NCIS Los Angeles Discussion/Spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    there has to be a break because there's still 4 weeks of may sweeps coming up
    may sweeps?
    Grimm returns October 24
    sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
    Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
      I like Deeks too, I think he fits well. He's not my favorite character, but I do like him. I just don't like when everyone teases him. I know its supposed to be all in fun because he's the new guy or whatever, but for some reason it kind of bothers me when everyone is teasing him.
      agree, on this week's episode it nearly pained me to see how Sam, Callen and Kensi were teasing him when at the beginning of the ep they all met at the operation center

spoiler from last episode
      Spoiler:
      Sam: Apparently Hetty is determined to make you a highly skilled operative.
      Callen: Good luck with that!
      Deeks: I am a skilled operative.
      Kensi laughs
      Deeks: what? I am (looks around somewhat insecure)
      Hetty: of course you are

I so felt with him, that I could have cuddled him
      Grimm returns October 24
      sigpic

Comment

i thought it was funny when - after she overwhelms the expert with knowing his topic better than him, she says to callen 'am I in trouble?' he goes 'no, but next time pick on someone your own size'

(in other words, i know the dude is a putz but we have to work with these folks so don't point out how stupid he is in front of us)
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
          may sweeps?
          US televisioni is graded by the Nielson ratings. And they have 4, 4week ratings periods per year. February, May, July (Which is largely ignored since it's presumed that everyone is on vacation) and November.

during those 16 weeks, more than just the regular neilson families contribute to the ratings, individuals are sent diaries to fill out. You'll notice that you never see re-runs in those months, and if there's any 'special guest star', death, birth or marriage, it happens in those months. And since may is usually the end of the television 'season', cliff hangers will air in the last couple of weeks in may
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

US televisioni is graded by the Nielson ratings. And they have 4, 4week ratings periods per year. February, May, July (Which is largely ignored since it's presumed that everyone is on vacation) and November.

during those 16 weeks, more than just the regular neilson families contribute to the ratings, individuals are sent diaries to fill out. You'll notice that you never see re-runs in those months, and if there's any 'special guest star', death, birth or marriage, it happens in those months. And since may is usually the end of the television 'season', cliff hangers will air in the last couple of weeks in may
            wow! that is intersting! had no idea of this. Thanks!
            Grimm returns October 24
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
              agree, on this week's episode it nearly pained me to see how Sam, Callen and Kensi were teasing him when at the beginning of the ep they all met at the operation center

spoiler from last episode
              Spoiler:
              Sam: Apparently Hetty is determined to make you a highly skilled operative.
              Callen: Good luck with that!
              Deeks: I am a skilled operative.
              Kensi laughs
              Deeks: what? I am (looks around somewhat insecure)
              Hetty: of course you are

I so felt with him, that I could have cuddled him
              Yeah, I didn't like that scene much, I felt bad for him. Deeks gets picked on a bit too often IMO. They did the same thing with Nate last year; I thought it was bad for the character, since it really didn't help me take him seriously as an operational psychologist, and sometimes the teasing seemed mean to me instead of funny.
              I really hated the scene in Overwatch(?) when
              Spoiler:
              Nell keeps rewinding the video of Deeks getting thrown in the water and everyone is laughing about it. Nell and Deeks don't seem all that close, so that scene felt mean to me. It felt like the new girl trying to be cool by making fun of the new guy. That kind of stuff made me really dislike Nell.

i thought it was funny when - after she overwhelms the expert with knowing his topic better than him, she says to callen 'am I in trouble?' he goes 'no, but next time pick on someone your own size'

(in other words, i know the dude is a putz but we have to work with these folks so don't point out how stupid he is in front of us)
              Spoiler:
              I thought that scene was funny and also the part before the "am I in trouble" when Callen cuts in and sends Nell into the other room just when it looked like that Navy guy was about to go off on her. The look on the guy's face right before Callen interupted what he was about to say was funny. The guy was kinda being a consescending jerk since Nell was the little analyst and he was the big Navy Captain, she was giving it right back to him though, and even though she had a point, she really wasn't helping by making him look bad.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                Yeah, I didn't like that scene much, I felt bad for him. Deeks gets picked on a bit too often IMO. They did the same thing with Nate last year; I thought it was bad for the character, since it really didn't help me take him seriously as an operational psychologist, and sometimes the teasing seemed mean to me instead of funny.
                I really hated the scene in Overwatch(?) when
                Spoiler:
                Nell keeps rewinding the video of Deeks getting thrown in the water and everyone is laughing about it.
                yeah, that was a mean scene too. maybe this is the reason I like Deeks so much, besides his terrific sense of humour, I somewhat feel that he's not the hero like the others, but that he needs someone to protect him from the others.

But I appreciated how all reacted when in 'Personal' they learned that
                Spoiler:
                he had been shot - even Sam
                Grimm returns October 24
                sigpic

Comment

Just rewatched the ep "Human Traffic", the first of season 2. Wondering if someone knows who was the 'parcours' athlete
                  Spoiler:
                  chased by Callen in his dream
                  at the very beginning.
                  Last edited by mi_guard; 25 March 2011, 02:25 PM.
                  Grimm returns October 24
                  sigpic

Comment

Season's final will air on May 17th
                    Grimm returns October 24
                    sigpic

Comment

OMG! That's right around the corner. Too soon!
                      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Isn't LA an epi ahead of NCIS?

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Currently they are, yeah, but according to Futon Critic, next week (April 5) is a rerun for NCIS LA, while NCIS is new. So that would put them back on the same schedule.

Just checked, and TVGuide says the same thing.
                          - Life after Stargate -
                          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                            Currently they are, yeah, but according to Futon Critic, next week (April 5) is a rerun for NCIS LA, while NCIS is new. So that would put them back on the same schedule.

Just checked, and TVGuide says the same thing.
                            Darn... no NCIS 2-hour epi coming then

Comment

have just seen the episode "The Job"

wow, Deeks was
                              Spoiler:
                              really preoccupied for Kensi, more than all the others - and it was so sweet at the end that he brought her a smoothie
                              Grimm returns October 24
                              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                                It was.... and i liked the fact she's a bit of a slob at home LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X