Real SG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real SG

SG was the first thing that came to mind and this makes me think it served as a primer. SG type Drones? Cloaking? DEWs? Dig a little and you'll discover it has more applications that line up with the show. Does this make Wormhole X-Treme! ultra meta???

https://patentimages.storage.googlea.../US9502202.pdf

P2.png P1.png

I thought gates created an EPR bridge using what Arthur C. Clarke would call technology so advanced as to indistinguishable from magic? I don't think the patent is in any obvious way connected to wormholes.

A laser is an optical resonator, a kind of guitar or violin, but for light instead of sound waves.

The patent seems to be talking about a making, err, something analogous to a laser but with material particles doing the "lasing" instead of photons (massless things never going slower than light most famous for comprising light). Long ago, Louis de Broglie showed that matter has wavelike properties just like light. As you might wonder, though, baseball wavelengths are much smaller than electron wavelengths--if I recall mass in the denominator of the equation-- which is why it took until the 20th century for anyone even to suspect such things let alone dream up neat applications like the electron microscope. A matter laser doesn't sound impossible...but it's not a wormhole.

Comment

Working...
    X