Any US Football fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
    Woohoo! Regular season in one week! Go Cowboys!
    I hope Wade Phillips does as well for you as he did for the Chargers. He's a master of the 3-4 and half-time adjustments, so I imagine the Cowboys will do quite nicely on the defensive side of the ball. Good luck.

Originally posted by gater62
    Last night I was my school's high school game (I'm a teacher and avid supporter) and got to watch from the sidelines! It was an awesome view!
    I bet. Sounds like it was fun.

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
      Last night I was my school's high school game (I'm a teacher and avid supporter) and got to watch from the sidelines! It was an awesome view!
      I love high school football. Several of my friends played when I was a junior and senior and I went to alot of school games. That was always alot of fun to watch from the sidelines and hang with friends at the same time.

Now my little brother and the exchange student living with us are playing. So I'll be getting to go to a whole bunch of HS football games this year!! And... now that I'm in college, who knows, maybe I'll hit a few home games. Fun stuff

Speaking of going to football games.... I might be getting to go to the Denver Broncos/Kansas City Chiefs game in December!! I'm UBER excited about that possibility!!!

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
        Speaking of going to football games.... I might be getting to go to the Denver Broncos/Kansas City Chiefs game in December!! I'm UBER excited about that possibility!!!
        Very cool.

As for me, haven't actually been to any games, though, my father claims that if I get goods grades this year at college, he will obtain tickets so I can go to a Chargers game.

*Runs off to do some studying*

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos View Post
          Very cool.

As for me, haven't actually been to any games, though, my father claims that if I get goods grades this year at college, he will obtain tickets so I can go to a Chargers game.

*Runs off to do some studying*
          I went to the University of Dallas which is right next to Texas Stadium. We used to watch the Cowboys through the first half on TV and then during half time walk down the hill to the stadium. People who were leaving in the 3rd quarter would give us their tickets so we could get in to watch the rest of the game. If we got there late, the gates used to be opened during the 4th quarter and we could just walk in and find an empty seat. It was great to see the games live! (I have the autographs of Too Tall Jones and Charlie Waters-you all are probably too young to know them! lol)

I hope you will get to go to the live games! You will really enjoy it!
          sigpic
          Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Autographs, huh? Those I actually have. When I was but a youngster, I went to little football camps and had the players sign some of my stuff, though, that gear got left at home, so I can't even check to see whose I have. I think one of them might be Warren Sapp.

Comment

Score!! My fantasy league ran it's draft.

Here is my team

Offense
              Matt Hasselbeck - Sea/QB
              Andre Johnson - Hou/WR
              Chris Chambers - Mia/WR
              Anthony Gonzales - Ind/WR (might need to trade this guy)
              Reggie Bush - NO/RB (can we say OH YEAH )
              Edgerrin James - Ari/RB (another oh yeah)
              Chris Cooley - Was/TE
              Ladell Betts Was/RB
              Derrick Mason - Bal/WR
              Drew Carter - Car/WR
              Jason Campbell - Was/QB (anybody know how he plays?)
              Chris Baker - NYJ/TE

Speical Teams
              Olindo Mare - NO/K
              Mike Nugent - NYJ/K

Defense
              Philadelphia
              Detroit (me thinkey I'm a gonna want to trade here as well)

All in all it's a so-so team, a few stand out players. Looks like the same as last year (and I finished 10th last year).

My brother on the other hand got a kick a$$ team! Tony Romo, Javon Walker, Plaxico Burress, Joe Horn, Deuce McAllister, Rex Grossman, Adam Vinatieri, just to name a few. He won the leauge championship last year in fantasy, I was hoping to beat him this year... so much for that idea.

Comment

No LT? You lost.

As for Jason Campbell, he plays for the Redskins, with last year being his first year to start. He looked decent but he doesn't have a great supporting cast to make up for this being his first entire year of play, IMO... On the other hand, this is the NFC he plays in... Your call, though.

Anthony Gonazalez is probably going to be the fourth target for Manning. Look at who else he has: Harrison, Wayne...,

James? Oh yeah? Maybe if the Cardinals actually had an offensive line...

Get rid of Detroit. Now. You'd be better off with the Raiders. Did I really just say that?

Fantasy football, though. Something I've always wanted to try. No idea what to do or where to start...

Comment

I think I'll have to stick with Campbell, there arn't any other QBs available, it's all second string players. Not much of a choice there. Oh well, he'll only have to play for me for one week anyway when Seattle has their bye.

Is Gonzalez starting this year for Indy? He only got drafted this year which is one reason why I'm hesitant to keep him.

