Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that the most proper perspective is that one stated above where the truth of what is really happening has yet to unfold.
    While both sides can find positions to justify their unique perspective on this situation without an overview that serves the interest of justice there will only be a temporary resolution. Israel for all its might and the support of the US is only modifying the area for a short term. I am starting to think that its current atrocity against the peoples of Lebanon, besides Hezbollah, as illustrated by its recent bombing of Sidon where many refugees had taken shelter, may just be the actions necessary in order to bring unity and strength to the Muslim nations of the world as they awaken to the hatred and lies of the West.
    Currently even among the Arabs there is as much conflict of perspective as is seen on this forum and in one newspaper out of Lebanon an Arab is appalled at the lack of concern of fellow Arabs over the deaths of innocent children and families at the hands of the murderers from Israel.
    This is a shameful state of affairs and despite what little any of us REALLY know about the root causes it is not the cause that justifies the end. It should be the perspective of what is worth more. Deciding what that value is is the real issue. It is apparent to this writer that this situation will never end as long as the West continues to attempt to manipulate and dominate the region as it has been doing since the fall of the Ottoman Empire.
    For myself, my judgment demands that a nation with the might that Israel has has to be pronouncely more benign in its perspective as it seeks to approach the subject of these issues with maturity and not rash emotionalism. It is tragic that the immature leadership of the current US government only adds fuel to the fire while extolling its so-called humanitarian position of caring for the noncombatants in the region when its Christian obligations demand that its approach should be to insist on a cease to the Israeli violence or a rupture in Israeli-US relations. The US should not hide behind the lies that it uses to justify the oppression of the Palestinian peoples since the West stripped them of their lands and inserted the unwanted Jews from Europe. The errors of the past continue to drive the conflict of the present. Perhaps the only resolution is to addrress those errors and seek a lasting (re-)settlement.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks
      In my opinion people need to look at the bigger picture, Israel didn't start this because of two missing soldiers and they aren't main victim, infact they stand to gain alot from this in the long run.
      If you count continued existence as something to be gained in the long run, then you're correct.
      As for that favorite phrase ''cycle of violence' I think it needs to be revised to 'positive feedback loop ending in the termination of Israel'.
      Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
      The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
      I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
      A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
      That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
      Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
      Caboose: They could be worse?
      Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master
        If you count continued existence as something to be gained in the long run, then you're correct.
        As for that favorite phrase ''cycle of violence' I think it needs to be revised to 'positive feedback loop ending in the termination of Israel'.
        Or, they could make Lebanon into a client state and fight Hezbollah by proxy. It's in fashion these days, Iran will be loving this conflict, wonder where Hezbollah get all their missiles...

Comment

Ha! The UN is a joke. They are about as anti-Israel as the Muslims who want to wipe Israel off the map and push the Jews into the sea so accusations that Israel is committing war crimes are standard fare. I don’t take the UN seriously anymore.

Just last week UN officials that transported reported civilian casualties to a morgue in Lebanon stood by and watched as “Lebanese civil defense workers” took the mutilated bodies out of the body bags and held them up like sides of meat so an AFP photographer could take pictures of them. The photos are sickening to look at, especially one of a child being dangled by his ankles as if it were a tuna someone just caught. (If someone wants links, I can provide them. They’re on Getty Images’s website.)

It’s sad that Lebanese civilians who are truly innocent are being caught up in this fighting, and those photos were probably of some civilians in the wrong place at the wrong time, but then there are those so-called “innocent” civilians who I doubt are all that innocent that are killed.

Ran across this today posted on a site that supposedly contains “personal views and opinions of Lebanese Force members.” Hezbollahs Filthy Methods. Here's part of the post:
          We have seen Israel for example hitting a tissue factory in a small village in the south. The reason for that would be Hezbollah move around with a missile in a truck, park near a factory and fire a rocket then flee. The origin of the rocket being the factory, Israelis respond by hitting it.

A witness to a similar action went on TV and urged Hezbollah fighters to stop coming into his village to shoot rockets and then run away since the village is being destroyed.

Same for the truck that was carrying civilians and that became very suspicious when it was not allowed to enter the UN offices.

Fighting a guerrilla is very hard and knowing that they could shoot from anywhere, we should expect attacks on unusual places.

Innocent people are dying this is true, but I believe the way Hezbollah is operating and its filthy methods in infiltrating villages and using them as launch positions is causing all those casualties.

