• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
    They were scared to take a chance.
    so you acknowledge it was a risk then?

Comment

If Scotland wants to get its choice into Westminster, we need to start working with all of the disgruntled "minority" electorates I.e. NI, Wales and Northern England. It's only when we start realising that we have common problems and a common goal that we will get anywhere. The South-East English electorate does not out number ALL of the Celtic nations and the North, Midlands and the South West.

Also continuing the pressure for decentralised, devolved powers across the UK is more important now than ever. Let's face it, if Cameron goes back on his word now, not only will he lose face in front of the rest of the world for being a liar, but Scotland will demand another indyref and then England, Wales and NI will follow suit and the result will be a resounding yes. The indyref has lit a fire under UK politics and long may it continue.

The times they are a-changing, now isn't the time to concede defeat but fight for devo max and a fairer system.
      Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

When will this thread go from the "Annoying political thread that i have somehow found myself subscribed too" back to "Calling all Scots"?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JosephGracey View Post
          When will this thread go from the "Annoying political thread that i have somehow found myself subscribed too" back to "Calling all Scots"?
          Feel free to change the subject of discussion to a topic of your choosing

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
            If Scotland wants to get its choice into Westminster [...]
            Originally posted by JosephGracey View Post

Comment

What Scotland needs (said he, jokingly), is a good old Civil War.

The Scots, the Welsh, the Irish, and basically anyone and everyone who's fed up with Westminster banding together to kick arse and take names.
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                The Scots, the Welsh, the Irish, and basically anyone and everyone who's fed up with Westminster banding together
                who will lead?

Comment

I think people are a bit late to the party. Federalization of the entire country is already on the agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                    who will lead?
                    Billy Connolly?
                    sigpic
                    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

What Scotland needs (said he, jokingly), is a good old Civil War.

The Scots, the Welsh, the Irish, and basically anyone and everyone who's fed up with Westminster banding together to kick arse and take names.
                      Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                      who will lead?
                      Billy Connolly?
                      I've been jumping up and down saying this for MONTHS! Austerity, political bias and being ignored isn't just a Scottish problem, it's the problem of everyone in the UK who isn't a rich aristocrat born into privilege.

I'd vote for a team of Billy Connolly, Pamela Stephenson & Kevin Bridges! Wonder if we could also get Ewan McGregor to stop focusing on raising money for poor kids in Africa and make him remember that 1 in 5 kids in his native country lives in poverty? It's easy for the rich kid from Perth to wax lyrical on poverty overseas. How about the people down the road from where you grew up?

Comment

It's just one of those things that annoys the hell out of me - every time there are defence cuts, it always seems to be the historic Scottish infantry regiments that get it in the neck.

Why don't those daft looking buggers who sit on the horses outside the Queen's house ever get amalgamated with another unit?

Surely a Chieftain tank is more of a deterrent to a would-be terrorist than a guy on a horse?
                        sigpic

Comment

It's just one of those things that annoys the hell out of me - every time there are defence cuts, it always seems to be the historic Scottish infantry regiments that get it in the neck.

Why don't those daft looking buggers who sit on the horses outside the Queen's house ever get amalgamated with another unit?

Surely a Chieftain tank is more of a deterrent to a would-be terrorist than a guy on a horse?
                          It's very short-sighted of the Queen, really. I mean if she has no Scottish infantry who will look after her when the terrorists invade Buckingham Palace and she retreats up to Balmoral? ;p

Seriously though, 70% of the SAS (arguably THE best special ops team in the World - who train the US special forces btw) are Scottish. Who will replace them when we have no Scottish regiments left?

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
                            It's very short-sighted of the Queen, really. I mean if she has no Scottish infantry who will look after her when the terrorists invade Buckingham Palace and she retreats up to Balmoral? ;p

Seriously though, 70% of the SAS (arguably THE best special ops team in the World - who train the US special forces btw) are Scottish. Who will replace them when we have no Scottish regiments left?
                            Someone is a little arrogant
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

^ would know it when sees it.
                              I like Sharky
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
                                70% of the SAS [...] are Scottish.
                                you suggesting the scots are genetically superior to the english? ^_^
                                Last edited by SoulReaver; 23 September 2014, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X