Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCIS : Discussion, spoilers and everything else ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL...well I don't do slash..so that leaves me out of that. But I like ship so I would read a good Tony/Ziva fic. Strangely I do belong to a NCIS fic list that has mostly Gibbs centric fic. I am also amazed at how many folks ship Gibbs and Abby but ok whatever floats your boat

Overall I definitely agree that what makes this show so good is the *team* and the nice interplay within the team just spices things up. each character has a role and they play it with aplomb

I am looking forward to the new episodes coming up and again I am sure I am in the minority when I say I am glad to have Tony BACK the storyline previously with ...season 3?? 4?? spoiler
    Spoiler:
    Jeanne was just boring and a bit weird to me...I mean a lot of it happened off screen so maybe they were moving faster or had more *talking* then we knew about but it always seemed to me that Jeanne was sort of obsessive with Tony. Then I understood she was reluctant to move in with him but then all of a sudden we have this major about face to buying a house together...heck in the first scene she acted like it was this huge life changing thing to share an apt...NOW in the very next major scene with her she is saying we should buy a house hello strikes me a very weird. However, I don't think the character was really meant to come off as weird as she did and the editing was just not done as well as it could have been for select episodes with her and instead the PTB were more focused on moving the major plot line of her father along so the plot holes developed in her character.. However, almost every aspect of the Jeanne character creeped me out every time they were together....maybe it was just my latent shippiness and its just me who is the weirdo

anyway... I like Tony as the sweet juvenile he-man wants to grab Ziva and kiss her but won't dare cause she can kill him will do anything to impress Gibbs super NCIS agent Dinozza that I came to love in the show prior to that one story-line and I am glad glad glad he is back
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

All caught up on S4 now. Recognized a few eps, in a vague sort of way. I have a feeling that the finale may have been my first ep; it all felt particularly familiar and the scene in the bar where Ducky showed up made me go "yay!" so I think that may have been what kept me watching.

Now it's off to watch the first two eps of S5 from itunes (yay for gift certificates). I definitely remember having seen all the others, although I could probably still use a bit of refreshing.

All the eps for the "season" have aired, right? It being abbreviated and all? I kinda feel sorry for the season pass folks. I doubt itunes gave partial refunds on the eps never filmed/aired, which means folks often ended up paying for more than they got. Of course, then you get situations where eps are accidentally released early, so maybe it balances in the end.

Anyway! NCIS, Torchwood and Ashes to Ashes are all queued up now in their various formats.

Comment

They're shooting 7 more episodes for this season, to start airing April 8.
        - Life after Stargate -
        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
          They're shooting 7 more episodes for this season, to start airing April 8.
          Thank God. Tribes would have been a weak episode to have left off on.

That said, someone enquired as to whether the NCIS fandom exists.

http://www.fanfiction.net/tv/Navy_NCIS/

http://www.ncisfiction.com/

There are lots of others, just search for ships and other things. NCIS doesn't exactly attract the right kinds of people to have too large a fandom (like Stargate/Star Wars/Star Trek/BSG).
          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
            Thank God. Tribes would have been a weak episode to have left off on.

That said, someone enquired as to whether the NCIS fandom exists.

http://www.fanfiction.net/tv/Navy_NCIS/

http://www.ncisfiction.com/

There are lots of others, just search for ships and other things. NCIS doesn't exactly attract the right kinds of people to have too large a fandom (like Stargate/Star Wars/Star Trek/BSG).
            I have visited those places, but most of the fic I've found has been either ship or slash, and I don't really care for either. I'd prefer gen team fic, which seems to be a rarity.

But thanks for the links - I appreciate it.
            - Life after Stargate -
            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
            sigpic

Comment

OK, I'm gonna plead impatience and ask someone to catch me up on what I've forgotten about S5, at least in regards to S4's story.

Spoiler:
              OK, so Jeanne knows Tony isn't who he said he was and she's taken off for parts unknown. La Grenoille was killed and left to be a future floater for some poor sod to discover, but Gibbs & Co. merely assume he's escaped.

I remember Tony as suffering through S5 over the loss of Jeanne. Is there any hope on that front or is he moving on?

Has Froggy's body been discovered yet?

Has Shepard's dad reappeared?

Personally I think Shepard was an idiot to turn her back on La Grenouille as he probably would have been in the best position to help them figure out who was targeting him. Er. We don't know that, do we? 'Cos my money's kinda on Black Rose right now, but that's probably because I loved her using the name Grace O'Malley. Anyway, I tend to be "better the devil you know" when it comes to dangerous criminals and anyone who can do away with La Grenouille is probably a far worse devil. And the other option from Rosie is Daddy- maybe Shepard's missing father is going to be the new Big Bad. It can't be a coincidence that his fingerprints suddenly turn up just as Froggy's in town. I mean, it could be a coincidence, but we all know what Gibbs has to say about those.

