Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vikings: News/Discussion ( & Season 4 trailer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of interesting things shaping up
    Spoiler:

Going by the kids I'd say it's been a couple of years? Floki's child looked to be about 2-3 or so

so, anyone think Lagatha is gonna have to, ahem, educate the King on keeping it in his pants?
    Bjorn is gonna be a daddy? Sure looks that way.
    Floki is his typical erratic self.
    Here's hoping that Ragnar and the princess keep it professional, cause wifey at home will not take it well when she finds out.

Lots of potential to play out this season
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Good opening episode.

Spoiler:
      Aethelwulf and his wife are expecting. A son named Alfred perhaps? The uncle did die off rather quickly. Though once the awesomeness that is Ragnar and Rollo reached shore the Mercia army was done for.
      sigpic
      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

There is a rumor (never heard of this site so again, rumor) that Vikings has already been renewed for a 16 episode fourth season.

While I would love more Vikings every year I would only want to see more if they keep the budget-per-episode that has made the show such a good quality. I don't want to see what happened to The Walking Dead in its second season happen to this show. Would rather just have 10 really great episodes a season than 16 hit-or-miss episodes a season.
        sigpic

Comment

Finally saw the opening episode...
          Spoiler:
          And I still love all my Vikings to bits. Floki, especially, is such a fun little viking! His relationship with Helga and his little girl.

LOL at Athelstan when he's translating between Lagertha and King Ecbert.
          Last edited by Skydiver; 26 February 2015, 02:43 PM.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

The last episode was weird...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
              The last episode was weird...
              S3, Ep2
              Spoiler:
              Because of the women having the same dreams? Or the Princess deciding to ask Athelstan to take her confession, where she confessed having to sex dreams about him?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                S3, Ep2
                Spoiler:
                Because of the women having the same dreams? Or the Princess deciding to ask Athelstan to take her confession, where she confessed having to sex dreams about him?
                Everything really. The whole episode just felt strange. Not in a bad way, but strange nonetheless.

The recent episode was cool.

Spoiler:
                “I like to experiment between our cultures. Plowing, fertilizing, and sowing seed are the very basis of life.”

King Ecbert could only have been less subtle if Linus Roache (the actor) turned towards the camera and winked after that.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                  The recent episode was cool.

Spoiler:
                  “I like to experiment between our cultures. Plowing, fertilizing, and sowing seed are the very basis of life.”

King Ecbert could only have been less subtle if Linus Roache (the actor) turned towards the camera and winked after that.

I was snorting so hard when he said that.

And OMGoddess, Törnstein ... ...such a powerful moment. A true viking!

I also totally love it when they're talking Old English and Norse. I hardly need the subtitling to understand the words, which is so cool.

Comment

Did Lagertha learn Old English too?

Spoiler:
                    That group bath scene seemed odd. Especially given what happened a little later. What happened to Bjorn's er, wife?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                      Did Lagertha learn Old English too?
                      Yes, she did. She said so herself. I'm sure Athelstan is a good teacher.
                      King Ecbert should learn some Norse.

Spoiler:
                      That group bath scene seemed odd. Especially given what happened a little later. What happened to Bjorn's er, wife?
                      Spoiler:
                      I didn't see anything odd with it, except that Athelstan seemed to try his hand at flirting which then didn't go so well cause Ecbert's daughter-in-law changed her mind. Athelstan handled it well - I think.

Lagertha and Ecbert getting it on - that was just bound to happen. Lagertha's a smart lady.

Porrun got hurt in battle. That Mercian did a good number on her face with his sword and his mailed fists. I hope she survives. Poor Bjorn.

Comment

Thought so, but I didn't remember exactly. Good for her.

Spoiler:
                        Was Bjorn the only one who knew that Porrun was with child before she got injured? Hope she survives too.

As to that wanderer guy, is he one of the Norse gods? Didn't Odin travel in disguise?
                        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Was Bjorn the only one who knew that Porrun was with child before she got injured? Hope she survives too.

As to that wanderer guy, is he one of the Norse gods? Didn't Odin travel in disguise?
                          Yes, he was.

And the wanderer used to be a Goa'uld... ...Zippie's a Viking now. He does get around.

And no, I have no idea what to make of him, though I'm with Siggy and don't trust him.

Comment

Heh. Wondered where I knew him, and his name shall now be Zippy. Yeah, I don't trust Zippy the Wanderer either. Oh, maybe Floki should meet him.

Athelstan is still one of my favourite characters.
                            sigpic

Comment

I agree. Zippy the Wanderer is up to something. And I don't think it's anything good.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Zippy the Wanderer - LOL

I love Athelstan, and Floki, and Bjorn and Lagertha, and Floki's wife, and Törnstein, ... and practically everybody really.

Comment

Working...
                                X