Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCIS : Discussion, spoilers and everything else ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGLAB View Post
    For those who haven't seen the super bowl commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8wujfB0wwU
    Thanks for the link. Wasn't interested in watching Super Bowl game, would have interfered in my N.C.I.S. re-watch, Oh I am on season 6 right now!
    Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
    sigpic
    Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      New Orleans Funerals

New Orleans Jazz Funeral
      A unique funeral tradition in the United States occurs in New Orleans, Louisiana. The tradition arose from a combination of African spiritual practices, French musical traditions, and African-American cultural influences. A typical jazz funeral begins with a march by the family, friends, and a jazz band, starting from the home, funeral home, or church, and proceeding to the cemetery. Throughout the march, the band plays very somber dirges. Once the final ceremony has taken place, the march proceeds from the cemetery to a gathering place, and the solemn music is replaced by loud, upbeat, raucous music and dancing where onlookers join in to celebrate the life of the deceased. This is the origin of the New Orleans dance known as the "second line" where celebrants do a dance-march, frequently while raising the hats and umbrellas brought along as protection from intense New Orleans weather and waving handkerchiefs above the head that are no longer being used to wipe away tears.

http://www.funeralwise.com/customs/neworleans
      http://www.deathcare.com/2009/histor...z-funeral.html

the first is from wiki, the other sites also have articles. it's thought to be a combo of ancient slave practices, at first mourning the death, then celebrating the person's life and freedom from slavery/life.

it's not just a new orleans thing, but also haiti and other parts of hte caribbean
      Thanks!

Originally posted by OneillTwo"LL"s View Post
      Found this promo pic

click for bigger!

Thought you guys would enjoy a good laugh too!

Originally posted by SGLAB View Post
      For those who haven't seen the super bowl commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8wujfB0wwU
      That was THE BEST commercial fo the Super Bowl!

Made this yesterday while watching the Super Bowl
      http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...t_edited-1.jpg

Kinda fitting that Abby's from N.O., right?
      Last edited by Skydiver; 08 February 2010, 05:35 PM.
      Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
      Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

So tonight, a new episode of NCIS and NCIS-LA?!
        A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
          So tonight, a new episode of NCIS and NCIS-LA?!
          Yes, I think, unless I missed something but as always I have to wait till the next day to watch it

Vhat is dis "NCIS-LA" yous speak of?
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
            Yes, I think, unless I missed something but as always I have to wait till the next day to watch it

Vhat is dis "NCIS-LA" yous speak of?
            It is a spin-off of NCIS, and takes place in Los Angeles, thus "NCIS:LA". It airs right after NCIS on Tuesday nights. It stars Chris O'Donnell and L.L. Cool J, and several other less well known stars.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              It is a spin-off of NCIS, and takes place in Los Angeles, thus "NCIS:LA". It airs right after NCIS on Tuesday nights. It stars Chris O'Donnell and L.L. Cool J, and several other less well known stars.
              Not to mention, it's really awesome to watch.
              A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                Not to mention, it's really awesome to watch.
                But of the both, NCIS is still my fav show!

Ahh, Tony DiNozzo

*gets all dreamy*

Oh, sorry, wrong thread
                I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

Originally posted by melfan View Post

Ahh, Tony DiNozzo

*gets all dreamy*

Oh, sorry, wrong thread
                  There's NCIS thunk threads?...where's the Ziva and kate threads?
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

They might be out there, but I've only seen the Michael Weatherly one. Sorry.
                    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Actually, there is a Michael Weatherly Thunk Thread Mainly for his role as Logan in Dark Angel but for his NCIS role these days
                      I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

Actually, there is a Michael Weatherly Thunk Thread Mainly for his role as Logan in Dark Angel but for his NCIS role these days
                        Logan and Tony are worlds apart!!!!....I mean worlds!!!!! Not many actors that I know of land such drastically different characters.
                        By Nolamom
                        sigpic

Comment

Logan and Tony are worlds apart!!!!....I mean worlds!!!!! Not many actors that I know of land such drastically different characters.
                          I know! I used to watch DA ages ago, and when I started watching NCIS I though Michael looked familiar, so I looked him up and saw he had played Logan! They are so in contrast to each other. But I think that is a good thing that he is able to pull that off.

Comment

Ahh, Tony DiNozzo

*gets all dreamy*

Oh, sorry, wrong thread
                            Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                            They might be out there, but I've only seen the Michael Weatherly one. Sorry.
                            There is a Micheal Weatherly Thread here... Where?? Like him as Logan cuz...

I like him glasses. Must have gotten contacts!
                            sigpic

Comment

He wore them on the J.A.G. episode..

But doesn't wear them in Season 1 of NCIS
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OneillTwo"LL"s View Post
                                There is a Micheal Weatherly Thread here... Where?? Like him as Logan cuz...

I like him glasses. Must have gotten contacts!
                                Riiight over here

Actually, he had LASIK eyesurgery, in the very beginning of NCIS, that is why we see him with glasses in the first few episodes of NCIS but never that

Comment

Working...
                                X