Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a difference between spoilers and TV-Comercial teasers? I always find that's a sticky issue and I put in space anyway b/c not everyone gets TV with the teaser commercials.

Comment

I respect this group, but as my friend Virtual CLD mentioned...don't the commercials spoil a fair amount as well? They even show what's going to happen!

Comment

The idea of a teaser is to tease you about that episode. You don't have to watch it
        __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
          I've been offered to join the ranks of the Spoiler Free Army!

Reading spoilers can be very annoying without a spoiler warning first. Normally, I read spoilers but not in all situations. Those people that include a spoiler warning are being considerate to those that do not want to read spoilers. No warning can be very annoying, even if you're intending on reading spoilers.

*my signature has a little message!*
          WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!!!!!

It just got a lot less lonely here

I think since you're the third official member, you can certainly be a half-ascended ancient goa'uld! Makes you very scary!

Basically, all your 'rank' entails (apart from putting a spoiler reminder in your sig...great work!) is reminding people about spoilers if they forget - even if you already knew about the spoiler before hand.

I normally put a general reminder in the thread and try not to single people out too much unless it is a major spoiler. Or I PM them. It's not like we're moderators or anything. We're just your average angry mo - I mean concerned posters.

I don't know whether our sigs and reminders have had anything to do with it, but I have definitely noticed an improvement lately. At least in the General folder. The Season 8 area is still a bit of mine field.

Most people are actually really good and I LOVE them for it. In fact, I might go start a thread thanking all the people for using spoiler space. Make a nice change from me posting about people *forgetting* to use it.

But again WELCOME and lots of *hugs*.

Hmm. A jaffa hugging Anubis.

Teal'c would be mortified.

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
            I respect this group, but as my friend Virtual CLD mentioned...don't the commercials spoil a fair amount as well? They even show what's going to happen!
            Yes you're quite right. They do spoil some of the episode, but not major plot details.

Also, not everybody gets to see them because they are in different parts of the world.

I don't have a problem with the teasers myself, but I guess it's more fun to watch them and go *oooh, ahhh, I wonder what that giant green blob is* than it is to have someone *tell* you there is a giant green blob and speculate (or worse, they actually know the answer) on who/what it is.

I think the ads do qualify as spoilers, but they don't rate at the top of the scale (for me).

Comment

Gimme a minnit! I just have to figure out which quote I'm going to axe from my sig as it's getting kind of long.
              Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
              O'Neill: Who doesn't?
              - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
              - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
              once done, cannot be undone...
              brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
                Gimme a minnit! I just have to figure out which quote I'm going to axe from my sig as it's getting kind of long.
                lol!

if you have to get rid of one....just don't get rid of the urgo one.

I LOVE that quote.

It is very profound

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
                  lol!

I LOVE that quote.

It is very profound
                  d'oh...well...okay...gimme another minnit then.

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."

Comment

d'oh...well...okay...gimme another minnit then.
                    Wooohooo!

Great job!

Welcome Welcome, again. Two new memebers in one day...There should be a cake!

I love your little 'action figures sold separately' bit hehe.

Hmm...now there's a marketing idea...

Talking action figures that say "Have you used spoiler space today???"

Comment

WOOT!!!

Our Cause is Worthy, Our Cause is Just!

Big huge welcomes to our new members!! Anthro - you need to come up with a rank! We're being really flexible about that kind of thing... so you could be ... ?? the silver spoon of the SFA if you wanted to! lol
                      Whatever.. make one.. incorporate it into your very funky sig. (that is if you want to )

Much love people,
                      much much love!

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
                        There is a difference between a tease and a spoil. Here's an example using a made-up episode.

Tease:
                        General Hammond is possessed by a Goa'uld and the SGC must find a way to remove it without killing him.

Spoil:
                        General Hammond is possessed by a Goa'uld and goes nuts in the SGC, killing Siler and The Chevron Guy. They try to remove it, but are unsuccessful and Hammond escapes through the gate. He kills Apophis and uses his army to attack the System Lords. The Furlings show up.

Aside from the fact that that is the worst episode ever, there is such a thing as too much information.

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
                          LOL...I axed it and then immediately regretted it. It pretty much sums up my life, anyway, so it's BACK!

Comment

LOL...I axed it and then immediately regretted it. It pretty much sums up my life, anyway, so it's BACK!
                            Well I'm glad it's back...it's one of my favourite quotes!

Although to apply it to my life, I should replace 'pie' with 'chocolate'
                            I am a certified chocoholic. Every time I get spoiled for an ep...I console myself with this wonderful confectionary.

So in the interests of my waistline, people really need to remember the spoiler space lol!

Comment

Urgo's statement would make a great bumper sticker...just by itself. No SG-1 credit or anything. Only the coolest of people would know.

Comment

Urgo's statement would make a great bumper sticker...just by itself. No SG-1 credit or anything. Only the coolest of people would know.
                                It's a very cool quote! Gotto love our Urgo. I'd like a bumper sticker with "I will punish you for your insolence!"

Actually, this isnt' stargate related, but Jafana and I are planning on getting matching T-shirts made with the following on the front (black shirt, white writing):

"I like my men fictional"

And a pic on the back of a stack of well-loved books, with some of our favourite titles on them.

We came up with this after another convo about how much bad luck we've had with the male species and why they can't be like O'Neill or Daniel...

We came to the conclusion that it's because all the loves of our lives are fictional characters and they have ruined us for all other men.

Comment

Working...
                                X