X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronja View Post
    Thanks guys!! Blue jello coming up!

Edit: Okay so u get to choose... even better huh?
    Thank you!!
    *scoffs tha lot*
    Yummo
    -

Comment

Originally posted by aintright View Post
      The Little Drummer Boy a classic -- loved this one since i was a kid -- not the best rendition but gives an idea!

teehee!
      Oh hey I recognize that song! Dont remember if it's good or not ... but will change my vote... have loads more that I can vote for instead anyway

Edit: Hey i remember O Come All Ye Faithful now too! *snort* reminds me of junior high and the xmas break... always used to sing that in church *shivers*

Oh and thanks RoX! I should have thought of Youtube duh!
      Last edited by Ronja; 09 December 2006, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Christmas Time Is Here

This one brings back fond memories of A Charlie Brown Christmas -- poor Charlie Brown searching all over for the real meaning of Christmas -- dealing with Lucy --- Schroeder --- Snoopy --- Commercialized Everything --- his poor little tree!!! so sad --- and then Linus uses his TLC and puts his blanky around it and shares the gospel from Luke!!! *sigh* i sooooo love that show!!! this song just makes me feel warm all over!!

*off to look up when it is on this season* will let you know!!

Do You Hear What I Hear

Ok one of my very favorite faves -- love when it is sung by Robert Goulet -- his deep voice is perfect for it!!!

O'Tannenbaun

teehee!
        Last edited by aintright; 09 December 2006, 06:39 PM.
        sigpic
        SCORE!!
        The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
          Round 2

1. Deck The Halls
          2. Do They Know It's Christmas?
          3. Do You Hear What I Hear?
          4. Frosty the Snowman
          5. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
          6. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
          7. I Saw Three Ships
          8. Last Christmas
          9. Mary's Boy Child
          10. O Come All Ye Faithful
          11. Santa Baby
          12. The Holly and the Ivy

No worries aunty ainty. I wasn't too surprised at the outcome.
          psssst!!! they already tossed Santa Baby out in the snow!!!

teehee!
          sigpic
          SCORE!!

Comment

Callista -- it seems i need you to start singing right now!!!! They are voting against Breath of Heaven!!! It is in a perilous position!!! Please Help!!!

please!

teehee!
            sigpic
            SCORE!!

Comment

Christmas Time Is Here

This one brings back fond memories of A Charlie Brown Christmas -- poor Charlie Brown searching all over for the real meaning of Christmas -- dealing with Lucy --- Schroeder --- Snoopy --- Commercialized Everything --- his poor little tree!!! so sad --- and then Linus uses his TLC and puts his blanky around it and shares the gospel from Luke!!! *sigh* i sooooo love that show!!! this song just makes me feel warm all over!!

*off to look up when it is on this season* will let you know!!
              Too late! It was on a couple of weeks ago. (Right after Thanksgiving, I think.)
              Callista -- it seems i need you to start singing right now!!!! They are voting against Breath of Heaven!!! It is in a perilous position!!! Please Help!!!

please!

teehee!
              I'm singing! I'm singing! (And it's gorgeous I tell you! Absolutely gorgeous!)

No really, this is one of the most spiritual and "real" Christmas songs I know. Instead of making Mary out to be some sort of ethereal, super-wise, ultra-mature and calm woman, it shows her as a scared, teen-aged girl who is acting on a huge amount of faith to get her through what would have been a terrifying ordeal. Think about it: You're probably about 15 years old, you probably have no education other than domestic things, a rudimentary understanding of the scriptures (being a woman and all), you got a visit from an angel (which must have been pretty scary considering that the first thing angels always say is: Fear not!! [a.k.a.: quit freaking out! I'm not going to hurt you!]) telling you you're going to have a kid, your betrothed goes ahead and marries you which is the only thing that kept you from being stoned to death, you have to travel many miles either walking or on a donkey while 9 months pregnant, you have to have your baby in a dirty old stable....with, apparently only your new husband to help you! (Possibly the inn-keeper's wife), and a bunch of shepherds show up immediately after the birth to check you and your kid out. There's practically no medicine at the time. Your relatives (other than Joseph) are far away. That would be horrible!!!
              Well, this song helps draw attention to the truly tremendous thing Mary did on faith alone, despite her fear and doubts.
              Last edited by Callista; 09 December 2006, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
                DUH not another tourney. It seems that when the number system goes beyond 10, I can't cope. Thanks aint.

