No announcement yet.

CSI Las Vegas - Miami - New York - Cyber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Horatio, or Calleigh either (sorry fans). So that's why I've never really watched Miami - no point in watching a show when you don't care for either of the leads. *shrugs*

I did watch Las Vegas for a long time, but just eventually lost interest in it. Warrick
    Spoiler:
    getting killed off
    and Grissom
    Spoiler:
    leaving
    didn't help.

New York is still holding my interest for the time being - though sometimes I get behind on watching it. As long as they keep Stella on, I will probably watch. She's my favorite character, and Don Flack is probably my second favorite.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

We just had CSI NY tonight and sometimes they do a really thought provoking episode. So I'll leave you with this post based on that episode and see what people think later.

===============================

Is living an honest life a good thing, or should we all just bend rules and obfuscate truth and honesty wherever possible?

OK watching CSI NY tonight and this thought crept into my head. The topic of the episode was the untimely death of this woman who was a “problem solver” in that she gets paid to make messy problems or situations go away. Such as people who may want to sue the police commissioner of sexual harassment. She made the claimant go away and shut up.

Anyway the episode started with her being found dead. Everyone is looking for her and a flash drive that she carries that has all her files and dealings on it. Many high up in society are now nervous that the contents of this flash drive may come out. So obviously reputations are on the line to say the least…

I got to thinking OK this is fiction but what would be the worst that could happen if a nosy reporter or such got their hands on the flash drive ane leaked its contents in the newspapers?
      ========================================
      What I’m pondering from this episode is this. If everyone is so corrupt that they wanted this woman dead and all her files hushed up if they were found then what’s the point of living an honest life?

Why teach kids to be honest when all the adults running the world do shady deals and other stuff? Why not teach kids that to get ahead in life you should lie, cheat, and backstab people around you?

Anyway I await your thoughts….
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

like wouldn't the best thing to do to take the flash drive, stick all the files out there on the internet or send them to the newspapers/networks and out everyone?

unilaterally out everyone to punish everyone?
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          like wouldn't the best thing to do to take the flash drive, stick all the files out there on the internet or send them to the newspapers/networks and out everyone?

unilaterally out everyone to punish everyone?

Well that was exactly what I was thinking. Mac only wanted to solve the case. He wasn't as such interested in the contents of the drive. But if you have seen the episode look at what happens when his boss gets wind of them finding it. His marriage broke up, as a result of the sexual harrassment thing being true...

But yeah I'd flush the contents out into the big wide world and just see what happens. Out everyone in those files.

Comment

and out them publicaly, cause then youi're immune. You out everyone, and the whole world knows that you did it, no one dares to harm you because they're suspect #1

sigpic

Comment

and out them publicaly, cause then youi're immune. You out everyone, and the whole world knows that you did it, no one dares to harm you because they're suspect #1

I suspect thsi may pop up again in a future episode. That hand looked like Mac's boss

Comment

in the current season of CSI the flash drive has come up again

it's in an episode guesting Craig T Nelson

and i won't comment further, but the storyline seemed to reach its conclusion then

of course, i'm also remembering a potential loop hole that could enable it to be revitalized if they wanted to

sigpic

Comment

in the current season of CSI the flash drive has come up again

it's in an episode guesting Craig T Nelson

and i won't comment further, but the storyline seemed to reach its conclusion then

of course, i'm also remembering a potential loop hole that could enable it to be revitalized if they wanted to

Oh cool it comes back.... But no one bothers to erase it.. I find that hard to believe... I would have still loved it had it and its contents been outed.

I don't know why this episode stuck with me. Some shows do that to me but it just did and it felt disappointing to learn that dishonesty is how things in the world get done, and how most of it works.

LIke an old episode of CSI LV this family has a home invasion the daughter I think got raped or bashed and then later in the episode they found the possible offenders and had her do a line up and she hesitated but finally picked the guy, but he got off on some technicality and then at the very end of the episode the cops are called out to her home again for another disturbance only to find the girl on the drive way dead in a pool of blood.

To my knowledge they never followed that story up and it was so sad.

Comment

the thing is, a lot of the csi's are based, in some way, on real cases. and a lot of real life doesn't have happy endings

sigpic

Comment

the thing is, a lot of the csi's are based, in some way, on real cases. and a lot of real life doesn't have happy endings

Yeah I have often wondered that, seems like some of the stories have been lifted right off the front page of the paper.

Comment

i don't know exactly how much at times, but i know, especially in the beginning, they were culling ideas from the real public records adn reports of real murders. like people that die in freak accidents, etc

they just have to do it the 'law and order way' where they take one tidbit, and then make it significantly different from what really happened

sigpic

Comment

I remember CSI LV once had a case I had seen in real crime show before, it was exactly the same. I just can't remember which ep it was.
                          sigpic

Comment

Don't forget - the CSI: NY fiinale is on TONIGHT, after the CSI finale.

My biggest question is:

Spoiler:
                            Who is going to die!?!?!?
                            - Life after Stargate -
                            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                              Don't forget - the CSI: NY fiinale is on TONIGHT, after the CSI finale.

My biggest question is:

Spoiler:
                              Who is going to die!?!?!?
                              Well, that is a very good question! All we know for sure is that

Spoiler for the finale
                              Spoiler:
                              Det. Angell dies. But with the shooting at the end I hope we didn't loose anybody else!
                              sigpic

Comment

i would say it'll come down to

Spoiler:
                                whose contract is up and who doesn't renew

they way they left it anyone or no one could be hit

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X