Any US Football fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AGateFan
    I also predected that the Chiefs would pound the bengals whether they tried or not.... And although I am a Bengals fan (and thus dislike Pitt) I will now predect that Pitt will reprise thier role of a nanny spanking the bengals butts next week. A) Bengals cant play at home this year for some reason and B)they still are a defensive line and some offensive consistancy away from being an actual contender.
    Anyway. Heres a big WHO DEY for next year!!!
    Anyone could have predicted the chiefs would win and be right. They were going to give it their all and win for their coach since he is retiring.

Comment

Originally posted by Vee
      We didn't tank the game. Belichick would never ever in a billion tears tank a game. Give it a rest. I don't want to have this argument here because I had it with far too many people already. But Brady needed a day off. And considering it was Miami's first string playing our third string, I'd say we did pretty well losing the game by only two points. This could be analyzed to death, especially that last play by Cassel. But again, I'm not going through this again. I'm sorry they lost, but as it was a meaningless game it doesn't really matter.
      For the record I dont think the Pats "tanked" the game, as in losing it on purpose. I dont think any NFL team would do that and would be fined heavely for doing so. However as it was a meaningless game, and the Pats got a scare last week with an injury to Bruschi, no reason to play anyone that matters. Therefore the Pats would lose.

Originally posted by Oranos
      Anyone could have predicted the chiefs would win and be right. They were going to give it their all and win for their coach since he is retiring.
      Anyone could have predicted the Chiefs would win after watching the Bengals play Buffalo, Cleveland at home, Green Bay at home, Texans at home, Pittsburgh at home. Bengals are not yet a good football team. A better football team with a future, sure, but not truley a good team this year. KC is a good football team.

Bengals are too busy basking in the glow of the locals who think they are the best thing since sliced bread (we are so starved for a winner). KC is focused and ready to play hoping Pitt could lose to Det or at the very least they were going to prove that they should have been in the playoffs. KC was p'd they missed thier opportunties. While the Bengals already made thier version of the "chicago shuffle" (Once the players start doing rap videos it seems its the kiss of death). Too much overconfidence, too much focus on non-football related items. Maybe next year when they have matured a bit (if they mature).... Maybe if we get an actual defensive line that can do more then hold ground on pass plays. Maybe next year if we get both our starting safetys back (we got two second stringers in there now). Maybe next year Carson will have gotten board spending his 118 Million dollars. Maybe then they will be a good football team.
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Any actual predictions for Week 1 or Super Bowl winners?

Comment

Hmmm week 1 AFC is easy, NFC notsomuch.
          I will go with:

Washington
          New England
          Carolina (or is this just my hope, I dont want TV exects to start the manning vs manning crp)
          Pitt (though I hope not)

Superbowl:
          NE vs Seattle
          Seattle (and our local Cincinnati product Shawn Alexander)
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Grrr someone needs to teach that fish Kelly how to kick a fg

Comment

What the hell is going on with these missed field goals? No wonder it's in third overtime. This is turning into the longest game ever...

Comment

Finally! I thought it would never end.

Comment

Originally posted by Vee
                  Finally! I thought it would never end.
                  I guess someone smacked some sense into him lol.

Comment

Week 1 Play-off pics

Washington
                    Jacksonville
                    Carolina
                    Pittsburgh
                    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                      Week 1 Play-off pics

Washington
                      Jacksonville
                      Carolina
                      Pittsburgh
                      You guys have got to be kidding me.

Tampa Bay is at the top of their game and Washington is looking like a MASH unite! Also, Tampa is coming off a big win (They beat NO at home for the first time since the NFC South was created) and they have home field advantage! The last time Washington faced Tampa, Simms had a rating of 119 and he is current more confident than he was during that game! The odds are against Washington at this time!

Comment

Bucs
                        New England
                        Pittsburg
                        Giants

Comment

Hey! Look what I found:

NFC Grid

AFC Grid

Comment

just found this thread and only stoped by to answer your question

yes , I`m , although I don `t see that much of it here on the tv.
                            It`s only on pay per view and I watch on the comp

my favorite is New England ( as a team )

for some years now and I don `t think that this will change .

see ya .......

... *KJ who is lost in green * ...

Comment

Originally posted by svala
                              my favorite is New England ( as a team )

for some years now and I don `t think that this will change .

see ya .......
                              Hell yeah! Go New England!

Anyone else watching the Rose Bowl?

Comment

Originally posted by BigGator5
                                You guys have got to be kidding me.

Tampa Bay is at the top of their game and Washington is looking like a MASH unite! Also, Tampa is coming off a big win (They beat NO at home for the first time since the NFC South was created) and they have home field advantage! The last time Washington faced Tampa, Simms had a rating of 119 and he is current more confident than he was during that game! The odds are against Washington at this time!
                                Im pretty confident that beating NO anywhere this year is not that big a deal. But hey if beating a bad team is big to you then that’s great. I think TB is a good team but Wash appears pretty hot right now so I had to go with them.

Oh yeah and GO TEXAS.... yeah!!! Take that you annoyingly arrogant USC fans. This is why all fans should be humble and not arrogant clowns.

Comment

Working...
                                X