No announcement yet.

Any US Football fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heh. Yeah, I'm good now. Just awaiting my team to be drafted and league assignment, or so it says.

Comment

The draft ran, so here's what I ended up with:

Donovan McNabb - PHI/QB
      Torry Holt - STL/WR
      Randy Moss - NE/WR
      Jerricho Cotchery - NYJ/WR
      Steven Jackson - STL/RB
      Maurice Jones-Drew - JAC/RB
      Tony Gonzalez - KC/TE
      Jamal Lewis - CLE/RB
      D. J. Hackett - SEA/WR
      Benjamin Watson - NE/TE
      Jake Delhomme - CAR/QB
      Derrick Mason - BAL/WR
      Shayne Graham - CIN/K
      John Kasay - CAR/K
      Pittsburgh - DEF

I'm in RB heaven, though, beyond that there are a couple of questionable players... I guess, not bad, however.

Comment

Yeah, not bad at all. It's a decent team

Man, now I can't wait until thursday, regular season starts! Oh yeah! That and I really want to see how my fantasy team plays. I think I'm gonna loose this weekend though... I'm up against a team with Peyton Manning, Chad Johnson, Santana Moss and Clinton Portis. Pooo...

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

With the whole projected points thing, I'm actually favored to win my first game. Looks like there are some decent players on the opposing force, though: Tom Brady, Marques Colston, Deion Branch, Shaun Alexander... Here's to hoping that I get that victory.

I'm so bored, I'm thinking about getting another team going...

The only real problem that I can see with my current team is in WR's. Randy Moss is a big risk, and besides him, the only real force I have is Torry Holt. Hackett could be a good option for game 1, though, since he'd be going up against the Bucs. I'm almost thinking about ditching Mason and picking up a Charger WR in Malcolm Floyd (Who was looking like our best wide receiver last year before he got injured) or Craig Davis (Our shiny, new, and very speedy deep threat). At the moment, the key to my team is in the running game; not that I mind. Jackson and Drew were quite good last year.

Comment

Haha! You and me both! My WR lineup is nothing special. Trying to decide who I want in is like having to pick between the lesser of two evils...

You know what's funny about those projected points? They are never true... either the points are waaaay over the projected or they are waaaaaay under. At least for me anyhow, I've learned not to rely to steadily on them.

Another thing, just to keep in mind, is to watch your bye weeks. Looking at your team I don't think you'll have to much of a problem... But last year for me I ended up having multiple players from the same team(s) ... something I'm being more careful about this year. I had a bye week come around and I ended up with six players not playing, most being my starters !!! I had to scramble to pick up players fast to fill their spots (I didn't even have enough backups). Yeah... I lost pretty bad that week.

Comment

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
              Haha! You and me both! My WR lineup is nothing special. Trying to decide who I want in is like having to pick between the lesser of two evils...
              Just as long as they end up doing fairly well. I imagine I won't need anything amazing from them, so it shouldn't be too bad. I guess whoever ends up going up against the worst D is my guy for the week... My two running backs are probably going to rack up most of the points anyways, especially if last year was any indication of their skill.

Originally posted by idlewild202
              You know what's funny about those projected points? They are never true... either the points are waaaay over the projected or they are waaaaaay under. At least for me anyhow, I've learned not to rely to steadily on them.
              Darn. I enjoyed being the favorite. Then you had to go and crush my hopes.

Originally posted by idlewild
              Another thing, just to keep in mind, is to watch your bye weeks. Looking at your team I don't think you'll have to much of a problem... But last year for me I ended up having multiple players from the same team(s) ... something I'm being more careful about this year. I had a bye week come around and I ended up with six players not playing, most being my starters !!! I had to scramble to pick up players fast to fill their spots (I didn't even have enough backups). Yeah... I lost pretty bad that week.
              Yeah, I checked that out. I'm already trying to determine who's going to replace my Pittsburgh D. Suffice to say, the options aren't that impressive. My biggest week of hurt will be the Rams bye: losing both Steven Jackson and Torry Holt!

