted I was in my car. Hubby felt it and thought someone was moving something in the storage room overhead before it dawned on him that it was earthquake. My office (an 1840's old house) shook really bad though...my co-workers were all outside when I pulled up and they told me there was an earthquake.

There have been aftershocks that my mom has felt 10 minutes away that we haven't felt in our house. Crazy.

Now this weekend and the hurricane I hate to say this...we need the rain. It's how we get our rain in the summer. Now if there would be a way to get just the rain and none of the horrible wind and heavy rain that would be awesome especially since my sister in law lives on the coast of VA. We are prepared...which is easy since I am more Central VA then coastal...but we are still in that stupid "possible track" graph.
                  sigpic
                  GO NEWMAN! 31!

Comment

Let It Be - The Beatles
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by raduzhok View Post

Thanks! Will enjoy adding that to my GW experience. I think I remember the Pirate one not so long ago.
                      The pirate theme was the first weekend theme. They changed avatars for everybody as well as rank and rep points titles, and words were changed to reflect pirate speak. Some of the changes didn't go over very well so now the changes are restricted to just the rank and rep point titles. They also had a MacGyver weekend, but you wouldn't see much difference in my av or sig for that.
                      sigpic

Comment

I loved that the Gateworld banner was hijacked, haha. Forget the naysayers!

Cess - I hope that the hurricane gets downgraded before it hits you or your sister... but that you still get rain. I mean that in the nicest way possible of course.
                        sigpic
                        Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

indeed ... looking at my frazzled what used to be greenery!! makes me wish for some of that rain too!!!

glad all are well with the shakem up! supposedly was felt in N GA! not in these parts though. never realized we had our own fault here in GA .... well until i was brutely awaken on fine morn ... from a perfectly good sleep too!!

hmphhh!!!

teehee!!
                          sigpic
                          SCORE!!
                          The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
                            I'm going to be gone until tomorrow night. If perchance Let it Be makes it through this round, my next vote is whatever is necessary to save it next time !!!!!!!

(We're taking youngest daughter to a big water-slide resort place up in Washington since she didn't get an actual birthday party this year.)
                            Hmm--would that be Great Wolf Lodge?

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Didn't know about the earthquake till tonight. I didn'r get off jury duty till just after 6pm. Was looking at sports articles and they said it was felt in Cleveland during the baseball game.

And Yippee, I'm done with the duty for 3 or so years. Made it up into a courtroom for questioning and everybody is holding their breath they aren't picked to be on the jury. People were upset that we had to stay late while they deliberated an hour picking the people after they sent us out of the room (especially when the judge said it was going to be 1/2 hr), but it's better than having us come back tomorrow.

So in 4-6 weeks I get a whopping check for $24 for 17 hrs being there.
                              sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post

So in 4-6 weeks I get a whopping check for $24 for 17 hrs being there.
                                Ouch. It's $30 a day here. My babysitter has to call every Monday and Wednesday for the next 4 weeks to see if she has to come in the next day. So far she has been in the clear but there are 2 weeks left.
                                sigpic
                                GO NEWMAN! 31!

Comment

Working...
                                X