Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    Spoiler:
    It seemed as though it started out a little slow, but definitely didn't wind up that way.

I actually had tears in my eyes when they showed the arch in St. Louis with the Nathan James coming into port, and we could hear the cheering of the crowds, and then the scene where the crew was spreading the cure around to the crowd. Enjoyed seeing Chandler actually smile in the scene with the children. And totally enjoyed it when a woman in the crowd kissed that one sailor, and various members of the crew were enjoying his embarrassment.

I agree that there should have been some kind of guards on the place, given that the President of the United States was staying in the hotel. Just because the cure had been distributed didn't mean that everyone who was out to get them had disappeared.

And on that note, did they just let McDowell go after he asked if a pardon was still available, or was he still on the ship? Did his henchman act on his own when he shot Rachel or did McDowell tell him to do it?

I'm wondering what this does to the command structure of the Nathan James with Chandler being promoted to Secretary of the Navy (or whatever it was he was promoted to). Does Slattery finally get his own command?

Loved Tex's storyline with finding his daughter. Now he won't be leaving; he's probably going to stick around and help with the recovery efforts.

I do not think Rachel is dead. I think the guy was hasty when he aimed and fired at her, and I think he hit her in the shoulder because she reached for her right shoulder as she fell. The next question is who is going to find her? Or will she manage to get herself to someone to help her?

Interesting that neither Chandler's or Slattery's injuries were mentioned in this episode. That piece of metal is still in Chandler's body waiting to be removed. And I thought Slattery might have his arm in a sling since he got shot in his left arm in the last episode.
    Yes to everything. I can't believe I have to wait until next year to find out what happens. Trust me--I live in Arizona, where the temperatures are in the 110s, and I CAN'T WAIT until summer to watch this show again.

The only other question I have is:

Spoiler:
    Are Green and Kara going to be allowed to get married? They're still technically in the same chain of command. What's that going to mean for them? Is she (or he) going to leave the ship? What effect will the vaccine have on the baby?
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
      Yes to everything. I can't believe I have to wait until next year to find out what happens. Trust me--I live in Arizona, where the temperatures are in the 110s, and I CAN'T WAIT until summer to watch this show again.

The only other question I have is:

Spoiler:
      Are Green and Kara going to be allowed to get married? They're still technically in the same chain of command. What's that going to mean for them? Is she (or he) going to leave the ship? What effect will the vaccine have on the baby?
      On the marriage front. My mil regulations they can get married, they can be together..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        On the marriage front. My mil regulations they can get married, they can be together..
        True, but I think that they have be out of the same chain of command first. I'm probably wrong, though.
        sigpic
        My Stories AO3

Comment

Hey--does anyone have a clue how much time has actually passed in the show?
          sigpic
          My Stories AO3

Comment

In sad news today, Alan Purwin, who piloted a helicopter in "The Last Ship" died yesterday (9/11/15) while filming a movie in Colombia with Tom Cruise. He and another man (Carlos Berl) were both killed in a crash. Another pilot was taken to the hospital in serious condition.

Purwin had flown in dozens of movies and TV shows since debuting in "Airwolf" in 1984.
            sigpic
            My Stories AO3

Comment

Hey--does anyone have a clue how much time has actually passed in the show?
              I was under the impression that the ship had been gone for six months before being attacked by the Russians in the Arctic (or Antartica), and since then probably at least a month (may more) has passed since they got to Norfolk and then to southern points and then to Louisiana. But I could be wrong.

Comment

My husband and I spent all of date night tonight trying to figure out timing. It was riveting. Ha ha! We're thinking 6 weeks or so since the events in Baltimore.
                sigpic
                My Stories AO3

Comment

In sad news today, Alan Purwin, who piloted a helicopter in "The Last Ship" died yesterday (9/11/15) while filming a movie in Colombia with Tom Cruise. He and another man (Carlos Berl) were both killed in a crash. Another pilot was taken to the hospital in serious condition.

Purwin had flown in dozens of movies and TV shows since debuting in "Airwolf" in 1984.
                  When i got off work last night, my mother mentioned that, though she didn't remember the list of films he has done the flying of helos/planes in..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    When i got off work last night, my mother mentioned that, though she didn't remember the list of films he has done the flying of helos/planes in..
                    You can check it out on IMDB. He was in everything, seemingly. He was obviously a huge talent.
                    sigpic
                    My Stories AO3

Comment

I know this is a little late but
                      Spoiler:
                      I wanted to comment on the people questioning how the guy who shot Dr. Scott in the season finale. Is it not possible this guy got past whatever security existed guarding the president. We have seen it happen in the real world where people have gotten past Secret Service to harm the president. It doesn't seem a stretch that this could happen in the show
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Spoiler:
                        Everything is likely so new to everyone after the President was sworn in that they didn't really think of security. They hadn't needed it on the ship, and they slipped up big time by not finding some trustworthy people to guard the President. They also likely didn't think anyone on the crew needed to be guarded, since most people were just celebrating the fact that they had received the cure and it was a huge reason to celebrate.

Comment

So, I'm rewatching the show, and I'm wondering what happened to the Russian soldier they captured in the first episode. He wasn't injured enough to die of his wounds, so do they have him on board somewhere? What do you all think they did with him?

(I'm sure he's a convenient plot point in that the show runners figure he'll simply be forgotten, but I wonder what would actually have become of him.) Thoughts?
                          sigpic
                          My Stories AO3

Comment

well it looks like we are not finished with the Nathan James, it will be launching again on

The Last Ship

Returning Sunday, June 12, at 9/8c

http://www.tntdrama.com/shows/the-la...%20last%20ship
                            Last edited by epg20; 16 April 2016, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by epg20 View Post
                              well it looks like we are not finished with the Nathan James, it will be launching again on
                              The Last Ship
                              Hell ya! =)
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kMOP0fSNG4
                              www.stitchsloft.com
                              For your out of this world prop and costume needs

sigpic
                              "THAT'S... Lt. Col, Errand Boy to you..." Lt. Col John Sheppard
                              www.scifihero.net

Comment

Originally posted by epg20 View Post

The Last Ship

I'm SOOOOO excited! I've turned a bunch of my friends onto this show and we get together and binge watch it together. I'm totally stoked (sorry--I'm a child of the 80s) for the new season!
                                sigpic
                                My Stories AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X