Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If god was to come down from his little world all the way up their on the Moon, and tell me what heavins like, and then offer me Immortality, with the ability to cross between worlds then I would go fo it, any other way and no deal.
    The Doctor: [leafing through a teen magazine] That won't last. He's gay and she's an alien.

Carter: You saying that it could be boobytraped?
    Teal'C: Booby?

May the Force Be With You

Comment

Definitely not, you could conquer the entire world, see the end of all civilizations, but then what? You couldn't kill yourself, so you'd be sentenced to an eternity of boredom.
      Visit The Station (Warning: NOT family appropriate)

Hail to the victors!

Comment

What was the name of the immortal race in Gulliver's Travels? If nothing else is enough to put someone off the idea immortality then that would surely do the job for most people. Imagine, getting older and older, in every way, and not dying. :: shudder ::

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
          What was the name of the immortal race in Gulliver's Travels? If nothing else is enough to put someone off the idea immortality then that would surely do the job for most people. Imagine, getting older and older, in every way, and not dying. :: shudder ::
          A bit like madonna!

Comment

This is a really hard question to decide. It'd be fun to live for years, but then again everyone you knew and loved would be dead in 100 years. I wish I could be immortal, but die if I wanted to.

Comment

Yea

Comment

why don't you become an elf then, they are immortal, they can't die of natural causes, but can be killed!

Comment

i dont want 2 be killed either lol

Comment

i would like to be Immortal but i would also like to choose when i can die.

for expample if i get to the point that i feel like i have lived all i want to live i can choose when i can start turning old and die a natural death

Comment

I'll say what I said two years ago (with more emphasis): Hell yeah!

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
                      The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

i wouldn't want to be an immortal. But i would want an extended life. Like the lifespan of a timelord.
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess View Post
                          So, i wonder, what would it be like if everybody had immortality, then?
                          overcrowded

Comment

but if we could be immortal and exist as data, then there would be no problems with space. or if we could colonise space in habitats, asteroid bases and other planets, we'd be alright too.
                            Spoiler:
                            Disclaimer:
                            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                            Quotes!
                            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                              but if we could be immortal and exist as data, then there would be no problems with space. or if we could colonise space in habitats, asteroid bases and other planets, we'd be alright too.
                              I would refuse to live only as data. But if I did become immortal, I would find and unused asteroid and convert it into a world-ship and live there. Maybe I'll park the ship in orbit around Earth somewhere so I would be close to any supplies I need.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                                i wouldn't want to be an immortal. But i would want an extended life. Like the lifespan of a timelord.
                                Hehe, that would be nice.

I like the idea of limited immortality. Once you've done everything you wanted/needed to do, to be able to go at a time of your choosing when you're ready, that would be nice. Of course there would be all sorts of people who would abuse that sort of thing.....Hmm, I could get into a Doctor Who discussion here.

Comment

Working...
                                X