No announcement yet.

Calling all Scots!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edinburgh Castle is great, but it's rather expensive for entry.
    I would suggest going to the National Museum of Scotland. It's free, there's tons to see and do, and it has an exhibition about computer games on at the moment.
    If they have young kids, then Gorgie City Farm is a good place to go, and it's free.
    Another great place that's free is the Museum of Childhood.

If it's a nice day you could walk up Calton Hill or Arthur's Seat.

There's lots to see and do, and all for free.
    sigpic

Comment

I was in the NMS for a wee while year before last while I was in Edinburgh for stuff at the Book Festival.

Had a nice coffee and a raspberry Danish in the café. And my two wee friends here had a caramel wafer each.

sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I bet I know where that raspberry danish came from too. The bakery I work for supplies some of the products to the NMS. Last year they got some danish from us, raspberry is one of the flavours we do.
        sigpic

Comment

Mmm...danish pastries...I couldn't work in a bakery, I'd end up like this guy:

Well I went to my first ever Gaelic lesson today and had a great time
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post

Well I went to my first ever Gaelic lesson today and had a great time
            Cool, I've been learning Gaelic for eight years now!
            sigpic

Comment

It's so tough when they try new things and bring it to the office for me to sample....
              sigpic

Comment

Chris Judge (Teal'c) announced as a guest for Collectormania Glasgow.
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Why is it in August?! It's the busiest time of year at work and no holidays allowed. I work on a Sunday so could only do the Saturday. Is there anyway of finding out what day Christopher Judge will be there?

And why couldn't it be in Edinburgh?! Rant over....for now
                  sigpic

Comment

According to the website, he'll be there both days.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm so excited!! Hardly met anyone from SG-1 and Chris always seems like great fun at these things

I don't know why they hold it in August tbh...I know they can't in the winter because of the hockey...In saying that I think they'd be better holding it at the SECC like Comic Con or the old Memorabilia fairs.
                      sigpic
                      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Well, this is just me expressing a personal opinion, I think the reason Showmasters get the Braehead Arena for Collectormania is that they get it cheap on the August Bank Holiday weekend.

Speaking as someone who has to rely on public transport, getting to and from Braehead can be a bit of a nightmare.
                        sigpic

Comment

Oh dear, I rely on public trasport too as I don't drive. That's another negative for going
                          sigpic

Comment

Coming from Edinburgh, you'd have no trouble getting there.

Walk from Queen Street Station up to Buchanan Bus Station, and there's eight different buses you could get that'll take you to Braehead in around half an hour or so.
                            sigpic

Comment

I say that it should be switched to Edinburgh and Teryl Rothery should go too!
                              sigpic

Comment

But is there anywhere in central Edinburgh big enough to hold an event the size of Collectormania?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X