No announcement yet.

Any US Football fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I would have been better off not picking this week.

I forgot this was the last week and the teams in the playoffs are resting their starters. I'm half watching the Pittsburgh/Baltimore game and it seems like Pittsburgh quit before the game started.
    sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
      I forgot this was the last week and the teams in the playoffs are resting their starters. I'm half watching the Pittsburgh/Baltimore game and it seems like Pittsburgh quit before the game started.
      Me to... I wasn't thinking about that.
      Though... almost everybody picked the same so I think we're still good

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Ha! Don't pick the Texans, and they go on and stomp the Jags.

Bah. My Miami pick didn't pan out..... And knew I should have picked the Redskins. Stupid Dallas....
        IMO always implied.

Comment

I'm so disgusted. All these teams resting their players so it really threw me off! (Well, maybe not, but it's nice to think so)

I am so upset with Dallas! They'd better not look like this in a couple of weeks.
          sigpic
          Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
            I am so upset with Dallas! They'd better not look like this in a couple of weeks.
            The Redskins were fighting for their playoff lives ... Dallas didn't really need the game. Does that help?

On that note, Chargers clinch 3rd seed, matchup against the Titans (Round 2), after a 30-17 Raider defeat. I would also like to establish that all Charger linebackers are BEASTS. Today, rookie Jyles Tucker, recently signed from the practice squad had 3 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, and a TD? That's what I'm talking about. Stud. 'Nough said.

Cottrell, I praised you for your actions, but will you stay away from the prevent (absolutely squat) defense? You let a rookie QB tear us apart for about 185 flipping yards. Unacceptable. Granted, the first two quarters of play was like 12 yards and an interception, but using prevent against the Patriots or some such will get us killed.

Comment

Hmmm.... looking at the playoff schedule. I'm pretty positive San Diego will beat the Titans. That is going to lead to a VERY interesting matchup between Indianapolis and San Diego. In a way, I don't think it will matter who wins, both I think have an equal chance of knocking off the Pats in the conference championship. 'Course... I'd like the Colts to win

Comment

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
                Hmmm.... looking at the playoff schedule. I'm pretty positive San Diego will beat the Titans. That is going to lead to a VERY interesting matchup between Indianapolis and San Diego. In a way, I don't think it will matter who wins, both I think have an equal chance of knocking off the Pats in the conference championship. 'Course... I'd like the Colts to win
                You presume to think Jacksonville won't own the Patriots first.

San Diego owns an inexperienced Titans team. Then the Colts, who we've owned the past couple of years. I like our odds there. Should be interesting, though, I wonder if Manning stays away from Cromartie this time round?

Personally, I think the Chargers have a better chance than Indianapolis to beat the Patriots. Better run game, able to stop the run. Jacksonville is good at this too, so I like there chances. Almost enough to make your head spin. I love this time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos View Post
                  You presume to think Jacksonville won't own the Patriots first.
                  I would take that too Gives whoever wins the Colts/Chargers matchup a better chance of making the Super Bowl.

I love this time of year.
                  I do too!! Oh... I need to scan a comic we have on our fridge for ya'll, just cuz it's THAT time of year again

Comment

I would take that too Gives whoever wins the Colts/Chargers matchup a better chance of making the Super Bowl.
                    No. Not really. Jacksonville isn't exactly a pushover. Darn fine run game, very impressive defense. Not exactly a lot of big play ability, but that doesn't make them any less dangerous.

Comment

No. Not really. Jacksonville isn't exactly a pushover. Darn fine run game, very impressive defense. Not exactly a lot of big play ability, but that doesn't make them any less dangerous.
                      Oh stop bursting my bubble

I'd be a little less nervous if Indy was playing Jacksonville instead of NE.

Comment

Oh stop bursting my bubble
                        What can I say? It's fun.

Comment

Take that stupid BCS bowl pics!

Missouri dominated!!!! 38-7 Woo hoo!!!!

Tony Temple sets Cotton Bowl records 281 yds rushing - 4 TDs!!!
                          sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                            Take that stupid BCS bowl pics!

Missouri dominated!!!! 38-7 Woo hoo!!!!

Tony Temple sets Cotton Bowl records 281 yds rushing - 4 TDs!!!
                            How did I know that Arkansas would be the first of the SEC to fall? Oh well, still 5-1 in bowl games thus far. Florida needs to stop slacking, though. They look terrible to this point.

Congrats to Missouri.

Comment

Woohoo! Go Tennessee!
                              sigpic
                              Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

I was talking to my Dad on the phone and he said something I just had to post here.

Since Arkansas beat LSU, and Missouri beat Arkansas, that makes Missouri better than LSU.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X