Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New TV Series for Michael Shanks - CTV's "Saving Hope" Picked Up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
    I really hope they improve the series in later episodes otherwise I don't see it getting another season. Last year Combat Hospital did better numbers in both Canada and the States (and I feel it was a much better show all around) and it got canned.
    Good example and your right. What I find most curious is how they were able to sell this show to begin with? At this point I'm willing to bet that they've got some kind of hook that we've yet to see. I mean, they must have had something different planned for this story in order to get an episode order. Otherwise someone must figure that this type of story is going to attract "X" amount of viewers regardless of how boring it becomes. From everything I've read, it's very difficult to get past the pilot stage for a network even for a summer show. That's why I still am holding out a bit of "Hope" that they've "Saved" something exciting starting this week! (sorry for the puns, just too easy)

Comment

Overall, my wife and I are enjoying this show so far. We will be very disappointed if it gets axed.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

There's a site called TV Series Finale where I go to get ratings as they publish them faster than anywhere else I've seen. Their editorial comments are pretty straight forward and they rarely ever pull a punch. In their ratings review of Saving Hope, they did make a few interesting comments.

Of the eight summer programs that NBC has been airing this summer, Saving Hope is dead last and is doing even worse than the network’s Rock Center with Brian Williams. On our summer ratings report card, the show has an “F” grade.

While NBC is likely paying very little money to air Saving Hope, the ratings are so poor that there seems to be no reason for the network to bring it back for a second season. The show could continue in Canada however so, if that happens, US viewers will be able to see it eventually
        So, I'll be interested in seeing what rabbit they can pull out of their hats to save this one....

Comment

If this show can continue on in Canada, that would be fine with me. Watching something eventually is better than not being able to ever watch it at all.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I just found this show today (thanks to the boards) and am currently watching the third ep of the season. The fourth aired here tonight and I've got that one recorded. The first couple of eps were a little shaky. But, overall, I'm enjoying it. I like the concept and it's so nice to see Michael on TV. I hope it picks up so it doesn't disappear from our TV landscape.
            Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Watched the 4th episode and liked it, I'm liking the show more and more and frankly I couldn't care less about NBC, if not for Michael exposition.
              sigpic
              Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Figures on the up again for this week's showing...in the US anyway..3.3 million - nice to see a rise, even if only smallish...

http://tinyurl.com/7rq5wm7

Deeds xx
                sigpic
                Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Last nights episode was really quite good. This show has my wife and I pretty hooked thus far. We are definitely liking what we are seeing.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Yeah, I thought #4 was the best yet. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching the show, just as long as I don't think about it too much. I think their making better attempts at bringing it all together. I don't watch that many medical dramas, but if that is all this one was, I'd say it's one of the best I've seen. At least now I'm anxious to see what they do with it next week.

Comment

I think it would be great if we get to a point in this show where
                      Spoiler:
                      she can at least occasionally see and hear Charlie. That would give her hope enough to not give up on him.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        I think it would be great if we get to a point in this show where
                        Spoiler:
                        she can at least occasionally see and hear Charlie. That would give her hope enough to not give up on him.
                        I like to think she really was
                        Spoiler:
                        seeing him in the moment just before Joel walks in.
                        Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

I don't think this qualifies as spoiler material but:

Spoiler:
                          Hopefully the writers will continue to develop the idea that Charlie has some control over his situation, which he sorta proved by lowering his temp last week

I think that would be a great method to help close the divide in the show. Just my two cents...

Comment

Originally posted by 12OzMouse View Post
                            I don't think this qualifies as spoiler material but:

Spoiler:
                            Hopefully the writers will continue to develop the idea that Charlie has some control over his situation, which he sorta proved by lowering his temp last week

I think that would be a great method to help close the divide in the show. Just my two cents...
                            Well...

Spoiler:
                            Wasn't he motivated by that punky kid to take control?, I mean he fought to wake himself up and it succeeded; I doubt the ability to control his situation is specific to Michael alone and it would barely do anything to help close the divide, other then showing Michael fighting of course...
                            Back from the grave.

Comment

My point is that I don't think the show can survive as two shows in one. A couple things happened in #4, both marked by spoiler tags above. Both of these scenes helped to build a bridge between the living and the not quite living. In talking with friends, what I hear is that they think the show is a very good medical drama with a side bar of Charlie, potential ghost in waiting thrown in.

There's parts of this show that remind me quite a bit like some early episodes of Being Human UK. Specifically those that featured Annie when she was just getting the hang of being a ghost, or those when she met other ghosts and compared notes. With Saving Hope, I'm just looking for that theme that's going to build the bridge between the two factions of the show. As I mentioned before, this last episode seemed to make some overtures in that direction. Again, just my thought....

Comment

Well he should have renewed vigour for filming the last episode once he gets back to work after the holiday weekend....The whole of Family Shanks are in Toronto...at the moment they're enjoying the Hockey Hall of Fame!!...Lexa is tweeting and posting pics of their adventures....he must be thrilled to have all three kids and his wife with him after such a long absence...

Deeds xx
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                                MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Working...
                                X