X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timelord?

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
    The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

i dont want to imortaal jusyt live 300 years

Comment

Originally posted by Daedalus-304 View Post
        I would refuse to live only as data. But if I did become immortal, I would find and unused asteroid and convert it into a world-ship and live there. Maybe I'll park the ship in orbit around Earth somewhere so I would be close to any supplies I need.

you just stole that idea straight from a book, a character named ozzie (who incidentally was the more freespirited one of the pair of people that invented wormholes in the mid 21st century) has one of them, all hollowed out and stuff, during the 25th century starflyer war!!
        Spoiler:
        Disclaimer:
        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
        Quotes!
        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
        sigpic

Comment

too late ... i am already ... already got my claim on eternity and boy is that a freeing feeling ....

so off to play ...

where is the party!!!

hmmm ... i feel like a TACO!!! woohoo!!!

teehee!!
          sigpic
          SCORE!!
          The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Originally posted by babaganoosh View Post
            Would you want to be immortal?
            Hmm, let's see.

Some pros and cons to consider:

Pros:
            You can experience anything and everything you want.
            And some of the things you don't.

You'd stay the same age you are right now even 10,000 years later.
            Fine.

Your health will always be good.
            That's certainly a plus.

You can be shot and walk away.
            Do I have to be?

Cons:
            After you've experienced it all, then what?
            Invent something else.

All your friends, all your family and loved ones are gone. Sure, you can make new ones but it won't be the same.
            Not the same? That would solve the problem of "after you've experienced it all, then what".

Try finding a job. One look at your ID and they'll throw you in jail because they'll see in the year 3005 that you were born in the 1970's (or whenever you were born)
            I'd be more worried about becoming a lab rat than getting thrown into jail. But since the animal rights movement covers the rights of lab rat, you'd soon be set free and with a new immortal-friendly ID. Failing that, or if you're jailed, you would eventually establish your rights as an immortal in court, and in the meanwhile you'd be experiencing those new things jails are so full of.

You'll have to sit through styles and fads of the future, styles that you might not like.
            Gee, I'm having this exact problem as we speak.

You can survive wars. Who is to say the population wouldn't be wiped out in WW III? You'd be all alone - without your glasses.
            I wouldn't need glasses, what with perfect health and all. And I could just find a chimpanzee, teach it to use tools and start a whole new civilization of monkeys. That'd give me a few hundred thousand years more of entertaining monkey business.

The only way you could die is to be decapitated or have your head disarticulated. If you happen to be caught in a fire or have your limbs torn off, you're not gonna want to live.
            Perfrect health, remember? I'd grow those limbs right back like a lizard grows back its tail.

So the answer is yes.
            If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Yay. Without a doubt.

Comment

Immortality without a head or foot can be a bit confusing.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Immortality, watching everyone I love and care about die around me......no thanks.

Comment

Immrotality yes that I would like I could do whatever the hell I wanted if I am able to walk away from being shot and like.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                      Immortality, watching everyone I love and care about die around me......no thanks.
                      if you were made immortal, who's to say everyone else wouldn't be made immortal too?
                      Spoiler:
                      Disclaimer:
                      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                      Quotes!
                      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                      sigpic

Comment

50% YES -> because your experiences wouldn't go for nothing, you can learn and watch new things -> have more fun!
                        50% NO-> because it could be sometimes boring, tiring or just too simple (for egzample: now you're trying hard to be good, to deserve Heaven- but then?) no mental perspective, maybe to became a god
                        sigpic
                        sig thanks to Luci

Comment

Originally posted by Achaja View Post
                          50% YES -> because your experiences wouldn't go for nothing, you can learn and watch new things -> have more fun!
                          50% NO-> because it could be sometimes boring, tiring or just too simple (for egzample: now you're trying hard to be good, to deserve Heaven- but then?) no mental perspective, maybe to became a god
                          not everyone tries to be good to get into heaven, i personally try to be good for the sake of society, as i do not believe in an afterlife, i kind of think trying to be good just to get into heaven is extremely selfish.
                          Spoiler:
                          Disclaimer:
                          Quotes!
                          sigpic

Comment

I don't really try to be good at all. Until proven otherwise, I will live under the assumption that life has no meaning. Because of that, everything else is also inherently meaningless. So I just try to enjoy life as much as possible.

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
                            The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                              not everyone tries to be good to get into heaven, i personally try to be good for the sake of society, as i do not believe in an afterlife, i kind of think trying to be good just to get into heaven is extremely selfish.
                              i think it's a very thin frontier between what is and what isn't selfishness. It's hard to be not suspected as a hypocritical, especially by ourselves. Difficult matter. Of course i want to be good because it's worth- but if you're Christian you know that God is the most important being on the world and for Him, for this future meeting with Him in Heaven i want deserve Heaven- not for my own pleasure.
                              sigpic
                              sig thanks to Luci

Comment

Working...
                              X