No announcement yet.

Any US Football fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hear you, walterIsTheMan. It seems this season just started!

Comment

Bengals stink, they are an aweful aweful team. They should forfet the playoffs and save on some injuries and try again next year. They are freaking terrible. And Carson, why should he ever play another game. He got a 30 million dollar bonus today... he should just retire.... looks like he has anyway.

They stink.
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO The Ravens lost, and we had the lead too.

Comment

Shaun got his records... bring on the post-season!

Any word on what happened to Favre? That really sucks that he couldn't pass on his last drive because of that shoulder.
          "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
          My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten

Any word on what happened to Favre? That really sucks that he couldn't pass on his last drive because of that shoulder.
            Farve got injured? This is unacceptable. Just not as unacceptable as the chargers getting eliminated from the playoffs and scoring 14 points in their last two games combined.

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos
              Farve got injured? This is unacceptable. Just not as unacceptable as the chargers getting eliminated from the playoffs and scoring 14 points in their last two games combined.
              Yeah, it looked like he did something to his right arm while throwing a pass. He was holding it and grimacing, but the game was more or less over by that point (GB had the luxury of running the clock down) so he stayed in and just handed off the ball.

Comment

Yeah, it looked like he did something to his right arm while throwing a pass. He was holding it and grimacing, but the game was more or less over by that point (GB had the luxury of running the clock down) so he stayed in and just handed off the ball.
                Well, at least Green Bay won. They do deserve the win after all. Hope Farve is ok too.

Comment

What's up fellow football freaks? Just got back from the Pats-Dolphins game a short while ago! Okay, they lost. But I had so much freakin fun! Got to the stadium four hours before the game. Tailgated for about three before, tailgated for about two after. Drank so much beer I can't remember how many bottles/cans/cups. And I apparently purchased a few souvenirs I don't remember buying. Also, I still haven't washed off my red/blue/silver face paint. And it was no more than twenty five degrees out the whole time. Haha, life is good!

Comment

Alright, Washington won so we now have a complete picture of the what the playoffs will look like:

Wild Card Weekend

Saturday, January 7
                    (6)Washington (10-6) at (3)Tampa Bay (11-5)
                    (5)Jacksonville (11-4) at (4)New England (10-6)

Sunday, January 8
                    (5)Carolina (11-5) at (4)N.Y. Giants (11-5)
                    (6)Pittsburgh (11-5) at (3)Cincinnati (11-5)

Divisional Weekend (Jan 14th and 15th)

Highest remaining NFC Seed at (2)Chicago (11-5)
                    Lowest remaining NFC Seed at (1)Seattle (13-3)

Highest remaining AFC Seed at (2)Denver (13-3)
                    Lowest remaining AFC Seed at (1)Indy (14-2)

Comment

Yay! The Texans lost today in OT. The fight for the 1st draft pick is secure.

Seems Coach Capers might get the boot as well. Hopefully we can discard this logo next year….

Matt Forge - LoneStarTimes.com
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

Well, now that my rabid enthusiasm from earlier has died down somewhat. A few comments on week 17. Congrats to Shaun Alexander for setting a new record. The man is amazing. Also nice to see Favre come away with a win against such a great team in what might be his last game. It would have been a shame to see him go out on another bad loss. Flutie's drop kick? Awesome! Especially since I was there to see it in person. Colts beat the Cardinals, big shock there.

Oh and the playoffs schedule! I'm glad to see we're playing the Jags at Gillette next Saturday night. It's going be a cold one up here too. We're expecting a snow storm the next couple days so that might be a factor...I'm not sure how that game will play out. Brady pretty much rested yesterday so at least he'll be a bit fresher.

The Steelers/Bengals game should be a good match up. I'm tempted to say the Steelers will roll over the Bengals, but Cinncy took care of Pittsburgh earlier in the season. Not sure what the stats are like right now. I'm a bit out of it what with holidays and all. Gotta catch up on my Sportscenter and NFL Monday Quarterback!

Comment

Originally posted by Vee
                          Flutie's drop kick? Awesome! Especially since I was there to see it in person.
                          Has a video of that popped up anywhere? I missed it, and only just now heard about it over at Fark!

Comment

Has a video of that popped up anywhere? I missed it, and only just now heard about it over at Fark!
                            I haven't seen any videos of it online yet. But it might make it on the Pat's homepage or ESPN. I don't know if you watch Sportscenter or any of the NFL programs on ESPN but they've shown it quite a few times in the highlights. If you get a chance, you could catch it on there. It really was nice to see something like that! I was really surprised when he came on the field and was going to be kicking. None of us could figure out what was going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Vee
                              What's up fellow football freaks? Just got back from the Pats-Dolphins game a short while ago! Okay, they lost. But I had so much freakin fun! Got to the stadium four hours before the game. Tailgated for about three before, tailgated for about two after. Drank so much beer I can't remember how many bottles/cans/cups. And I apparently purchased a few souvenirs I don't remember buying. Also, I still haven't washed off my red/blue/silver face paint. And it was no more than twenty five degrees out the whole time. Haha, life is good!
                              Hahahaha.

Everyone around here wanted the Bengals to tank the game with the Chiefs (as if they had a choice) so that the Bengals could play Jacksonville instead of Pitt. I said it didnt matter because NE would tank their game against Miami so that THEY could play Jacksonville..... I know NE didnt "officially" tank it, but they didnt go all out to win either... Therefore I remain correct and knower of all things football.

I also predected that the Chiefs would pound the bengals whether they tried or not.... And although I am a Bengals fan (and thus dislike Pitt) I will now predect that Pitt will reprise thier role of a nanny spanking the bengals butts next week. A) Bengals cant play at home this year for some reason and B)they still are a defensive line and some offensive consistancy away from being an actual contender.

Next year I will hope the Bengals will actually be good enough for me to have some confidence in. This year was a marked improvement from the past, but if you watched their games you know they are not yet a good football team.

Anyway. Heres a big WHO DEY for next year!!!
                              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                                I said it didnt matter because NE would tank their game against Miami so that THEY could play Jacksonville..... I know NE didnt "officially" tank it, but they didnt go all out to win either... Therefore I remain correct and knower of all things football.
                                We didn't tank the game. Belichick would never ever in a billion tears tank a game. Give it a rest. I don't want to have this argument here because I had it with far too many people already. But Brady needed a day off. And considering it was Miami's first string playing our third string, I'd say we did pretty well losing the game by only two points. This could be analyzed to death, especially that last play by Cassel. But again, I'm not going through this again. I'm sorry they lost, but as it was a meaningless game it doesn't really matter.

Comment

Working...
                                X