Of course Israelis have hit bridges recklessly during the day killing innocent civilians trying to cross the bridge, but its war and you always have victims.

On the other hand, the party thats hitting civilians randomly and threatening innocent lives is Hezbollah who is launching rockets with no sense of direction whatsoever. I have seen rockets land on balconies, small cafes, walls… anything but military targets.
          IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
            Ha! The UN is a joke. They are about as anti-Israel as the Muslims who want to wipe Israel off the map and push the Jews into the sea so accusations that Israel is committing war crimes are standard fare. I don’t take the UN seriously anymore.
            The UN essentially created Israel.

Comment

while I'm for the war on Terror, Israel is bang out of order.

Most of the casualties so far have been children.

and I don't see the difference between the terrorists and the Israeli government past the initial reasons for the bombings.
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by jenks
                The UN essentially created Israel.
                You get them in one spot, and it takes less effort...

Yeah, I'll take my sick sense of humor elsewhere, now.

(And no, I'm not against Jews. Some of my favorite people are Jews. This was merely twisting an event to fit the "UN wants to destroy the Jews" scenario. Have a nice day.)
                Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay

Most of the casualties so far have been children.

And Jews use the blood of Christian children to make their Passover bread, right?

A blood libel is a blood libel, regardless of the details.

"Atheism - the religion devoted to the worship of one's own smug sense of superiority."
                    - Stephen Colbert
                    "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Give a man religion and he'll starve to death praying for a fish."

Comment

In everything I've read about what happened...The UN needed a place to resettle the Israelis, the Palestinians allowed the Israelis into Palestine, and the Israelis took over the entire area.

Now they're gunning for a fight, and I bet those in the US aren't getting images of maimed and disfigured Lebaneze kids beamed into their living rooms on news channels.

DysfunctionVeteran - For the record: I'm an athiest...biblical references don't mean much to me...murder is murder.
                      sigpic
                      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by DysfunctionalVeteran

Just because YOU'VE bought into the palestinian propaganda doesn't mean everyone else has.
                        What an unbelievably stupid thing to say.

Comment

Guys, just remember that these threads can turn nasty quick - they're just as volatile as the situation this thread is discussing. I urge everyone to think before they say - even if you've seen something that's made your blood boil, take a moment before you post to think about what you say. A big all out flame war does no-one any good - don't provoke one.

As for the current situation ... well, the impression i've got over the past few years is that this region of the world is horribly volatile - and i believe both sides are equally to blame. It really needs an outside, ambivalent mediator, trusted by both sides to split things up fairly. Sadly i doubt that'll be possible. All we can do is hope it plays out with as few innocent deaths as possible.
                          I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

In everything I've read about what happened...The UN needed a place to resettle the Israelis, the Palestinians allowed the Israelis into Palestine, and the Israelis took over the entire area.

Now they're gunning for a fight, and I bet those in the US aren't getting images of maimed and disfigured Lebaneze kids beamed into their living rooms on news channels.

DysfunctionVeteran - For the record: I'm an athiest...biblical references don't mean much to me...murder is murder.
                            Actually, they didn't take over the whole area until after Egypt Lebanon, Jordan and Syria decided to declare war against them, and promptly lost. Then they took the Sinai peninsula, areas of Lebanon, etc as buffer areas to protect civilians. Eventually the Sinai peninsula went back to Egypt, and Israel has never had to deal with Egypt again.
                            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Here's why civilians get bombed and why collateral damage will be higher than it otherwise would need to be:

The UN has boldly stated that war crimes are taking place in Lebanon. Yea, I agree. It is a crime for Hezbollah ‘soldiers’ to fight using the civilian populace as human shields while blaming Israel for causing collateral damage and seeking “collective punishment.” I believe that if Israel wants to destroy all the missiles being fired at them that they should target every mosque in Beirut. At least that would be a good start. It is after all a "holy war" in the eyes of the terrorists. Hit ‘em where it will really hurt, ruin moral, and take out the weapon stockpiles most likely hidden there. War is an ugly brutal reality, but it something that needs to be won. Why does it seem that only a selected few leaders seem to know this...well, them and the terrorists?

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

The 'War on Terror' is a joke, if the US government hadn't staged 9/11 then we wouldn't be seeing the rise in terrorism that is about today...

Comment

Working...
                                X