• Time
  • Show
Clear All

{mod snip}

This weeks ratings:
    10 p.m.

CBS: "CSI: Miami" (13 million, 8.5/14)
    ABC: "Castle" (11.6 million, 7.5/12)

Castle had a big uptick in its ratings, gaining a full 2 million additional viewers, and an additional point in market share. That is a very good performance. Last year the show picked up some steam in the ratings as the season progressed and I think the show might do it again this year.

If I recall correctly, this is the closest it has been to Miami Vice, and it looks like MV is starting to suffer plot fatigue, as I have seen some comments on various boards that viewers are starting to "discover" Castle as a viewing alternative. Anyways, hopefully Castle will continue to trend to winning this hour!
    Last edited by KatG; 11 October 2009, 04:54 AM. Reason: not sure if site mentioned is legal
    ---------------------
    sigpic
    Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

{mod snip}

People in Canada should (I think) be able to get the episodes on iTunes.

Castle comes back on air in Australia next weekend.

Also, this weeks ratings actually remained on par with last week, it looks inflated because of a football game that was broadcast in three states this week.

{mod snip}
      Last edited by KatG; 11 October 2009, 04:56 AM. Reason: info replied to snipped

Comment

Originally posted by Tal View Post
        Also, this weeks ratings actually remained on par with last week, it looks inflated because of a football game that was broadcast in three states this week.

{mod snip}
        Not sure if this is the same football game - but the ESPN Monday night NFL game had the highest cable sports event rating ever - 21.8 million viewers. It was Minnesota/Brett Favre playing against his old team Green Bay.

(and I did watch the football game except when Castle was on )

ABC: "Castle" (11.6 million, 7.5/12)
        That equals the highest ratings last year when the premiere got 11.6 mill viewers and the 2nd to last ep got 7.4/12 ratings.
        Last edited by KatG; 11 October 2009, 04:59 AM. Reason: reply to snipped content
        sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

How about EVERYONE chills and sticks to talking Castle? If there's a question of legality, the post gets reported to the mods since they're the ones who have final call on such things. The ONLY call, really.

Previews for next week look like fun. Hopefully more so than the model one from this week. More zing, please. I also REALLY REALLY want to see Beckett's reaction to chapter 10 of Heat Wave. The novel itself is bad enough, but that chapter is bound to put her right over the edge.

Comment

*headdesk*

Gosh, yes. how about that Heat Wave, huh? Is that a fun book or what? I wonder how the character dynamics will be handled in the next book... and if Castle will live long enough to write it.

Comment

Just a reminder. Please don't derail the thread with arguments about whether a sight is legal or illegal. If you have a concern, press the report button, it will go to all the moderators and we can check it out. Then continue posting ON TOPIC and allow us to handle it.

As for the site in question, I'm not sure of the legalities at the moment (and that is not an invitation for you (general you) to try and convince me btw). I will look into it and if it's concluded to be legit then I will repost it. In the meantime, please continue your discussion about the actual show itself.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                I also REALLY REALLY want to see Beckett's reaction to chapter 10 of Heat Wave. The novel itself is bad enough, but that chapter is bound to put her right over the edge.
                Well Shadow, you got your wish. Sort of.

I liked this ep much better than last weeks. Got that zing back. And another reason to like Castle (the guy ) - good choice of movie - The Sting is the best!!!
                sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                  Well Shadow, you got your wish. Sort of.
                  That totally didn't go the way I thought it would. LOL! Yay for the return of the zing. Boo for the "Feed the birds" nonsense. *smacks Nathan upside the head*

And next week, OMG!
                  Spoiler:
                  DEATH RAY!! *squees like the geeky little fangirl she is*
                  I know it's just gonna be a generic thing and not an actual reference, but I DON'T CARE!!

Comment

Boo for the FTB but yay for the Firefly reference......right?

It's a pretty specific reference but easily missed, the more vague reference will be spotted by most browncoats

See if you can find it - then check the link to confirm http://twitpic.com/lcs9c

Comment

Originally posted by Tal View Post
                      Boo for the FTB but yay for the Firefly reference......right?

It's a pretty specific reference but easily missed, the more vague reference will be spotted by most browncoats

See if you can find it - then check the link to confirm http://twitpic.com/lcs9c
                      What about the previews for the Oct 26th show?! Now there's a pretty obvious and blatant reference!
                      Spoiler:
                      Rick Castle dressed up as Malcolm Reynolds!
                      sigpic

Comment

Okay this weeks episode was great! I like it!

But the shocker is that you can buy the book "Nikki Heat" in book stores

I just checked my local book store on-line and it's there WOW!!

I am sorry, but this just blows me away.
                        Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
                        sigpic
                        Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

Originally posted by OneillTwo"LL"s View Post

The book title is "Heat Wave" and you can download part of it at the ABC site.

Tonight's ep was pretty good. Lots of drama and some great UST.
                          sigpic

Comment

not only can you buy Heat Wave in the real world but it's also on the New York Times Bestseller List - that is a MAJOR achievement - fantastic!

Nathan Fillion actually did his second book signing event last night - while the show was airing ironically (hmmm....did I use that right? I'm always going to wonder now LOL)

Comment

Originally posted by OneillTwo"LL"s View Post

Blew me away too!
                              sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

My book should be here any day now. Can't wait.

Comment

Working...
                                X