Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCIS : Discussion, spoilers and everything else ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, Tim has always been my favourite character. And even though we're around nine weeks behind you, I'm already excited for this clearly powerful episode. After years of waiting, it finally looks as if Sean is getting a proper, decent storyline!

Aside from that tear at the end, it'll be interesting to see how the events of this episode affect him. He certainly isn't the painfully naive probie he was at the start of season two!

I think that's why I love the character so much, he's developed in so many different ways. Grown up a lot too.

With that in mind, I thought you might like to see this McGee tribute vid. It's one of my favourites

Cate
    sigpic

...with thanks to the wonderful Bay...

Comment

Ooh, i read that they cast a new moussad boss
      Spoiler:
      marina Sirtis....yes, deanna troi will be the new leader of moussad....and i'm gonna guess we'll see her around the finale time or so, given that theymentioned her being on set and I haven't seen any tweets about the season being done
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Love the vid love the song. Goes well together
        I am Queen McBeck of McTennantLand,
        traveling in the TARDIS with King Rodney & my fine Sir Carson of Atlantis... ALONSY!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          Ooh, i read that they cast a new moussad boss
          Spoiler:
          marina Sirtis....yes, deanna troi will be the new leader of moussad....and i'm gonna guess we'll see her around the finale time or so, given that theymentioned her being on set and I haven't seen any tweets about the season being done
          As you say, sky... oooooooh!!

Originally posted by McBecklover View Post
          Love the vid love the song. Goes well together
          Glad you liked it. I think it's the first fanvid I ever found for McGee, so it's always been a favourite!

Cate
          sigpic

Comment

Really wish I was in the US right now, so I could see Squall - such a long time to wait 'til we get it here!!

Ah well, I can read all about it tomorrow. For all of you lucky enough to see it tonight - enjoy!

Cate
            sigpic

Comment

I have still got most of the season, apart from 1 epsiode, to watch on my Sky+ box.
              RL has got in the way so I'm going to play catch up.
              "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
              Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
              Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
              Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
              I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
              To thy own self... Be true
              May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Squall
                Spoiler:

Gotta admit i was a bit let down. Although I think this is set up for more of Admiral Dad. But basically NCIS did Sam's Dad.....estranged father renews relationship in face of his terminal disease....although if it wasn't for that doctor dying, I think Admiral McGee would have happily not told anyone.
                Hopefully more build up, although we know it'll end different since I don't see the chance of body healing aliens showing up any time soon

sigpic

Comment

Squall
                  Spoiler:
                  At least the tear down Tim's face in the promo was very reasonable. I liked it that they didn't suddenly change the Admiral's hard-ass attitude at the end into some sort of warm Uncle Charlie character.
                  sigpic

Comment

Squall

Spoiler:
                    I'm getting really tired of the daddy issues everyone at NCIS (okay, maybe not Vance) has. It's boring and overdone. Didn't really care much for this episode and so saw the 'twist' coming. I wonder if the show's writers have daddy issues and are incapable of writing about a normal father-child relationship?
                    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Oh, this sounds like an amazing episode, although
                      Spoiler:
                      I'll have mixed emotions about watching it, since the storyline for McGee's father hits a bit close to home for me. Will have to make sure I have plenty of tissues and chocolate to hand when I finally see it!!

Cate
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm kinda wondering why someone would continue watching a program that they have issues with?
                        sigpic

Comment

So next season we will have NCIS:Red, NCISLA and, if the rumour I saw earlier was correct, NCIS on TV...

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

NCIS has definitely been renewed for an eleventh season. And NCIS:LA has also been renewed for a fifth season.

I don't know though if there will be a NCIS:Red. Sure, they've aired the backdoor pilot via NCIS:LA, but will it also have a first real season? Has that been confirmed?

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                            I'm kinda wondering why someone would continue watching a program that they have issues with?
                            It's not because someone dislikes part (some themes and/or some episodes) of a show, one cannot still enjoy the rest. To be fair, there have been a lot of
                            Spoiler:
                            daddy issues, and the last episode with McGee's daddy issues wasn't a bad episode, but there have been much better and stronger NCIS episodes.

At least if that was where you were coming from with your comment, otherwise totally off base here.
                            A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

None of the main characters have relationships with their mothers. Gibbs has his dad, tony his, ziva's is dead, now mcgee's, and not a mom amongst them. The closest female character we have is mcgee's sister and grandmother

sigpic

Comment

The daddy issues aren't a problem for me as much as the forward-backward of character growth and/or interaction. With their fathers, Ziva and Tony keep/kept going back and forth with getting closer and hating/not trusting them again. Gibbs seems to go back and forth with keeping in touch with Jackson and not talking to him.

I'm a Tony/Ziva shipper, and I know not everyone is, but I'm getting tired of the back and forth of their relationship (not even just in the romantic sense). They keep getting really close, then they back off again. And Tony keeps seeming to get closer to Ziva, only to turn around and start flirting with/noticing other women (though I do have some theories about that and how it's just him trying to get a rise out of Ziva). And Ziva has spent almost her entire time at NCIS going back and forth with not only her relationship with Tony, but her relationship and trust with the rest of the team. She does great for awhile with being really open, only to go back to keeping secrets.

I understand that real people do occasionally fall backwards and sometimes take two steps back-one step forward in their lives and interactions, but this is getting ridiculous. Of course, that doesn't mean I don't still enjoy the show. I'm just getting frustrated with certain aspects. Of course, I do that to all my shows lol. I get to the point where I just want the characters to do nothing but go forward, and the writers want to recover some of the same ground. Granted, I suppose with many of the hardheaded characters of NCIS, they just might need to cover the same ground a couple three times lol.

Anyway...Thanks to a fanfic I read based on the upcoming spoilers (which I haven't read yet, since I've been too swamped with school stuff, even though I want to), I'm now seriously looking forward to the next several episodes!!! But if she's anywhere close to right with her speculations, I think I'm also going to have a couple crying jags after watching some of the episodes, and my little shipper heart will end up doing the same thing it does every summer for most of my shows: bleed for the sad, hope for better, and try to go back and squeeze every amount of good out of the past season while finding ways to interpret the end of the season in ways that look fantastic out of rosy shipper glasses.

Also, I just have to say that in general, I'm really loving this season. So far I haven't really wanted to kill any character, and I've only wanted to shake our team a few times, which is much better to where I stand at this point in most of the past seasons. I think most of the episodes this season have been really well written, and most of them managed to give me feels in some sort of positive way.

EDIT: Also, PLEASE someone tell me if I need to spoiler anything in that...It's 8am, I've been up for almost 24 hours working on school stuff, and I'm now about to get ready for a presentation I have to give today, a test I'm not sure I've studied enough for, and then I'll be coming home to write a paper that I totally forgot about that is due today in the same class as the test (but that I'm hoping the teacher will except by end of day without counting late). And I've got to do grocery shopping, I'm not feeling well, and I swear my head has a group of drunk monkeys in it playing the drums while Ziva does her "Under Covers" snoring as backup. So I'm not sure what in what I said should be spoilered, if anything, and frankly I'm not sure if I'd notice it even if I wrote out the entire script word for word of Squall...
                                Last edited by TrueRomantic; 28 March 2013, 04:45 AM.
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Working...
                                X