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos View Post
                Just as long as they end up doing fairly well. I imagine I won't need anything amazing from them, so it shouldn't be too bad. I guess whoever ends up going up against the worst D is my guy for the week... My two running backs are probably going to rack up most of the points anyways, especially if last year was any indication of their skill.
                Yeah, the rest of my team is fairly strong. I'm really happy with my QB and defense. Bummer the WR slots make up most of my rooster.
                Oh... lookie, Edgerrin James is a no drop/trade player. Hmm... he better play well, cuz I can't drop him if he doesn't!

Darn. I enjoyed being the favorite. Then you had to go and crush my hopes.
                Well, only if you want to look at it as the glass being half-empty.

Yeah, I checked that out. I'm already trying to determine who's going to replace my Pittsburgh D. Suffice to say, the options aren't that impressive. My biggest week of hurt will be the Rams bye: losing both Steven Jackson and Torry Holt!
                So you only got one defense on your team? You should have two... that's kinda weird.

Comment

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
                  Yeah, the rest of my team is fairly strong. I'm really happy with my QB and defense. Bummer the WR slots make up most of my rooster.
                  Oh... lookie, Edgerrin James is a no drop/trade player. Hmm... he better play well, cuz I can't drop him if he doesn't!
                  I'm extremely happy with my RB and TE situation. Other than that, I think I'm still decent in the other areas.

Originally posted by idlewild202
                  So you only got one defense on your team? You should have two... that's kinda weird.
                  I'm not the only one; couple others only have one too. That's not the problem, though. It's figuring out what team will take over for Pittsburgh for that week... Like I said, the list isn't great.

Comment

The regular season starts tomorrow! Granted, it's not the Chargers, but it'll do. The Colts and Saints squaring off looks to be a nice offensive battle.

Comment

The regular season starts tomorrow! Granted, it's not the Chargers, but it'll do. The Colts and Saints squaring off looks to be a nice offensive battle.
                      We'll be watching! My daughter is a huge Colts fan (well, a Payton Manning fan ) And of course my husband will watch anything with the word football in it!
                      sigpic
                      Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

A new thread opened up for fantasy football and since I've seen that several of you are players, I thought I'd post the link for you!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=46784
                        sigpic
                        Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                          We'll be watching! My daughter is a huge Colts fan (well, a Payton Manning fan ) And of course my husband will watch anything with the word football in it!
                          Yeah, I'll probably watch if I get the chance, though, I'll be cheering for the Saints. What? Drew Brees, former Charger.

Comment

Score!! The Colts have got to be my all time favorite team!!

Every year we throw a super bowl party at my house. So last year my dad make cupcakes so me and my sister got creative and made superbowl cupcakes. Each cupcake had a different letter on it, so we had Super Bowl and Go Colts and Go Bears. As the game wore on somebody came by and re-arranged the cupcakes to read "Poor Bears". LOL, it was really funny, everybody kept making new messages outa the cupcakes... that is until they all got eaten.

Comment

Because I have no life, I kinda made another fantasy football team. Here it is:

Marc Bulger - STL/QB
                              Marvin Harrison - IND/WR
                              Anquan Boldin - ARI/WR
                              Deion Branch - SEA/WR
                              Frank Gore - SF/RB
                              Brandon Jacobs - NYG/RB
                              Chris Cooley - WAS/TE
                              Jerious Norwood - ATL/RB
                              Philip Rivers - SD/QB
                              Donte Stallworth - NE/WR
                              Dallas Clark - IND/TE
                              Brandon Jones - TEN/WR
                              Shayne Graham - CIN/K
                              DEF - Dallas
                              DEF - Minnesota

Talk about "Lights Out"...

Comment

Hahaha, I think I've created a fanstasy monster...

Comment

Working...
                                X