• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teal'c
    Damn you, I came on to post this!

Anyway, I don't think it's right... it's pretty dry outside my window here

Achill on the other hand... that could be Atlantis
    HA! I beat you both to it.

I'm still trying to figure it. Does it rain a lot?
    Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
    O'Neill: Who doesn't?
    - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
    - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
    once done, cannot be undone...
    brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Actually, I'm thinking the city might have actually sunk... just into a bog in Mayo rather than the ocean

Comment

Every time a scientist finds some ruins they claim it's Atlantis to get the attention of the press. Here's some other examples:

Atlantis in Spain
        Atlantis near Cyprus
        Atlantis found in the Atlantic
        Atlantis is Cuba
        This guy is willing to give tours of Atlantis for an $8,000,000 grant...
        Atlantis in North Africa
        Atlantis on Spartel Island

In case this doesn't make it clear, scientists and non-scientists have been finding Atlantis all over the planet, and yet they can't all be Atlantis.

When they find a sign that translates "Welcome to Atlantis, Population: 0" then I'll start believing these so called experts. Until then, they're just a bunch of media whores that don't have their research peer reviewed before making incredible claims.
        Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...nd_atlantis_dc

On the front page of Yahoo News this morning they say that Ireland is the real lost city of Atlantis as Plato wrote about it....Geographer Ulf Erlingsson has come up with this brilliant theory....

Personally....I like our SCI FI version of Atlantis much better....what do you think?

Ireland....just too main stream....however....anyone in Ireland think they have the Ancient gene?

S'Claire

Comment

*ahem*

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...hlight=Ireland

Comment

Yeah, I'm convinced it sunk right between North America and Europe.

Comment

I've herd it was south america witch is posible becaus e thing have been found in grece from platos time period that they shouldn't have had because they were from the americas and I'v also herd that it was in the stech of sea inbetween europ and Africa( baltic sea mabe ???? is that right)
                -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
                GS/CS/CC>D?S++:+A----C++++U?P?L+!EW++(+)N-O?K?W---O?
                M+@V?PS+PE--YPGP!T!5!XR+>TV++B+++(++)DI+D-GE-H!R---Y?
                ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
                geekcode

Comment

Actually, I've become increasingly convinced that the Greeks had some pretty good drugs.
                  Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                  O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                  - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                  - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                  once done, cannot be undone...
                  brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

This is actually the third thread on it, but speaking of which, I have noticed that my car does what I'm thinking....

Comment

Well, it is quite big... plus, Atlantic Drive... coincidence? I think not
                      Yeah okay, you've got me there, that's a dead giveaway!

Actually, I'm thinking the city might have actually sunk... just into a bog in Mayo rather than the ocean
                      LOL!! Hey, you never know!

Comment

This is actually the third thread on it, but speaking of which, I have noticed that my car does what I'm thinking....

Oopss.....sorry...I looked for one...but apparently....I didn't look hard enough....

** Puts head down in an apologetic fashion, and walks back to the shipper thread**

Comment

Somehow I have a hard time believing the lost city of Atlanis is Ireland...

I did however here an interresting theory that Atlanis was somewhere in Turkey. There are some parralels between Atlantis and this ancient city that was in modern day turkey. The city was called tantulis. Apparently the city of atlantis was ruled by the decendents of Atlas and the version of Atlas found in ancient Turkey was called Tantulus. The city Tantulis was destroyed (By sinking under water) because of the bad behavior of Tantulus.

There is more to it but I don't have to book in front of me. I think the book was called "Mysteries of the Ancient world". I don't know if this is true but I found it quite interresting.
                          Daniel:Nyet
                          Jack: Daniel?
                          Daniel: He just asked me if we were Soviet Spies. I just...
                          Jack: Nyet???

Comment

tantilus? where have i heard that before?
                            anyone up for some Armageddon?

Comment

oh yah now i remember! theirs the episode"the torment of tantilus" frome sg, and the myth the torment of tantilus, where a trickster is given the punishment of pushing a massive boulder up ahill onto the other side but whenever he gets to the top it falls to the bottom again

Comment

anyway its possible ireland is atlantis, anything is possible, and who knows, maybe then stone henge is atlantian!

Comment

Working...
                                X