No announcement yet.

last person to reply WINS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know there are those that are addicted to the game. I volunteered at the public library, I had to get 100 credit hours for school, and when I was doing the comm. service, I'd be assigned to help people with computer troubles and with logging in and printing stuff out. Needless to say it got boring after a while as more people got used to the new system, but hey.

Anyways, when I volunteered, I saw TONS of kids come in and play the game. When their computer expired, they got back in line to log back in and play again. It was incredible. I came to the opinion that their parents saw they were addicted and grounded them.
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
      I know there are those that are addicted to the game. I volunteered at the public library, I had to get 100 credit hours for school, and when I was doing the comm. service, I'd be assigned to help people with computer troubles and with logging in and printing stuff out. Needless to say it got boring after a while as more people got used to the new system, but hey.

Anyways, when I volunteered, I saw TONS of kids come in and play the game. When their computer expired, they got back in line to log back in and play again. It was incredible. I came to the opinion that their parents saw they were addicted and grounded them.
      Which game? Warcraft? You played it?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir
        How so? What do you have to do exactly?
        It's a different type of game than Runescape. Yet similar. You are basically a god person, and you are commanding armies in battle against a certain someone. If you fail, the mission starts over with no damage done. Many of the greatest games to be released were RTS (real time strategy)...Red Alert 2 (actually, any of the Command and Conquer series minus Generals), Rome: Total War, in which you play a Roman General and Command armies...Star Trek: Armada 2, which has become one of the most modded games perhaps in history, Empire Earth series, and finally Star Wars: Empire at War, which according to gamers may become more modded than Armada 2, because it offers the players the chance to have both ground and space battles.

As for hard drive stuff...I'm not one to go out and buy a new video card or a new hard drive when the need arises (mainly cuz I've never had the need arise where I would require any major upgrades...that and I'm on a notebook). I have a gigabyte of ram so am therefore capable of playing almost all games released as of this moment.

The story of Warcraft is that there are these universes and that somehow a hole is opened, and these demons (orcs) get into the world of humans (dark age humans)...the humans fight them off yada yada yada...Warcraft 2 was okay but not memorable, they try to invade the world of humans again, the humans invade their world, and somehow the Orc planet starts to rip apart. Then in Warcraft III a shadow race of necromancers and lichens invade the world of humans, with Orcs, humans, what remains of the elves, the dark elves, and the dwarves fighting the dark race off.

I'm rather a fan of the RTS games.

Comment

Which game? Warcraft? You played it?
          No, Runescape.

Comment

Armada 2 had a really nice Babylon 5 mod. I didn't like Armada 2 modding, though, because it destroyed the original game data. I ended up installing two copies of Armada so I could play both.
            Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Sounds complex. I'm not into controlling my own armies. I like the one to one fighting in Runescape and it's nice and simple in that aspect.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
                No, Runescape.
                Yeah I used to be really addicted but now I keep forgetting about it even through I still enjoy it at times. I'm stuck in a quest at the mo and it's not very exicting. The quests are the one thing I don't like about Runescape.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
                  Armada 2 had a really nice Babylon 5 mod. I didn't like Armada 2 modding, though, because it destroyed the original game data. I ended up installing two copies of Armada so I could play both.
                  I think Armada 2 was many improvements over the first one...but the limitations of Armada 2 modding are gone in Star Wars: Empire at War. They could make a Dominion Wars mod for SW:EaW, and have both land and space battles. Though the first thing they should do also is take out the population crap and the amount of players you can control on land.

Comment

I just thought I would try out warcraft to see what's like but it asks for an authentication code, so I assume it a shelf game too?
                    sigpic

Comment

I just thought I would try out warcraft to see what's like but it asks for an authentication code, so I assume it a shelf game too?
                      Yeah, but you can find authentication codes online...just go to serials.ws, you own the cd right. Just don't be surprised when you find some distasteful banners (x-rated material), also you might not want to go to the site in IE...if you know what I mean.

Comment

Yes, it is.
                        Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I forgot to mention, World of Warcraft is a RPG (Role Playing Game), which is much more similar to Runescape.

Comment

I am winning
                            Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

Originally posted by captainpash
                              I am winning
                              That's easily rectified.
                              Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

Not anymore. Wraiths Pash.

Comment

Working...
                                X