No announcement yet.

TNT's The Last Ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked last night's ep, and I've been enjoying this season, for the most part, so far. I just don't really like Bridget Regan's character much. I feel like they're trying too hard by making her a badass that has romantic? history with Chandler. I think I would have liked her better if they had made the character someone that Chandler didn't know from his past.
    sigpic

Comment

True, it seems that they are trying way to hard to make us like her.. So i hope that theey don't screw THAT up, by then revealing she has been the one working for the baddies all along.

AND BRING BACK TEX!

Comment

Yeah, I wish they'd bring Tex back as well. I miss him along with Rachel.
        sigpic

Comment

Does anyone else get the vibe that the blonde woman hanging around the POTUS's inner circle is a spy for someone?

Comment

Not really. Well not right now at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
              Does anyone else get the vibe that the blonde woman hanging around the POTUS's inner circle is a spy for someone?
              I do. I'm not happy with POTUS, either. But then, I'm usually wrong about such things.
              sigpic
              My Stories: FFdotNet
              My Stories AO3
              Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Excellent (and intense) episode.

Spoiler:
                Interesting and clever way to get rid of the mines and then the torpedo. I'm wondering how the torpedo was fired (presumably) without a ship to fire it.

I am so hoping that Jacob (the reporter) gets a severe comeuppance from someone. Preferably Kara getting to punch him right in his smug face.

Interesting meeting with the various delegates and all their demands. It sounded very much like they were trying to blackmail the President into doing what they wanted. Do it our way or else we unleash all our people on you. However, I loved how the Pres. stood up to them and put them in their places. Especially that one guy who is apparently living in a mansion while his people are not.

If the writers are trying to drum up some sympathy for Takahaya having a pregnant sick wife, it failed with me. I feel badly for her, but not for him.

I laughed right out loud at the scene where Takahaya's goon was smashing and throwing boxes around in a rage. The Nathan James survived and he was throwing a fit about it.

I'm actually starting to like Sasha a little bit. She was beginning to act like a human being with a heart in this episode and finally got rid of that smug look she's been sporting, and maybe she was even a little bit scared by the events that were occurring and wondering if she and the ship would survive.

Also beginning to like Jessie. That wink she gave Wolf was kind of cute. Loved it when she lied about how much fuel she had left; she's really beginning to care about her new crewmates.

Loved the cheering going on when Wolf and Cruz were found and rescued. Also very impressed that Wolf told Chandler that he and Cruz could do the job without Green along (since he had a wife and child at home waiting for him). When the mine/torpedo exploded seemingly taking Wolf and Cruz with them, I almost yelled "you did not just do what it looks like you did", and I was almost holding my breath until they were found and rescued.

I still trust the President. Most folks over on Facebook don't like him and don't trust him. I think he's just a guy that got pulled into a really difficult job and doing the best he can. Interesting scene from next week that Alison Shaw is seen making a pass at him.

I'm curious about the OOD (Officer of the Deck?) that relays orders from Chandler or the XO to others. Is she an actress or an actual navy person that gets to have a small part in the show? She's so formal and efficient as she relays the orders.

Am also wondering in what episode the windows on the bridge gets blasted apart. I keep seeing that in various bits along the way. I don't think that has already happened in previous episodes.

Really looking forward to next week's episode.
                Last edited by hedwig; 10 July 2016, 08:39 PM.

Comment

I agree, it was a very cool episode..

Spoiler:
                  On the torp, i think that they just tossed it over the side of that boat they had it on.. Though how they would have done so without tipping the boat over i don't know.
                  i'd also like to know how the heck they even GOT all those mines into place..

As for that reporter, i Do also want him to get a good punching.. He does seem to be up to something.

As for the other delegates, i agree it seemed like they were trying to blackmail the president. and i loved him for sticking to his guns..

As for Takahari, i actually DID feel some more sympathy for him after seeing that whole schebang with his wife.. Made him a little more human.

Jessie (our favorite grounder lass from S1-2) is also growing on me, and like you i loved it when she winked at wolf..

Interesting scene from next week that Alison Shaw is seen making a pass at him.
                  With all the chatter about her possibly being a spy for someone, that preview clip of her making a pass at the POTUS, really makes me start to agree with those who feel she is...

Comment

Yeah, that's the blonde I was referring to. Allison.

She just comes off as a spy for someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                      Yeah, that's the blonde I was referring to. Allison.

She just comes off as a spy for someone.
                      I'm not a fan of her, either. But I don't really like any of the people in Michener's group. Dunno. It'll be interesting to see what happens.
                      sigpic
                      My Stories: FFdotNet
                      My Stories AO3
                      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Yay, they rescued everyone.. though they lost a total of 6 people doing so...

Comment

Spoiler:
                          That fight scene on the island was a bloodbath. Three of our guys, and I counted about 12 of Takahaya's guys (2 between Miller and Dr. Rios), and it seemed like the area was swarming with the Chinese, and I'm figuring at least 20 of them got killed when the explosion occurred.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                            Excellent (and intense) episode.

Spoiler:

I still trust the President. Most folks over on Facebook don't like him and don't trust him. I think he's just a guy that got pulled into a really difficult job and doing the best he can. Interesting scene from next week that Alison Shaw is seen making a pass at him.
                            Spoiler:
                            I could be wrong, but it looked to me like it was an ongoing thing, not a sudden pass. It was hard to tell in the previews for the episode, though.
                            I was very glad that almost everyone made it back. I was really afraid some of them weren't going to.

Comment

Well, technically not everyone did..
                              And you would have thought that with the knowledge of the Japs using underground tunnels a lot (Oki, Iwo jima and other spots), that the crew of the james would have thought OF that possibility, before Chandler seemed to twig it..

Comment

Originally posted by brendini View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                I could be wrong, but it looked to me like it was an ongoing thing, not a sudden pass. It was hard to tell in the previews for the episode, though.
                                I was very glad that almost everyone made it back. I was really afraid some of them weren't going to.
                                Spoiler:
                                I hadn't realize it at the time, but when Allison kissed his wrist, it was where the scar is when he tried to kill himself in Season 2. That kind of makes it more personal since it would seem that she knows he tried to kill himself. So, I think you're right that something more personal has been going on between them for awhile.

Comment

Working...
                                X