The Last Ship: Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Escapism is not the same as getting angry that a character dies. I loved watching Stargate but I didn't get angry when they killed Frasier.
    Okay. Because I don't know you personally, I have to ask.

Are you being deliberately confrontational, or just being obtuse? I'm not trying to be mean or defensive, but surely you know that expressing sadness or anger, or being frustrated at a character death is merely an extension of someone being interested in a program and its plot and characters. It is not a personal failing.

If you have no interest in this thread, then why keep getting on here and making fun of us? That's just uncool.
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Its quite simple. I don't agree with this zealous devotion people have to characters and getting angry with a show because they did something you dislike. Like I said before its just a show I'm not making fun or mocking. Its just a point I disagree with.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Its quite simple. I don't agree with this zealous devotion people have to characters and getting angry with a show because they did something you dislike. Like I said before its just a show I'm not making fun or mocking. Its just a point I disagree with.
        Then why come on to a thread where people are going to be devoted to the characters and make fun of them? Why not leave me alone to my delusions and go somewhere where other people share your proclivities? You ARE mocking me. You ARE making fun. If you disagree with this thread, go elsewhere. Why tear down other people in order to prove your point?

It would be like me going into an anti Jack/Sam ship thread and posting clearly Shippy pictures and arguing with them about whether the characters loved each other or not. I don't do that, though, because there isn't any point. I like to enjoy my time on Gateworld, not demean and belittle and annoy other people.
        sigpic
        My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
          Then why come on to a thread where people are going to be devoted to the characters and make fun of them? Why not leave me alone to my delusions and go somewhere where other people share your proclivities? You ARE mocking me. You ARE making fun. If you disagree with this thread, go elsewhere. Why tear down other people in order to prove your point?

It would be like me going into an anti Jack/Sam ship thread and posting clearly Shippy pictures and arguing with them about whether the characters loved each other or not. I don't do that, though, because there isn't any point. I like to enjoy my time on Gateworld, not demean and belittle and annoy other people.
          Its called debating for a reason and Anti/pro threads were largely banned on the forum for a reason. No one is forcing you to reply. If my point of view bothers you that much you can always choose to not replying of put me on ignore. I have not made any kind or personal attack or belittling comments towards you. I am not condescending people but I have a right to debate or discuss a philosophy at a place that exists for that function.
          Jelgate is right

Comment

This thread doesn't exist to debate whether people should become involved emotionally with a show. The purpose of this thread is to celebrate the general hunkiness/ability to act/interesting traits of the characters and the people involved with the show.

So, here's how this is going to work, right? I'm going to post about how much I admire someone in the show, or how much of a cutie patootie they are, or how sad I am that they have been killed off, or upset at them being blinded by a grenade. . .

And then you're going to post about how lame it is that I think that they are admirable, or cute, or dead, or blind. . .

And that's NOT supposed to be seen by me as being demeaning.

Just checking. Just want to make sure that I understand the process by which I should expect to be insulted by you.
            sigpic
            My Stories AO3

Comment

I don't care about such concept about people's personal appearances so I wouldn't comment. But the original comment you had about discussing what happened in a story, I do care about. I have never insulted. I have never called you stupid or any of those insulting things so please stop dramatizing. Just because I do not agree with people being overemotional about a show is not the same is insuting I have a right to not agree with a fandom philosophy so please stop saying I am insulting you when I have not made any insults towards you
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Wow.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pyqGtUt6ee0
                      sigpic
                      My Stories AO3

Comment

Comment

Comment

Niiiiiice.

I've been browsing tumblr for other Last Ship pictures. There are SO many cool things that people have put there, but I'm not sure how to bring them over here.
                            sigpic
                            My Stories AO3

Comment

I don't know about Tumblr, but when I find a photo to copy, I click on the right button on my mouse and there's a list that comes up with one selection being "save as", and I click on that and it saves to a folder I have offline title "The Last Ship". Once there, you can use the method you've used before this to post a picture here. At least, that's the way I've been doing it. Pretty much all the pictures I've come across have been on Facebook's "Last Ship" pages.

Comment

Here's a pretty for you, Hedwig. . .

sigpic
                                My Stories AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X