Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCIS : Discussion, spoilers and everything else ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    Spoiler:

could it be that jenny's not really dead? maybe going in the witness protection program (mom's idea) or just faking her death and going away (to save gibbs)?

sally

I had the same thought the other day!
    Spoiler:

about Jenny not really being dead.
    sigpic
    Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
      You do actually see her character
      Spoiler:
      in the diner on the floor dead in a pool of blood

BUT you never know...it is TV
      Spoiler:
      yeah, i remembered that *after* i made my post.

but still, if they decided to resurrect jenny, i feel the scenario's already been set.

on a side note; it's kind of odd watching a show when you're not emotionally invested in the characters. i watched the season finale of 'csi' and something happened to someone there too, and like with jenny, i wasn't blown away by this person's demise. i did feel something more on the 'csi' one, though, but that's only because the setup was more emotional and explicit.

but with ncis, the only real connection i feel is with mark harmon, and him more than his character. i've been crushing mark for *years*, so he means a bit more.

but sometimes, even when i watch a show full on, i don't always connect with the characters. i watched atlantis for one season, and the only character (besides my sam) that i actually 'feel' anything for is mckay. i like the rest a good amount, but if any of them were killed off, it wouldn't impact me. but then again, at this stage in the game with sg1, the only characters i'd feel bad for (if they'd died) are sam, jack, and some teal'c and mitchell. daniel's died so many times it's lost it's impact, and vala is just a mess of a character and i've not really connected with her. (mitchell's just a gold mine waiting for good writers to dig into)

wow, what a stream of consciousness this post is.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

who here is going to tune into the NCIS Marathon on USA on monday?

Comment

I will if I'm home!

..if I remember...
          sigpic
          Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
            I had the same thought the other day!
            Spoiler:

about Jenny not really being dead.
            I can't belive yet again I didn't see NCIS thread when I first came here*Gibbs slap herself*.I loveeeeeeeee NCIS&Gibbs/Mark Harmon,Mark is so hot (sorry I will contain myself).
            I haven't seen the ep yet only been reading spoilers&from all of what I've reading I'm starting to think/wonder that to RodneyIsGodney.

Signature made by Mala50

Comment

Originally posted by Davesg-43 View Post
              who here is going to tune into the NCIS Marathon on USA on monday?
              I'll be watching it on and off while I'm home. Looks like a lot of S1 eps which I haven't seen in forever.
              sigpic

Comment

Ausiello spoilers for next season:

Spoiler:
                Question: You would have to take the week off when NCIS drops three big bombs on all of us. What gives? — Tygerbam

Ausiello:
                What gives is… I'm about to more than make it up to you with the following exclusive mini-Q&A with exec producer Shane Brennan featuring your burning questions about the season finale! Woo-hoo!

• Are they really writing out McGee, DiNozzo and Ziva ?* la House, or will they all be back next season?! Patrick

Spoiler:
                Brennan: No fan of NCIS will be disappointed when the show returns in September. I promise, we're not doing a House! But strap into your seats, it's going to be a heart stopping ride....

• Please, please, please tell me that they’re not really breaking up the team on NCIS! Lu Ann

Spoiler:
                Brennan: Deep breaths. Everything is going to be fine. This is Gibbs' team, right?

• Will the show be introducing any new team members next season? Chris

Spoiler:
                Brennan: Yes. And no.
                - Life after Stargate -
                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                sigpic

Comment

Well, that last one certainly cleared up that question!

Comment

Finally seen the finale - no big surprises on
                    Spoiler:
                    who died. I expected it to be Jenny (and agree she was the "safe" choice (much like killing off Weir - the boss who is part of the team but not working with them day to day on cases)) but didn't expect it to be in a hail of bullets... I thought whatever illness they were not-so-subtley hinting at was gonna get her (Ducky mentioned rapid deterioration, pain, loss of function.. I'm thinking something like aggressive MS or motor neurone disease?).

Also agree with comments by others that a) although I liked Jenny, I'm not especially sad to see her go and b) it wasn't until Abby (whom I adore) lost it that I started welling up in sympathy (Pauley Perette kicked ass in those scenes).

The ending was a bit of a shocker though I saw it coming when Vance called the team into his office - my immediate thought was "he's breaking up the team". Whether this is all part of some longer strategy remains to be seen but if not then I can understand his motivation - this investigation made it clear that Ziva, Tony and McGee's loyalty is to Gibbs first and NCIS second. Not something likely to make the NCIS Director happy.

Will be interesting to see how things are resolved - as I'm sure they will be - next Season.
                    sigpic

Comment

it worked before because while thier loyalty was to gibbs, his loylty was to jenny

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorge View Post
                        it worked before because while thier loyalty was to gibbs, his loylty was to jenny
                        Indeed. I don't think he has that same loyalty to Vance and Vance knows it. The team has already proven to him that they'll go against his wishes and hide information from him on Gibbs' say so - now they may have done similar things with Jenny also but Jenny knew she could trust Gibbs to handle things and to never go against her. Vance doesn't have that trust in Gibbs.
                        sigpic

Comment

I really want to put a pic of Mark Harmon,sorry if I'm not allowed to add pics i'm sure someone will tell me I can't add pics.

I feel a bit better now

Signature made by Mala50

Comment

then again, gibbs KNEW that he could trust Jenny...dont' think he has that same faith in Vance, and i dont' know if Vance deserves it

i'm thinking, for next season,
                            Spoiler:
                            vance broke up the team to keep them from finding something. He knew a case was coming up that they would crack, and he doesn't want that to happen, so he breaks up the team to cover up whatever is going to happen

gibbs & co, of course, will crack it anyway and time will tell if vance is a good guy doing his job, or a bad guy protecting another baddie
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              then again, gibbs KNEW that he could trust Jenny...dont' think he has that same faith in Vance, and i dont' know if Vance deserves it

i'm thinking, for next season,
                              Spoiler:
                              vance broke up the team to keep them from finding something. He knew a case was coming up that they would crack, and he doesn't want that to happen, so he breaks up the team to cover up whatever is going to happen

gibbs & co, of course, will crack it anyway and time will tell if vance is a good guy doing his job, or a bad guy protecting another baddie
                              Spoiler:
                              I find it interesting that a federal bureau would just randomly break up a highly successful team, particularly one with benefits (a la Ziva). Though, it may be due to the actions of Le Frog.
                              http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

it's probably politics, and politics doesn't have to make sense
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X