Detroit is gone... history, adios!
                  I picked up Indianapolis for defense. That makes me happy, I had Indy two years ago for defense and I got decent points off that.

Hmm... well, I guess I'll let it sit for now, see how everybody plays and then see what I want to do.

Fantasy is fun! I don't think it's too late to sign up. I can help ya out with how it works and what to do if you want!

Comment

I think I'll have to stick with Campbell, there arn't any other QBs available, it's all second string players. Not much of a choice there. Oh well, he'll only have to play for me for one week anyway when Seattle has their bye.
                    Well, I'm sure he'll have improved some from last year, so he should do somewhat well. Plus, it's the NFC, you don't have to be incredible there.

Originally posted by idlewild202
                    Is Gonzalez starting this year for Indy? He only got drafted this year which is one reason why I'm hesitant to keep him.
                    I'm sure he probably will get some playing time; the Colts tend to use three wideouts. I doubt they would have wasted a first rounder on him, if they didn't intend to at least get some use out of him. It's probably more a question of how well he will do in their system, and how many balls come his way. I think they were aiming for Craig Davis before the Chargers snatched him up.

Detroit is gone... history, adios!
                    Probably a good idea...What D?

Fantasy is fun! I don't think it's too late to sign up. I can help ya out with how it works and what to do if you want!
                    Really? Teach me o wise master.
                    What must I do?
                    Last edited by Oranos; 02 September 2007, 01:47 PM.

Comment

I've got tickets for the Dec 23 Seahawks game! Woo!! Now comes the fun part - telling my retail job that I'll be unavailable to work on the busiest shopping day of the year.

I play Fantasy, too! I don't have as good of a team as last year (last year I had Peyton Manning as my QB, and then picked up Tony Romo after week one to be my second QB. I was unbeatable!) but I've got a few big names - so long as no one gets hurt! The offense is a bit banged up at the moment, but hopefully should be close to full health by week one.

Donovan McNabb (QB)
                      Torry Holt (WR)
                      Deion Branch (WR)
                      Shaun Alexander (RB)
                      Deuce McAllister (RB)
                      Todd Heap (TE)
                      Edgerrin James (RB)
                      Kevin Curtis (WR)
                      Jay Cutler (QB)
                      Ronald Curry (WR)
                      DeAngelo Williams (RB)
                      L.J. Smith (TE)

Jason Hanson (K)
                      Adam Vinatieri (K)

Chicago (DEF)
                      Carolina (DEF)

Marcus Trufant (DB)
                      Marc Simoneau (DL)
                      "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                      My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

So, while I await idlewild202's sage advice, I must ask this: where did everyone sign up to play their fantasy football?

Comment

I've been playing at Yahoo for six years now, and love it!
                          "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                          My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

I play on Yahoo Fantasy sports. All you need is a yahoo ID. Then, I would guess you go to find a league and join that. I play in a private league my dad's friend puts on.

Anyway, I'm going to assume you don't know squat about fantasy and just explain how it all works.

When you sign up with a fantasy league you get to pick a team name, etc. Then you get to draft your team. It's just an auto thingy that will assign you players like a real NFL draft.

Then, you will have a game against another player/team in your league. You get points by how well the players you have play in real life. If your QB throws for a touchdown you get 6 points, if they throw for so many yards you get so many points. Same for RB and WR and TE, touchdowns are big points, lots of yardage, big points. For your defense if they get sacks or fumble recoveries or interceptions you get points.

So, really it's rather simple. Whoever gets the most points from their players win. You just need to have a good knowledge of the teams and players and watch who is playing who and when, etc.

I can't think of much else... like I said, it's really rather simple. And alot of fun!

Comment

Thanks very much for the info idlewild202. Looks easy enough; as much as I would want to draft my own team (looks like they have that option), I just don't think I would have the time for that, so that auto thing it is. Time to get me an account. Check back depending upon how things go.

EDIT: Need a team name.
                              Last edited by Oranos; 02 September 2007, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos View Post
                                Thanks very much for the info idlewild202. Looks easy enough; as much as I would want to draft my own team (looks like they have that option), I just don't think I would have the time for that, so that auto thing it is. Time to get me an account. Check back depending upon how things go.

EDIT: Need a team name.
                                Hmmm.... in the league I play in, it's called the New Testament league, we all have teams that have a new testament/biblical town then whatever we want for a mascot. Like I'm the Tarsus Titans, there is the Ephesian Saints, the Jericho Prophets, etc.

You could do your home down and then... I dunno, something your town, or your favorite animal or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X