No announcement yet.

last person to reply WINS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a side note....since when is .ape an audio format?
    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
      Namely disgusting (or at the very least, shocking) the others. As you can see, no one else is posting now. Apparently it was successful on that front.
      Ah, that makes sense. I thought maybe someone took over your body and posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Vee
        Ah, that makes sense. I thought maybe someone took over your body and posted.
        Nahh, that was me posting. And the extra purposes should by no means diminish the message itself.
        Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Hey uk did you ever hear of the audio codec .ape?

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
            Hey uk did you ever hear of the audio codec .ape?
            I'm not familiar with any format using that extension.
            Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I'm not familiar with any format using that extension.
              I googled it. It's relatively new, it seems. http://www.monkeysaudio.com
              Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodthirsteve
                where's honey?
                *from a distance* In the bar dear, want to join me?

Due to some weird black holey time dilation effect thingy, the above statement, actually posted about three hours ago, only appears now

OK - i'm back now
                I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

I googled it. It's relatively new, it seems. http://www.monkeysaudio.com
                  Yeah.... I downloaded ImTOO audio encoder and that was one of the options when choosing which format you wanted.... I wouldnt have spotted it if i didnt see the monkeys lab.dll...lol

Comment

Yeah.... I downloaded ImTOO audio encoder and that was one of the options when choosing which format you wanted.... I wouldnt have spotted it if i didnt see the monkeys lab.dll...lol
                    They have a nice page explaining audio compression.
                    Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

Oh goodie, the start of more technobabble.

*Plugs ears and covers eyes. Goes lalala and waits for it to stop.*
                      sigpic
                      Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1
                        Oh goodie, the start of more technobabble.

*Plugs ears and covers eyes. Goes lalala and waits for it to stop.*
                        The technobable is limited to that page so no undue suffering will result.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/02/21/to...cnn_topstories

I don't know quite what to say about that story... other than always make sure you have TP.
                        Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

Well i wont be using that format...
                          6min MP3 @ 128kbps = 5.95mb
                          6min APE @ 128kbps = 34.6mb

Comment

*walks back out of thread*

Comment

Originally posted by Vee

*walks back out of thread*
                              *joins Vee in the rush to the exits*

too much techno talk. Me no unnerstand!!!
                              I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Well i wont be using that format...
                                6min MP3 @ 128kbps = 5.95mb
                                6min APE @ 128kbps = 34.6mb
                                WARNING, TECHNOBABBLE BELOW!
                                Spoiler:
                                You have to understand, APE is lossless, whereas MP3 is lossy. APE doesn't drop a single bit of the actual sound when it compresses. MP3 drops bits of sound in such a way that at higher bitrates, it's mostly unnoticible by the human ear. In fact, I think much of the stuff it trims at first isn't detectable by humans anyway. You wouldn't use a lossless compression to store your CDs for future listening. Lossless compression is good for storing master quality recordings for future use and manipulation.
                                Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

Working...
                                X