This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I saw the "new" opening for S9, I went into shock
    How could they justify putting BB first and show all these clips of a character no one knew yet or cared about.

*Change Point*
    I've seen the SG1 Monday night promos and it just seems like they are towing the line, trying to hypnotise/convince us that it is a much better new show

Okay, now its time to get sick again
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      yep. betcha one thing though... cam ain't ever gonna be getting himself made an honorable brig general

not meaning to start any cam bashing in teh slightest, but cameron's portrayal is a full 180 degrees from jacks'

jack, while being irreverant and goofy at times, always kept the bigger picture in sight and behaved with honor, no matter how silly the situation
      In a situation where they're dying, I can't see Sam saying to Cam "it was an honor serving with you" ala Solitudes. Maybe "oh crap!"

Comment

yep. betcha one thing though... cam ain't ever gonna be getting himself made an honorable brig general
        Don't tempt the Fates.

not meaning to start any cam bashing in teh slightest, but cameron's portrayal is a full 180 degrees from jacks'

jack, while being irreverant and goofy at times, always kept the bigger picture in sight and behaved with honor, no matter how silly the situation
        I think that one of the crucial differences between Jack and Cameron is that in a serious or potentially serious situation, Jack has the intelligence and the common sense to know when humour is and isn't appropriate.

Jack's humour didn't strike me as cheap or idiotic and it never affected the way I felt about him as a leader. He may have clowned around a bit at times, but I always knew that he was a strong, capable leader.

I never had cause to doubt Jack's abilities as a leader. I have not seen anything to give me any cause to believe that Cam possesses any such abilities.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
          In a situation where they're dying, I can't see Sam saying to Cam "it was an honor serving with you" ala Solitudes. Maybe "oh crap!"
          Well, they were about to be killed in 'Off The Grid', I didn't see any of the team bidding Cam fond farewells.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
            Well, they were about to be killed in 'Off The Grid', I didn't see any of the team bidding Cam fond farewells.
            Sam: (to bad guy) shoot him first he got us into this mess.
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
              When I saw the "new" opening for S9, I went into shock
              How could they justify putting BB first and show all these clips of a character no one knew yet or cared about.
              I have no idea how TPTB justified it to themselves or to the other actors, but I know that it ticked me off.

*Change Point*
              I've seen the SG1 Monday night promos and it just seems like they are towing the line, trying to hypnotise/convince us that it is a much better new show

Okay, now its time to get sick again
              Look on the bright side, if they are so desperate to pimp Season Nine, they probably know how wrong their expectation that it would be seen as amazing and that their changes would be loved by all.

There may be the slimmest of chances (a few trillion to one) that TPTB will see the falling ratings and recognize the grievances people have had with Season Nine and at least try to make some positive changes.

Comment

Sam: (to bad guy) shoot him first he got us into this mess.
                If only!

Sadly, Sam's too nice a person.

Comment

i do have to say, on the other side of the coin,i do like that we've gotten away from the whole 'sir' thing. that cam is her equal is good in that they can be friendlier

course, i do also think that could have been accomplished with major mitchell adn lt colonel sam
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Here's whats really funny, people at various websites are picking over the seeting arrangements for this picture:

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                      Here's whats really funny, people at various websites are picking over the seeting arrangements for this picture:
                      What are they saying??
                      -

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix

Well yeah, why would BB be sitting next to RDA?
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX
                          What are they saying??

Here's a link to OS:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/ourst...Reading+%3E%3E

Here's also a link to Sony:

http://boards.sonypictures.com/board...ad.php?t=23013

I posted to Sony, what I posted here in the news section.

Comment

the only thing i noticed - other than my childish enjoyment of cb not being front and center - is that ben looks so uncomfortable and almost defensive/insecure in his posture, while everyone else seems relaxed

ben's kinda got this crossarmed insecure thing going, while all the rest look comfortable and at ease
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

the only thing i noticed - other than my childish enjoyment of cb not being front and center - is that ben looks so uncomfortable and almost defensive/insecure in his posture, while everyone else seems relaxed

ben's kinda got this crossarmed insecure thing going, while all the rest look comfortable and at ease

But according to some of the posters at those other boards, the only one who looks relaxed is MS, and the others look tense or uncomfortable. Gee, I wonder who their favorite is?

NC

Comment

Probably because he knows he should be sitting at the end, and not with those who made the show successful!
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X