Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you think that you would be on GW for this long?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, only been here about two months. Been at gaters since Dec 2001 though.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

I never thought I'd have so much to say. My memory sucks so I don't even remember how I found the site or why I was compelled to join. I'm addicted though so I'll be here a while.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Well I've only been on here a few days and all I can say is that this is the most fun forum I've ever been on, so I'll be here for as long as it's arround. I'm hooked already.

Wonderful stuff!

srg
        srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Nope. Never thought when I signed up on the old Starguide forum in February of 2001 that I would be here this long.

I found Starguide because I was really, really getting into S4 and was looking for others who were as obsessed as I was. Now, I'm not quite as obsessed but I'm still here.
          sigpic

Comment

Kat weren't you a member of Starguide before it got to Delphi? I always thought you were.

I first lurked on the forum when it was on a list format type thing, before it was on Delphi, and it seemed like there were five members who knew each other so well I was far too scared to post. When I came back it was on Delphi, and I still continued to lurk and read these incredibly fun conversations there were going on, mostly to do with something called a CKK and Clangers. Then Delphi ate my login, and I had to create a new one, so my official joining date was Feb 2001.

I was so scared the first time I posted - I expected to be told to get out or something like that! But everyone was so friendly, and we had such a blast that I'm still friends with those original guys even though most of them don't post here anymore.

Then came Sept 11th. It was here on the forum that I found the support I needed that day. And the people I bonded with then I'm still friends with today.

And here I still am! Wow, it's been around five years in total. Can't believe it!
            sigpic

Comment

All this kinda foes with this song Im listening too Anway, when I signed up, I had been menaing too for some time but never got around to it anyway, this is the longest and most dedicated I have been to any forum, with an average of around 200 posts and then nothing!

Comment

I used to post at SciFi's forums, but they were and still are terrible. I used to always see ShadowMaat and Nolamom talk about Gateworld, so I stumbled over here.

I lurked for ages and ages because I don't post often due to mountains of school work, and I didn't want to join if I couldn't post at least somewhat regularly.

I finally gave in when I kept wanting to join in all of the cool conversations and have been talking steadily ever since. I may have to slow my posts down soon as I have two HUGE research projects that have just been assigned, but I'll survive to come back and talk with everyone.
                "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

I was a member of the old Delphi Forums like MartoufMarty was. I use to post there quite a lot then when Gateworld became bigger and this forum opened I just never registered to post.

I use to view people's posts and topics etc, but I was always on other forums posting. Then I stopped going onto some of the other forums and once Atlantis started up I signed up here and got posting.

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                    Kat weren't you a member of Starguide before it got to Delphi? I always thought you were.!
                    Nope. It had just recently switched to Delphi when I joined up.

The first post I remember making was an OT one, of course. 8) It was to MC regarding "what kind of music do you like". Like you I was absolutely terrified to make that first post. But MC came back with such a nice reply, and with the same taste in music no less, that I started responding back and pretty soon I was hooked.

I think Sept 11 was definitely a bonding experience. Being on the forum, talking with others, was such a wonderful outlet and the people I bonded with then, I'm still with today too.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma
                      I used to post at SciFi's forums, but they were and still are terrible. I used to always see ShadowMaat and Nolamom talk about Gateworld, so I stumbled over here.

I lurked for ages and ages because I don't post often due to mountains of school work, and I didn't want to join if I couldn't post at least somewhat regularly.

I finally gave in when I kept wanting to join in all of the cool conversations and have been talking steadily ever since. I may have to slow my posts down soon as I have two HUGE research projects that have just been assigned, but I'll survive to come back and talk with everyone.
                      me too and they are terrible. In fact, now that you remind me that's how I came to be here. There was an interesting topic on the scifi forums that I wanted to respond to but it wouldn't let me post even though I was a member. So I came here instead and have been here ever since.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                        Then came Sept 11th. It was here on the forum that I found the support I needed that day. And the people I bonded with then I'm still friends with today.
                        9/11 was also an important day for me in GW/starguide.

I'd found the website by accident looking for information on when the next season would come on TV. That must have been at the end of S4 in 2001.

Then I ended up checking Starguide forum for opinions on the ep's shown.

Then 9/11..... I'd noticed that a few members were from the New York area. i wanted to see what the reaction was on the forum. WOW! that thread blew me away! There was so much emotion and love on that thread.

So even though I was still lurking I think i grew close to the group then.

Then I noticed the WOLFSG4 thread and ended up booking 2 tickets!

On the message board at the con I noticed the names I recognised from the forum. But I still did not iD myself...

Then after the con I joined. It was at the time you were made a mod Gipsy .

And I've been around ever since! After a false start I gave myself the name "MAL" and I think it would be very strange to hear my net friends using my real name. I'm Mal.

Comment

I was one of these people that avoided forums and chat rooms like the plague. But I logged on to GW everyday for the latest Stargate news. On a whim one day I went into the forum...browsed for a bit and then started posting...immediately locked horns with some folk but stayed the course!
                          sigpic
                          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

i used to TRY to post on the Stargatesg-1.com forums and that was hard cause they have to read the post before you post it after that i went looking for some place else. I found GW when i first signed up i wasn't able to post much cause i was still finishing school i really just started to post more in August
                            Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                            sigpic

Comment

I've loved stargate since the movie came out, well since it was first shown on UK terrestial TV. I've been watching Stargate SG-1 since channel 4 started showing it in about 1998 but this is the first time I've really looked at websites and now forums about it, I've missed out.

What names has this site has though the years?
                              srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Originally posted by srg
                                What names has this site has though the years?
                                It was originally called Starguide and the forum was hosted on delphi - http://www.delphiforums.com/ then the site was renamed to gateworld and a vB forum was made
                                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X