Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCIS : Discussion, spoilers and everything else ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't see previews last night. When can we hope for new eps?
    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

So, I'm curious about last night's episode.
      Spoiler:
      Since when did Tony just start walking into Gibbs' house without knocking first. And when did they start having steaks together in Gibbs' living room as though it was something they do all the time?
      Last edited by TameFarrar; 13 January 2010, 08:55 AM.

Comment

I always got from McGee that he was your typical nerd guy growing up with very average type parents. When the episode that had the kids on that had the bully and Tim got in his face and basically told him, I was that kid who got shoved into the locker and now look at who is in charge.
        So Tim's demeanor has always said to me that he was raised by supportive parents that taught him manners, respect and tolerance. But the fact that Tim was so smart and so into computers and the like that he had to deal with all of the stereo-typical bullies and jocks at school and that made him quiet and contemplative. Not real prone to speak up to dominating personalities. But that he would very quietly always show up those same people whenever possible because he is just that much smarter then they are.
        I have always pictured his Dad as a someone he could talk to about anything and his Dad as a man who would hug his son without hesitation. I see his Mom as a funny woman who laughs alot and tells girls her son is genius and quite the catch making tim blush.

I have always seen Abby in quite the same way.... her parents being a bit older though. Her Dad maybe being a large man with a gruff sense of humor or with bluster. But he died too soon for her or suddenly. But Abby never lacked for or wondered how much he loved her or how proud he was of her. I have always seen her Mom as someone who had a sense of her own style and was under-statedly funny. To me she would have had a large circle of friends and activities that taught Abby to find the uniqueness in everyone and enjoy it. I think she too would have passed on too soon for Abby. The reason I think they had Abby fairly late in llife and were more patient with her and allowed her to be who she wanted to be and made her feel confident in herself. They may have died from a disease that prompted Abby to go into Science or had an illness that led her in that direction.

But overall..I have always seen Tim and Abby as having fairly normal Parents
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          Spoiler:
          Since when did Tony just start walking into Gibbs' house without knocking first. And when did they start having steaks together in Gibbs' living room as though it was something they do all the time?
          Thank you!

I found that highly out of character myself.
          Spoiler:
          We've never seen that before. And while touching, I didn't like it at all. Seemed too exclusionary of the rest of the team.

I did enjoy Gibbs talking to Tony Sr, though. His answer about not having to privilege of seeing his daughter become an adult was beautifuly acted and heartbreaking.
          Last edited by TameFarrar; 13 January 2010, 08:55 AM.
          sigpic
          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Spoiler:
            Since this season started I have seen a subtle shift in the whole Gibbs/Dinozza dynamic personally....

Spoiler:
            Gibbs has said and done things to make it known what he thinks of Tony and his skills and this season Tony seems to be making more and more personal comments to Gibbs indicating that they are talking more in their off time....

So for me this didn't seem off ...
            Spoiler:
            Gibbs is truly more Tony's father figure then apparently his Dad is and that was the message I got from that final scene
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
              Just wanna comment on NCIS:LA before i hit the Original....

Spoiler:
              Anyone get a strong Pancho/Paco vibe from the comment about the missing team member at the end........... got a STRONG feeling that was going to be VERY important, either next week or in the next few episodes

Oh.... and did they use 'The Units' Casting company to get the supporting characters?
              LOL at
              Spoiler:
              The Units Casting Company. I'm not sure what "Pancho/Paco" refers to, but yeah, I did get a vibe that his absence was going to be important eventually. Or was it the "alien doll" that was missing?

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
              I didn't see previews last night. When can we hope for new eps?
              Two weeks - reruns next week.
              Spoiler:
              It was
              Spoiler:
              definitely a fanservice moment I think, but I don't think it's entirely unprecedented. I remember some reference back in the early seasons to Tony staying over at Gibbs' house sometimes. I don't remember why or the context, and I sure don't remember the episode, but if I'm remembering correctly there is a little bit of precedent to the idea that he hangs out over there occasionally.
              - Life after Stargate -
              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                I always got from McGee that he was your typical nerd guy growing up with very average type parents. When the episode that had the kids on that had the bully and Tim got in his face and basically told him, I was that kid who got shoved into the locker and now look at who is in charge.
                So Tim's demeanor has always said to me that he was raised by supportive parents that taught him manners, respect and tolerance. But the fact that Tim was so smart and so into computers and the like that he had to deal with all of the stereo-typical bullies and jocks at school and that made him quiet and contemplative. Not real prone to speak up to dominating personalities. But that he would very quietly always show up those same people whenever possible because he is just that much smarter then they are.
                I have always pictured his Dad as a someone he could talk to about anything and his Dad as a man who would hug his son without hesitation. I see his Mom as a funny woman who laughs alot and tells girls her son is genius and quite the catch making tim blush.

I have always seen Abby in quite the same way.... her parents being a bit older though. Her Dad maybe being a large man with a gruff sense of humor or with bluster. But he died too soon for her or suddenly. But Abby never lacked for or wondered how much he loved her or how proud he was of her. I have always seen her Mom as someone who had a sense of her own style and was under-statedly funny. To me she would have had a large circle of friends and activities that taught Abby to find the uniqueness in everyone and enjoy it. I think she too would have passed on too soon for Abby. The reason I think they had Abby fairly late in llife and were more patient with her and allowed her to be who she wanted to be and made her feel confident in herself. They may have died from a disease that prompted Abby to go into Science or had an illness that led her in that direction.

