Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*watches as the serious discussions of this thread are chucked out the window*

... 43!!! *runs*

sigpic
    Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
    Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by ./freelancer
      So where did the Branes come from?
      ---
      I have a great theory: Magnets! Outside the Universe there are giant magnets causing the universe to expand
      ---
      This is really complicated, so if anyone tells me the universe was created by magic I will buy that
      The Big Bang theory goes far to explain an expanding universe, but it falls short in explaining why the universe is expanding exponentionally faster. After the initial "bang" however many billions of years ago, things should be slowing down; they are not. Now to keep the theory close to their chests, scientists are trying to make the theory still workable by deducing that dark matter is responsible for the continued excelleration of an expanding universe. As far as the question of life...it's just a byproduct, or a perk if you will, of the universe as we are all made of star stuff......I don't profess to know who or what created the universe, but I believe it is the universe that creates life.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

You're scaring me. If we are just a biproduct of the universe, then what is our purpose? What is the meaning? What will happen when we die?

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
        The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

^ the universe will carry on expanding without us
          ^^ why would it slow down? theres nothing in space to slow the universe from expanding

sigpic
          Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
          Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

^ Good point, if you throw a ball in vacuum it just keeps moving. And I assume there's vacuum or something outside the universe.

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
            The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

Working...
            X