No announcement yet.

TNT's The Last Ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True it has.. But you would have at least thought armories would have gotten locked up before the people there fell..

Comment

I think that any lock given enough time and effort can be broken. I mean is that the point of how any security system can broken into. Its not a large feat given the chaotic nature of the United States and the world in this show.

And what if the military is just as broken as the civilian population? We have this idealized impression of the military because the Nathan James didn't fall to the chaos of the virus. But is it a stretch that other military bases fell to munities? I can believe it.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

True, but look at norfolk. The base there seemed to not break down into chaos.

Comment

I would hardly say its true everywhere. For every Norfolk their is a Baltimore
          Jelgate is right

Comment

The town was a mess, the base wasn't. So does Baltimore have a base in it?

Comment

I don't know. Not really the point. It's unrealistic for all places to decay into anarchy which is why some places, like Norfolk , will remain civilized. By the same token its unrealistic for the military to remain structured when societies are crumbling. We have seen this happen too. It's rarely an all or none
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Spoiler:
                It may have been predicitble but I laughed when I saw the XO knock out that sub with that big missile launcher. It was about time we saw that sociopath and his sub get sunk to the bottom of the ocean. Makes me wonder what the season finale will be given how weakened the Immunes are
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Spoiler:
                  They may have lost the sub, but imo they are not that weakened..

Things i like
                  Spoiler:
                  like you i loved it when the sub got hit. though what made me scratch my head is the XO said "if one of those missles hits the Nathan James, its sunk.. So why did it take all 4 missiles AND 4 shells of 5" to sink the bastard?
                  The doc videoing the girl and her mother getting better.
                  Captain standing up and doing what was needed.. Damn the torpedos, full speed ahead manner!!

things i disliked
                  Spoiler:
                  yet again our good doc/scientist IGNORES orders and does what the bloody hell she wanted.. NO regard for herself or any of the others she was with..
                  How wimpy those missiles really seemed to be..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    Spoiler:

Things i like
                    Spoiler:
                    like you i loved it when the sub got hit. though what made me scratch my head is the XO said "if one of those missles hits the Nathan James, its sunk.. So why did it take all 4 missiles AND 4 shells of 5" to sink the bastard?
                    Captain standing up and doing what was needed.. Damn the torpedos, full speed ahead manner!!

things i disliked
                    Spoiler:
                    yet again our good doc/scientist IGNORES orders and does what the bloody hell she wanted.. NO regard for herself or any of the others she was with..
                    just as well the doc did ignore orders in the end though

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
                      Agreed. Without that intel, the Nathan James would have been in bigger trouble. I'm honestly a little concerned that Rachel is going to be seen as a Savior of sorts now. There could be a worship-like thing happen there that would put her life in risk.
                      sigpic
                      My Stories: FFdotNet
                      My Stories AO3
                      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        Spoiler:

The Immunes lost a lot of their military power with the lose of their ship, not to mention it looks like Ramsey is dead. What made the Immunes so threating was the strategic value. He may have been a nutjob but Ramsey was very good at strategy.

`
                        Things i like
                        Spoiler:
                        Spoiler:
                        I assumed it was more shots would sink it faster. More shots give more damage to the sub. I bet XO just rained the missles to sink the sub as fast as possible

things i disliked
                        Spoiler:
                        It didn't bother me that much as its consistent with her character to save lives no matter what the military says
                        Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                        Agreed. Without that intel, the Nathan James would have been in bigger trouble. I'm honestly a little concerned that Rachel is going to be seen as a Savior of sorts now. There could be a worship-like thing happen there that would put her life in risk.
                        Its reminds me of what SG1 did multiple times. They disregarded orders but saved the world in doing so saved lives so it was a slap on the wrist. Don't know how realistic that is to the real military but I don't expect 100% realism
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

True, but the ends often don't justify the means. And how many times can someone break orders and get away with it before others see that and start breaking them themselves..?

Comment

Season Finale tonight!

On one hand, I'm excited, because it's bound to be fantastic, but on the other hand, I'm dreading it, because it means that I have to wait MONTHS for new episodes.

ACK!

I have been bingewatching the series from the beginning. I had nine friends over the other night and we watched the first four episodes from Season One. I've been touting it so much that they were all asking what the show was all about. Now, they're addicts, too. (Mission Accomplished!) But I had forgotten how good the first season was. Wow. My favorite episode was when they rescue Chandler and Tex from the Russians.

I've bought the DVD of the first season, now, so I'm going to console myself over the hiatus with watching the commentaries and special features. It won't be enough, but I'll try to survive. Ha ha.
                            sigpic
                            My Stories: FFdotNet
                            My Stories AO3
                            Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Caught it, and liked how it went.
                              Spoiler:
                              I loved how the master chief's call with his parents looked like it would back fire on them, but turned out ok.
                              I loved how they got the preacher dude from the Imunes, and how the POTUS is setting up shop in St Louis.
                              Only part i disliked was the end.. Why were there no guards to prevent someone just waltzing in like that?
                              And is our good doc dead?

Comment

Spoiler:
                                It seemed as though it started out a little slow, but definitely didn't wind up that way.

I actually had tears in my eyes when they showed the arch in St. Louis with the Nathan James coming into port, and we could hear the cheering of the crowds, and then the scene where the crew was spreading the cure around to the crowd. Enjoyed seeing Chandler actually smile in the scene with the children. And totally enjoyed it when a woman in the crowd kissed that one sailor, and various members of the crew were enjoying his embarrassment.

I agree that there should have been some kind of guards on the place, given that the President of the United States was staying in the hotel. Just because the cure had been distributed didn't mean that everyone who was out to get them had disappeared.

And on that note, did they just let McDowell go after he asked if a pardon was still available, or was he still on the ship? Did his henchman act on his own when he shot Rachel or did McDowell tell him to do it?

I'm wondering what this does to the command structure of the Nathan James with Chandler being promoted to Secretary of the Navy (or whatever it was he was promoted to). Does Slattery finally get his own command?

Loved Tex's storyline with finding his daughter. Now he won't be leaving; he's probably going to stick around and help with the recovery efforts.

I do not think Rachel is dead. I think the guy was hasty when he aimed and fired at her, and I think he hit her in the shoulder because she reached for her right shoulder as she fell. The next question is who is going to find her? Or will she manage to get herself to someone to help her?

Interesting that neither Chandler's or Slattery's injuries were mentioned in this episode. That piece of metal is still in Chandler's body waiting to be removed. And I thought Slattery might have his arm in a sling since he got shot in his left arm in the last episode.

Comment

Working...
                                X