Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just moving this thread to the Off Topic folder because it's not really a general discussion about Stargate.

Feli
    GateWorld Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
      Yay for all of us!

If one of us Aussies wins, we have to post the experience here at Gateworld - or even see if Darren wants to host a write-up about it.

It WILL be someone from this forum. I can feel it in my nintendos....

But it's out of our hands now...the competition was drawn today.

So anyway, don't you all think Channel 7 is THE WORST provider of Stargate in the world?

They are so crap.

Who ever thought that airing seasons HALF AT A TIME was a good idea??

It's crazy!

I wonder how many other Australian fans hang around here...I get the impression the show isn't as popular here. But maybe it's just that a lot of U.S. and U.K. fans hang around here at Gateworld.
      Im Canadian!
      [email protected]
      http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
      One nation under dog
      There of which I stand alone
      A face in the crowd
      Unsung, against the mold
      Without a doubt
      Singled out
      The only way I know

Comment

Hey, I'm from Brisbane. My favourite episode is Heroes, Part II - I've been up all night doing an assignment and I haven't had any sleep. Stupid QUT.

Comment

Welcome Aussies, and there seems to be a fair few Brisvegas folk here!

I started the thread and I didn't even introduce myself... Hi my name is Kanyon and I'm a Stargate-a-holic!
          "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

Originally posted by D.C.
            Hey, I'm from Brisbane. My favourite episode is Heroes, Part II - I've been up all night doing an assignment and I haven't had any sleep. Stupid QUT.
            Awwww I feel for you.

I'm doing an assignment (translation: bludging) right now too. I've done heaps, like 12,000 words (translation: feeling guilty that I still have 6000 to go).

I don't think I've slept properly in a week (translation: coz I was on the forum when I should be studying).

Anyway, I'd better go and do some more work (translation: I'm gonna go view another thread).

Gotto be careful not to get sucked into the black hole of the shipper thread...there are so many posts, last time I barely came up for air.

At least, not till after Tuesday..

And on topic....Brisbane rocks!

What?

Comment

Originally posted by Jprime
              Im Canadian!
              That's ok. Don't feel bad

I'm told it's practically the same thing anyway...

If I had to live somewhere other than Australia, it would be Canada.

Though I could always go 'home' to Germany too...

Comment

If I were in Canada, I would be pressed up to the fence to the Stargate set/compound everyday, as I have nothing else to do, and it would be the best way of getting to see them if I don't win that trip there.
                "Nobody Screws Stargate Like Seven"

Wanna see a signed script cover? http://www.geocities.com/darkwarden/Stargate/index.htm

Technology solving problems.
                http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/

Comment

Neith here lowly scribe for Sassy and Goldie ... and oh yeah and all that other that educational stuff ... ugh I'm trying to polish a "plain english" article explaining nominals and gerunds and other stuff ...ugh editing is not bliss ... me thinks my untidy notes will require major cut and paste session!!!

my sympathies to those doing end of term / semester
                  projects and assignments!!!

however far more annoying is channel seven - aaargh - oh bliss NOT - if you cant afford cable there's either no sf or its in a everchanging or late night time slot aaargh

reality programs grrr!!!

oh well I'm getting my sf fix catching up on reading peter hamilton books
                  - i just finished Pandora's Star

praise the muses for librarians who like and order sf and f books!!!
                  Keep the science in SciFi!

Comment

Don't get me started on reality programs.

So far I have managed to avoid seeing any more than 5 seconds of big brother at a time - just long enough to reach for the remote.

I don't actually watch a lot of sci fi or fantasy stuff but that is mainly because it's not offered often.

I love fantasy books, although I study Victorian Literature.

Ahhh this assignment.

It's a reflective/evaluative essay...doing 5-part reports for two subjects. 80% of our course work is due on the same day...how sadistic is that!

I should really disconnect from the internet. That might make me work.

Comment

Well my line of work is so boring I just tend to lurk around Gateworld Forums most of the time.

I like Canada. I've got family over there that I'm planning to visit next year. I heard it's very similar to Australia. I wonder that's why we have so many here at the firm I work for!
                      "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

you hoo... *waves*
                        I'm way over here in Perth! WA

I used to live in brisbane, used to go to highschool with saharagate actually.

And I'm sorry for all of those who will be dissappointed, but Saharagate and I will be winning this competition...
                        however, we will endevour to regale you with our (mis)adventures after we return from Canada.

Comment

Sahara: 12,000... that's a lot of words. I haven't slept properly for a week either but last night was the worst. I had to go to uni today to hand in an assignment and I felt like I was going to fall asleep on the bus. It would of been a hell of a lot easier if they had let me submit the assignment online.

This boards got a pretty good mix of Australians.

Comment

it's a heck of a lot of words..
                            it's cruvus that she has to write that much, i mean, the dissertation I have to write this year, for my honours project is supposed to be 15,000 - and i have an entire year to research it.

and i thought that the 3,000 that i have to write for my history seminar on ******* feudalism was bad...

Comment

hey!! it edited my post!!!

I'm writing about B@stard Feudalism.
                              Its actually a real concept! and it edited me. how rude!

Comment

I complain when I get something that's 2,000 words.

Comment

Working...
                                X