Women: Can they drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FeloniousMonk View Post
    Now all that being said if anyone doubts that some women can drive better than most men:

She'll outdrive anyone on this forum.
    hehehehee green for you droll she is hot
    Last edited by Adria; 27 October 2006, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
      lol, so what you're saying is..........that.......the whole point of eating potatoes.....is to do so....without turning it into charkoal by leaving it in the microwave fo too long?

I don't see how that's relevant to this thread, sorry

Try again
      No, what I'm saying is that you're a brainless misogynist who is using the cover of a stupid joke to insult women. The old "but don't you have a sense of humor" is nothing but preventive action to keep people from saying what they think by making it look as if if you don't laugh it off it'll make you look uncool, or like you're not one of the boys.

Now, since all you want is to keep this pathetic thread alive seeing how you and your troll friend keep bumping it, I'll just let this idiocy die it's undignified death.

Comment

there is plenty of subjects us women could bring up in a thread to get back at you map ................but then we could go to your level

women can drive ...i have freind who are kinda road rage ...but there can drive

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
          No, what I'm saying is that you're a brainless misogynist who is using the cover of a stupid joke to insult women. The old "but don't you have a sense of humor" is nothing but preventive action to keep people from saying what they think by making it look as if if you don't laugh it off it'll make you look uncool, or like you're not one of the boys.

Now, since all you want is to keep this pathetic thread alive seeing how you and your troll friend keep bumping it, I'll just let this idiocy die it's undignified death.
          Now that's not nice.
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Adria View Post
            there is plenty of subjects us women could bring up in a thread to get back at you map ................
            Then bring them up Come on, I've insulted women - now it's your turn.
            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

Then bring them up Come on, I've insulted women - now it's your turn.
              don't tempt me

Comment

Originally posted by Adria View Post
                don't tempt me
                please?

sigpic

Comment

all in all, the WORST drivers are distracted drivers

did you know that 98% of all crashes are preventable in some way?
                  be they over correcting, losing control, lack of maintenance, distraction, something like that

98% of all crashes are theoretically prventable

that in itself is pretty spooky

and, statistically, the 'worst' drivers are

teens
                  elderly
                  the distracted

teens on the road without the experience needed to adjust thier driving to the situation or a lack of knowledge tomake the appropriate decisions in situations

the elderly whose skills will deteriorate with age and medical conditions, yet who have an unrealisitc view of their own abilities complicated by families that lack the time and willingness to take the keys - and independance - from mom and dad

the distracted, who are trying to multi task with cell phones, pda's, notes, laptops, lipstick, combs, shavers not to mention the kids in the back seat and the radio and dvd player

as to the autobahn, another reason that its crash rates are lower is that a drivers license in germany isnt' considered a right, it's a privilege, one that's earned through hours of schooling and a hefty fee. whereas in teh US, 50 hours of driving iwth mom and dad can get you a learner's permit. and if mom and dad have bad habits, they pas those onto junior and the 'badness' perpetrates itself

It's even worse in rural areas - and kansas is a state where 45% of its population is in 4 cities and the rest scatterec across 120000 square miles where, yes, there's less traffic, but if you're in a crash on a rural road, you stand a 4 times ( I think) more likely chance of dying from your injuries as opposed to those that may have the very same crash in a city where medical help is just minutes away instead of hours
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

um............................what? Are you saying that it wasn't my place to make this thread because I'm not a woman? awww I was only havin a laugh, sheesh.
                    No I'm saying if you wouldn't have the balls to tell this joke in the presence of a woman then you shouldn't tell it at all.

Read. Comprehend. Post. <3

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
                      I think what they were saying is that if you're going to say an offensive, dumb, and thoughtless joke, you should do it in front of the people you have the potential to piss off the most.
                      word. thx 4 red <3

Comment

Wow. This thread is really pissing some people off...
                        *THUNK*

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."- Adam Savage

Cassidy- "Go ahead, Munch, rain on my parade."
                        Munch- "I don't just want to rain on your parade, I want to blow up all the floats."

Comment

Originally posted by FeloniousMonk View Post
                          No I'm saying if you wouldn't have the balls to tell this joke in the presence of a woman then you shouldn't tell it at all.

Read. Comprehend. Post. <3
                          lol, I've dunnit millions of times in front of some girls I know so I'm okay.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            all in all, the WORST drivers are distracted drivers

did you know that 98% of all crashes are preventable in some way?
                            be they over correcting, losing control, lack of maintenance, distraction, something like that

98% of all crashes are theoretically prventable

that in itself is pretty spooky

and, statistically, the 'worst' drivers are

teens
                            elderly
                            the distracted

teens on the road without the experience needed to adjust thier driving to the situation or a lack of knowledge tomake the appropriate decisions in situations

the elderly whose skills will deteriorate with age and medical conditions, yet who have an unrealisitc view of their own abilities complicated by families that lack the time and willingness to take the keys - and independance - from mom and dad

the distracted, who are trying to multi task with cell phones, pda's, notes, laptops, lipstick, combs, shavers not to mention the kids in the back seat and the radio and dvd player

as to the autobahn, another reason that its crash rates are lower is that a drivers license in germany isnt' considered a right, it's a privilege, one that's earned through hours of schooling and a hefty fee. whereas in teh US, 50 hours of driving iwth mom and dad can get you a learner's permit. and if mom and dad have bad habits, they pas those onto junior and the 'badness' perpetrates itself

It's even worse in rural areas - and kansas is a state where 45% of its population is in 4 cities and the rest scatterec across 120000 square miles where, yes, there's less traffic, but if you're in a crash on a rural road, you stand a 4 times ( I think) more likely chance of dying from your injuries as opposed to those that may have the very same crash in a city where medical help is just minutes away instead of hours
                            okay so are most distracted drivers male or female?

sigpic

Comment

Come now children, play nice.

Since I am not a woman, I can't fully judge what would be considered over the line or just a joke to a woman. Best I can do is TRY not to go over the line. That being said, it's a good idea to try to keep things "in good nature". A good ribbing is ok, we ALL get it sometimes. Heck, my sister teases my about my hairline ALL the time, yet it is a subject I am VERY sensative about. But I also remember she's not doing it to be mean, she's just teasing me. Besides, I can tease her about all the grey hair she is getting.

I had originally written a whole long post about things like this, and how it can be a virtual mine field to navigate sometimes. But since I am a man, I decided against it because I don't feel like getting flamed, reported, and those annoying little red thingies. It just seems like a man can't speak his mind, crack a joke, or even give an opinion on something without being labeled a misogynist if it is not a particularly popular view. I'm not trying to peeve anyone off or anything. I'm just trying to point out that we need to be careful how far we go in trying to "correct" the way we speak. If we go too far too fast, we could slip down that slippery slope and end up stiffling free speech.
                              Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
                              Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

I've had my driver license for 12 years now and I've never been in an accident, except when someone plowed in to me while I was not even moving, nor gotten a ticket. I would assume that means I am a fairly competent driver. My thing is that I have a terrible sense of direction. Absolutely rotten. This is why I much prefer to fly, even if it's only to LA which is only 4 hours away by car. I get very turned around very easily.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Working...
                                X