Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you think that you would be on GW for this long?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qasim
    It was originally called Starguide and the forum was hosted on delphi - http://www.delphiforums.com/ then the site was renamed to gateworld and a vB forum was made
    I see, when did this happen?

This site is very well done BTW.

srg
    srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

The forums have been up since last may...I'm not sure when it became gateworld
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I've been here for a year now I think?! How time flies I hardly post anymore though cos I don't have alot of free time...I'll try to come on here more often

I was a member at the delphi forum aswell. Under a different name though. And as I recall I only ever had 2 posts

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
          The forums have been up since last may...I'm not sure when it became gateworld
          I think it switched over to Gateworld sometime in the early part of 2002.
          sigpic

Comment

I was a lurker for sometime, can't remember for how long before signing up. What attracted me to do so were the cool discussions on Stargate Atlantis and some of the threads that were there just for a laugh, I thought they were so funny, I wanted to join in the fun. I really wanted to start posting the mo I signed up but couldn't as I wasn't sent the activition email. After I think it was after a wk I sent a message to someone at gateworld and explained the problem and later that day I got my account activated without an email and been posting non stop ever since. I think I thought I would use this forum for sometime, but not as much as I do! I'm addicted!!! It gets in the way of my studies all the time.
            sigpic

Comment

Well, I don't often start posting on message boards expecting to have to run screaming from them at any point but the Gateworld(originally Starguide) crew has generally proven to be the classiest one of the bunch,it was probably the first time I could really claim friends on both sides of the Atlantic and both sides of the Channel, led to me doing conventions etc etc. It's certainly affected me more than I expected it to coming in...but in a good way.

Yes, you're not supposed to care about people who are on the other side of an Internet connection, but then again, I can't remember the last time I considered myself Joe Average.
              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
                Well, I don't often start posting on message boards expecting to have to run screaming from them at any point but the Gateworld(originally Starguide) crew has generally proven to be the classiest one of the bunch,it was probably the first time I could really claim friends on both sides of the Atlantic and both sides of the Channel, led to me doing conventions etc etc. It's certainly affected me more than I expected it to coming in...but in a good way.

Yes, you're not supposed to care about people who are on the other side of an Internet connection, but then again, I can't remember the last time I considered myself Joe Average.
                Love you to Matt

Comment

I spend way too much time here. For instance, its 4AM. I'm going to bed now.
                  The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

Working...
                  X