New episodes for THIS season? Awsome! Can't wait!

And it is coming back next year, too, right?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                OK, I'm gonna plead impatience and ask someone to catch me up on what I've forgotten about S5, at least in regards to S4's story.

Spoiler:
                OK, so Jeanne knows Tony isn't who he said he was and she's taken off for parts unknown. La Grenoille was killed and left to be a future floater for some poor sod to discover, but Gibbs & Co. merely assume he's escaped.

I remember Tony as suffering through S5 over the loss of Jeanne. Is there any hope on that front or is he moving on?

Personally I think Shepard was an idiot to turn her back on La Grenouille as he probably would have been in the best position to help them figure out who was targeting him. Er. We don't know that, do we? 'Cos my money's kinda on Black Rose right now, but that's probably because I loved her using the name Grace O'Malley. Anyway, I tend to be "better the devil you know" when it comes to dangerous criminals and anyone who can do away with La Grenouille is probably a far worse devil. And the other option from Rosie is Daddy- maybe Shepard's missing father is going to be the new Big Bad. It can't be a coincidence that his fingerprints suddenly turn up just as Froggy's in town. I mean, it could be a coincidence, but we all know what Gibbs has to say about those.

Spoiler:

1) Jeanne knows that Tony is with NCIS and was using her to get to her father.
                2) Tony is moving on. He kind of let go in the episode where the kid destroyed the brakes and caused the dad to crash into a sailor's truck. Said sailor was murdered. He decided to stay with NCIS.
                3) The whole thing with Shepard's dad is confusing. She buried him personally, so she would have known whether her dad was dead or alive. And yet, his fingerprints were on the bottle and the man claimed to have seen him a few weeks ago. Could be a hoax, Grenouille was a tool for the CIA.
                4) The implication I got from the end of the Grenouille arc was that Director Shepard's obsession got the better of her and she did something she may regret later.
                5) The Eraser may play a pivotal role this season and potentially next. There have been several episodes in which the persona's actions have caused NCIS trouble (Dana Arnett and the German Al-Qaida recruiter).
                http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Man, this is why I hate watching things out of sequence! I know I've seen all this stuff but I didn't understand its significance and thus don't remember it! *grumble*

Comment

i've watched them all in order and i don't even get all the plot arcs

all i know is that gibbs is gorgous, ziva funny, tony amusing, mcgee's hair is getting odd, abby is precious, ducky is welcome comic relief and jenny is annoying
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post

Spoiler:

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                      Spoiler:

1) Jeanne knows that Tony is with NCIS and was using her to get to her father.
                      2) Tony is moving on. He kind of let go in the episode where the kid destroyed the brakes and caused the dad to crash into a sailor's truck. Said sailor was murdered. He decided to stay with NCIS.
                      3) The whole thing with Shepard's dad is confusing. She buried him personally, so she would have known whether her dad was dead or alive. And yet, his fingerprints were on the bottle and the man claimed to have seen him a few weeks ago. Could be a hoax, Grenouille was a tool for the CIA.
                      4) The implication I got from the end of the Grenouille arc was that Director Shepard's obsession got the better of her and she did something she may regret later.
                      5) The Eraser may play a pivotal role this season and potentially next. There have been several episodes in which the persona's actions have caused NCIS trouble (Dana Arnett and the German Al-Qaida recruiter).
                      WOW Thank you to BOTH of you for the recap even CBS .com is not letting us view the episodes from this season anymore due to the writers strike all we have are the reruns up there *sigh* so I too was behind....

I am extremely happy to be back in the loop...somewhat...cause sometimes I too get lost in all the arcs going on and have to wait and re watch things on the DVDs so I understand the whys and where fores....

April 8 you say.. April is going to be a GOOD month for watching TV again
                      and i think S6 has been given the green light ...or at least I hope it has...I thought I had heard that so it is just a rumor for now
                      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

No, it's renewed - that's confirmed.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/2008...G62tuzpY9pMhkF
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        sigpic

Comment

CBS will start airing new episodes of NCIS starting April 8 !!! i so Happy !! ( i would have posted here earlier but i only just found this thread )
                          sigpic
                          sig by stars-and-kisses.tumblr.com

Comment

Originally posted by GSRgategirl923 View Post
                            CBS will start airing new episodes of NCIS starting April 8 !!! i so Happy !! ( i would have posted here earlier but i only just found this thread )
                            Hooray!

Comment

WOO HOO thanks for that information I was looking around last night for when some of the shows *might* be coming back and I am so thrilled to read this

April 4th AND April 8th...that will be a banner Friday AND Tuesday

Comment

*does dance of joy*

*gets weird looks from people in library*

Comment

Working...
                                X