Gotta laugh a little -- with all the tourneys i've been fixed in!!! tis nice to be the fixer!!!

teehee!

tend to the tourney just like a sheep herder!!! oh!! soo!! appropriate for the season!!
                sigpic
                SCORE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
                  Too late! It was on a couple of weeks ago. (Right after Thanksgiving, I think.)
                  what -- must be on cable somewhere again!!

Originally posted by Angelic Vocalist
                  I'm singing! I'm singing! (And it's gorgeous I tell you! Absolutely gorgeous!)
                  It is and thank you!!! *sigh* A Charlie Brown Christmas (push watch trailer in middle!)

and thanks for the summation -- it is sooo true -- i can't imagine how she must have felt -- in awe and amazment -- shuddering from within -- humbled and overwhelmed -- it would have been terrifying and exciting all at once -- this child within you that can save you -- how can you be mom to that??? Can you imagine the story this woman can tell!!! Your son that she had to have maternal feelings for and your Lord -- how do you handle that!!! and from the beginning she knew of his fate!! *sigh*

teehee!
                  Last edited by aintright; 09 December 2006, 08:31 PM.
                  sigpic
                  SCORE!!

Comment

please!

teehee!
                    In case ya haven't figured it out yet YouTube is my friend

Here's a beautiful presentation of Breath of Heaven and Yes, I am one of the meanies voting it out. It's a beautiful song but it's just not my cup of tea
                    -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post

Here's a beautiful presentation of Breath of Heaven and Yes, I am one of the meanies voting it out. It's a beautiful song but it's just not my cup of tea
                      Thanks RofX -- sure it is not as beautiful as Callista singing but Amy Grant does a wonderful job!!! *chills*

teehee!

breath of heaven hold me together -- i have quoted that line many a time!
                      sigpic
                      SCORE!!

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat View Post
                        Wait a minute! It's actually a song about Snoopy and the Red Baron suspending hostilities at Christmas time.

EDIT: Hmm--after a little googling, it's Snoopy's Christmas that I'm thinking about (and that I meant to nominate). Can we get a ruling from the tourney operators?

Snoopy vs Red Baron

Snoopy's Christmas

thanks for pointing that out -- i had the second one in mind too!!!

gg is gone for the night but i don't see a problem -- will make the change!!

teehee!
                        sigpic
                        SCORE!!

Comment

While I like alot of Wham songs, that didn't impress all that much but I'll leave it off for a little while.
                          Do You Hear What I Hear
                          Ok one of my very favorite faves -- love when it is sung by Robert Goulet -- his deep voice is perfect for it!!!
                          I love this song - one of my favorites.

That was very pretty song to hear. But I'm not religious at all so most of my votes(or non-votes in this case) for the religious songs are out of nostalgia and memories of singing them with my family and caroling with friends than any religious significance. So having me like a new religious song is a pretty tall order and not very likely.
                          sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Round 2

A Christmas Carol <---- I don't think I've heard this.
                            All I want for Christmas <---- I like other songs better.
                            An Upside-down Christmas <---- I've never heard it.
                            Fairytale of New York <---- I've never heard it.
                            Jingle Bells <---- I prefer the rock version.
                            Gloria in Excelsis Deo <---- I like "Angels We Have Heard on High" better.
                            Here Comes Santa Claus <---- I like other songs better.
                            I Saw Three Ships <---- I like other songs better.
                            Mary's Boy Child <---- I've never heard it.
                            Six White Boomers <---- I've never heard it.
                            The Friendly Beasts <---- I've never heard it.
                            The Holly and the Ivy <---- I've never heard this.

Man! This is already getting hard.
                            Last edited by Gate Girl; 09 December 2006, 10:10 PM.
                            46-43! and 45-44! and 49-22-11!!
                            sigpic
                            Ain't it good to know you've got a friend. ~ Carole King

Comment

GG - aren't we on round 2? (Although it is late and I'm sleep deprived.)

Silent Night
                              The Little Drummer Boy
                              Silver Bells
                              A Christmas Carol
                              An Upside-down Christmas
                              Angels from the Realm of Glory
                              Blue Christmas
                              Breath of Heaven
                              Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late)
                              Christmas Time Is Here
                              Fairytale of New York
                              Feliz Navidad
                              sigpic
                              Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1 View Post
                                GG - aren't we on round 2? (Although it is late and I'm sleep deprived.)
                                Yes, and I'm the one who's sleep deprived. It's 1 o'clock here, and I got up early this morning, and I've been studying for finals. I only came on to vote in this tourney.

'Night, Squee!
                                46-43! and 45-44! and 49-22-11!!
                                sigpic
                                Ain't it good to know you've got a friend. ~ Carole King

Comment

Working...
                                X