This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ragnarok13
    anyway its possible ireland is atlantis, anything is possible, and who knows, maybe then stone henge is atlantian!
    quite possibly
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

There was a fascinating documentary on the History channel the other night called "The Search for Atlantis".

In that they traced the history of the story from Plato right the way throught to modern day - including I might add a slightly odd side track into how the Nazis adopted the Atlantis myth, believing that it was the true home of their race!!

Anyway, according to this Atlantis can be found anywhere between Crete and Santorini in the Greek Isles to the middle of the Atlantic ocean, to a plain high in the mountains in South America through to under the ice in Antartica. I think there were a few other theories around as well but sorry no mention of Ireland as a possibility!!

Also, they did also mention the theory that many of the worlds main "wonders" were built by descendants of Atlantis after they were forced to abandon their home - Stonehenge included!!!

Comment

so that may mean that those big heads on easter island were made by atlantians
        anyone up for some Armageddon?

Comment

Atlantis was ireland =D!

But who has sumeria? booyah
          RADEK ZELENKA FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnarok13
            oh yah now i remember! theirs the episode"the torment of tantilus" frome sg, and the myth the torment of tantilus, where a trickster is given the punishment of pushing a massive boulder up ahill onto the other side but whenever he gets to the top it falls to the bottom again
            That was Sysiphus.

Tantalus' punishment was that he would have to stand in a body of water, and every time he went to take a drink from it the water would recede from him.

Comment

Originally posted by David85
              I don't believ it either for several reasons.

1. Wasn't Ireland already known about?
              Ptolemy's maps of Europe were drawn in the 2nd century AD. Plato wrote about Atlantis quite a while before that.

3. It's Ireland.
              Hmm.

Comment

i read somewhere before that they found ruins in the ocean that described the walls and stuctures very similiar to what was written.. i forgot the details.. but i remmeber they ruled out ireland was not it.. it is similiar, but their are no evidence it has sunk or been completely flooded, also no structures to be seen.. but i think the people of atlantis helped built many things around the world.. like those stone hedges.. which we today find it myseterious how they had the strength to carry an object thats weighs tons and tons... and i believe they helped built the pyramids.. since there are no glyphs showing the pyramids being built.. and how the stones were cut straight.. when no tools back then existed or no evidence of such tools.

Comment

More "evidence" supporting the Ireland is Atlantis theory...

The relevant bits start about half way through the clip.

Be warned, though, stereotypes are skewered.

Comment

ireland isnt atlantis neither is anywere in europe but its out there

if it was ireland or in europe weres all the technology that is on hyroglyphs in egypt about the atlanteans

besides more ppl belive it to be in antarctic

im irish so dont bother thinkin im tryin to make out ireland is crap

Mckay: Size doesnt matter

Sheppard:thats a myth

I like farris wheels,college football and a good cup of tea.

Comment

Originally posted by True!Ancient
                      ireland isnt atlantis neither is anywere in europe but its out there

if it was ireland or in europe weres all the technology that is on hyroglyphs in egypt about the atlanteans

besides more ppl belive it to be in antarctic

im irish so dont bother thinkin im tryin to make out ireland is crap
                      It would make sense as to why we didn't find Atlantis yet if it is in the antarctic. It could be somewhere under all that ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotshot
                        It would make sense as to why we didn't find Atlantis yet if it is in the antarctic. It could be somewhere under all that ice.
                        yup n ppl think thats y russia n america are fightin over the land aswell

Mckay: Size doesnt matter

Sheppard:thats a myth

I like farris wheels,college football and a good cup of tea.

Comment

Originally posted by Quartz
                          More "evidence" supporting the Ireland is Atlantis theory...

The relevant bits start about half way through the clip.

Be warned, though, stereotypes are skewered.
                          That was hilarious!

Comment

LOL Ireland is Atlantis, don't make me laugh.

How could Ireland possibly be Atlantis? There is nothing there to even indicate it was ever the home of an advance civilization, and even if it was jez did it go down hill fast.

My money is on Atlantis being at the bottom of the black sea, which flooded during the last ice age, that could explain the whole flooding/sinking beneath the waves lack and why we can't find it.

Comment

This has got to be the best thread I've been on in awhile. Atlanis is Ireland. First off I didn't see any Ancient with a beer in their hand. I got on this thread to say, "No more beer for you." Then I read it and it's vary interesting. If it is, that would be cool. Then I could tell everyone that Atlantis is my homeland. (me being Irish and all)

I would but my two cents on one of the poles. North or South.
                              *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                              *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                              *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                              *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                              *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                              *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                              *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by SensesFail062 View Post
                                would explain why their "far superior tech lost to the wraith" as the hologram in "rising" said. maybe the wraith were coming and mel gibson tried to repel them.
                                braveheart was scotland.....
                                though it was filmed in ireland
                                lol

Originally posted by Teal'c View Post
                                They did, an advanced system of transportation called "Luas"

*gigglesnort*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X