• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah Simh, looks like you need this more than I do

Not sure about mixing them together though
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Hey guys, I was wondering if somebody would be willing to help me with a little project I'm working on. I've been saving screen caps from both Xena and Stargate, in some cases cutting out obvious clues like main actors and the SciFi logo, and I want to put them in a fairly fast rotating animation/slide show. In some cases, the similarities are... well, very laughable. Once they start to blend together, I think even I will have a hard time telling which caps come from which show. I think it will be fun, and I hope it will demonstrate my point that there are a lot of similarities between the shows (particularly season 9), an idea that some of the pros have made fun of on the pro threads.

I want to bill it as the "Is it Xena or is it SG-1?" game.

But, I don't know how to do animations or rotating pics or a fast slideshow...

Also, I have a dvd drive on my computer, but I have no idea how to do screencaps. Any suggestions?

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        yep, weighs about that much. but if sam is right in front of it, it'll fall around her and she'll go through the event horizon

really her and anything else in that 20 foot radius

theoretically, if she was taking shelter behind a rock or something and the gate fell flat, anything above ground level would go through the event horizon
        Dude, wouldn't she go flying through the wormhole on the other end head first, or at least land with a THUD at the end head first? Yeesh.

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
          Good point Sky.. but most gates seem to be on raised platforms, so I'm kinda picturing that. Sam is standing on the steps and the gate falls and rests at an angle on the steps.. but maybe the DHD cops the top and gets crushed.
          Good visual. I'm picturing huge squished parts of the DHD going flying through the Stargate at Sam as she lands on the other end, and - with what sally said - a rock or something flying through as well...

It'd be kinda neat. And, no, I'm not a hardcore whumper. But the effects would look great!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
            Dude, wouldn't she go flying through the wormhole on the other end head first, or at least land with a THUD at the end head first? Yeesh.
            I'm still worried about her feet being cut off at the ankles.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
              Wouldn't all of her go through or none of her at all? I remember McKay saying something on Atlantis about only entire objects or people materializing on the other side.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                Because of the fact that the Stargate would then be a couple of feet off the ground?

I honestly think that if the Stargate's wormhole fell on Sam (or anyone), there'd be some issues with the impact. I mean, I suck at physics, but wouldn't it be falling at a pretty high speed?

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                  Wouldn't all of her go through or none of her at all? I remember McKay saying something on Atlantis about only entire objects or people materializing on the other side.
                  That always confuses me, because they have Jack and that one marine constantly holding their guns in place to keep the wormhole open. And Teal'c held Kawalski's neck at the wormhole, until it was shut down...

This stuff gets me every time, because whenever I THINK I get it... I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                    That always confuses me, because they have Jack and that one marine constantly holding their guns in place to keep the wormhole open. And Teal'c held Kawalski's neck at the wormhole, until it was shut down...

This stuff gets me every time, because whenever I THINK I get it... I don't.
                    I figure that the rest of Kawalsky disintegrated in the wormhole rather than reintegrating on the other side. Remember, Replicarter had to disconnect her arm to escape Teal'c. Holding the guns in the wormhole means that there is something in there, like a holding signal and therefore it won't close down. I don't think the arms appears at the other side.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                      I figure that the rest of Kawalsky disintegrated in the wormhole rather than reintegrating on the other side. Remember, Replicarter had to disconnect her arm to escape Teal'c. Holding the guns in the wormhole means that there is something in there, like a holding signal and therefore it won't close down. I don't think the arms appears at the other side.
                      Ahh, that makes sense. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                        the 'pull' of the stargate should take care of that...or the sf's in the gateroom dash up the ramp and pull her out of hte event horizon...or gravity does it. she rolls down the ramp
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

mmhm, a rotating slide show

well powerpoint will do that.

or 'image ready' which comes bundled with photoshop 7+. you open all your pics in a photoshop file, making each pic a layer, then export it to image ready which will allow you tomake gif's. you can even dissolved 'tween' between each one
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

mmhm, a rotating slide show

well powerpoint will do that.

or 'image ready' which comes bundled with photoshop 7+. you open all your pics in a photoshop file, making each pic a layer, then export it to image ready which will allow you tomake gif's. you can even dissolved 'tween' between each one
                            Thanks, Sky.

My LJ

Comment

Or she realises what's happening and jumps

the 'pull' of the stargate should take care of that...or the sf's in the gateroom dash up the ramp and pull her out of hte event horizon...or gravity does it. she rolls down the ramp
                              sigpic

Comment

If there are really strong ground tremors, the gate might bounce a little as it falls, jolting Sam just enough to send her through the wormhole. It'd be a rough landing on the other side, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X