But overall..I have always seen Tim and Abby as having fairly normal Parents
                Wow, you basically summed up my thoughts on the matter as far as Tim. One or both of Abby's parents dying would definitely point to why she never seems to mention them.
                If your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt. ~Henry J. Kaiser

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                  Two weeks - reruns next week.
                  Why is that? Is it because there was the usual holiday break and the filming just hasn't caught up, or is the State of the Union, sports event, etc. next week?

It was
                  Spoiler:
                  definitely a fanservice moment I think, but I don't think it's entirely unprecedented. I remember some reference back in the early seasons to Tony staying over at Gibbs' house sometimes. I don't remember why or the context, and I sure don't remember the episode, but if I'm remembering correctly there is a little bit of precedent to the idea that he hangs out over there occasionally.
                  Spoiler:
                  Actually, I thought in the earlier seasons Gibbs had been very reluctant to let Tony stay over. But he did tell Tony that his door is literally always open. I don't think it is a regular thing, but he probably knew that Tony wanted to talk after all that family time.

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                    LOL at
                    Spoiler:
                    I'm not sure what "Pancho/Paco" refers to, but yeah, I did get a vibe that his absence was going to be important eventually. Or was it the "alien doll" that was missing?
                    Spoiler:
                    in either the first or second season of NCIS they had a co-worker come to Gibbs and ask for some advice with a case, Gibbs & Co were just going out on a call, so he said he'd be okay....

Next episode he turned up in a lift.... with his guts spread out on the lift floor.

Sure the characters name was Pancho or Paco, or something like that

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

I just rewatched seasons 4, 5, and 6 and these are the little facts I remember about Abby and McGee.
                      McGee's got a much younger sister (college) and he used to be a boy scout and is very proud of his boy scout tracking skills. He, unlike Tony, never looked at girly magazines as a child. He's got a biomedical engineering degree from Johns Hopkins (I think that's the right degree, but it may be off a bit) and he also has a degree from MIT. (There's a cute commentary by PP and MW where McGee is wearing an MIT t-shirt and apparently SM thought it was quite cool when he looked in the mirror and discovered the mirror image of MIT is TIM. Those two do great commentaries, though my kids should probably not be in the room....)

Abby grew up in Louisiana (specifically New Orleans if I remember correctly from Kate's funeral), had a dog named Bubba and I think she said she was driving a big truck with a stick when she was very young (like 12?)

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        in either the first or second season of NCIS they had a co-worker come to Gibbs and ask for some advice with a case, Gibbs & Co were just going out on a call, so he said he'd be okay....

Next episode he turned up in a lift.... with his guts spread out on the lift floor.

Sure the characters name was Pancho or Paco, or something like that

I think you're referring to Pacci from S1. Possibly the most gruesome death they've shown on the series.

Comment

the ending of last night's eps

Spoiler:
                          yeah, 'read' like a fan fic...then again, they needed to make it known that tony bailed out his dad and that his dad is his achilles heel.

as to tony and gibbs relationship
                          Spoiler:

i'm wondering if this harkens back to ziva's 'death'. tony shooting michael, then getting tossed to the wolves, then thinking that ziva is dead, and tony's little revenge run to catch (read kill) the bad guy. gibbs certainly knows about revenge and the dark side of avenging the dead.

tony would never talk to tim about that, cause tim wouldn't understand, and he'd never reveal to ziva that he was avenging her, so gibbs is all he has.

as to LA

i think agree that the person's absence was important and will likely be touched upon later.

as to the re-runs, it's called sweeps. november, feb and may the networks are 'graded' on the ratings they get, so they tend to save new episodes for those weeks (july is also sweeps but it doesn't count as much)

so, 12 episodes to air during those 3 months, then your average show has 20-22 episodes...that's 8-10 to scatter about between september, october, december, january, march and april.

thus, into every season, some re-runs will fall.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teslan View Post
                            I think you're referring to Pacci from S1. Possibly the most gruesome death they've shown on the series.
                            Pacci!...Damn, i'm bad with names...

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Regarding the ending scene from last night:
                              Spoiler:
                              I didn't find it that odd that Tony walked right in. He's stayed at Gibbs' house on at least two occasions before. Back in season one or two his apartment is getting fumigated or something and he keeps trying to get himself invited to stay in other people's houses/apartments and Gibbs said he couldn't stay at his place because of what happened last time (which they didn't tell us). By the end of the episode, Gibbs does let Tony stay at his house. Tony's always making comments about Gibbs working on his boat and drinking bourbon down in the basement in more than just a "I've heard that from other people" sort of way. I think they have a very father/son type relationship where they're comfortable around each other but Tony still wants his authority figure's approval even though he's constantly behaving immaturely.

Dang! My computer is messing up. I just saw what Tame said about the father figure with Gibbs. I totally agree. I also thinks Gibbs thinks of Tony as his son. He even told a guy that his son plays Tetris on his phone all the time once.

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
                                Regarding the ending scene from last night:
                                Spoiler:
                                I didn't find it that odd that Tony walked right in. He's stayed at Gibbs' house on at least two occasions before. Back in season one or two his apartment is getting fumigated or something and he keeps trying to get himself invited to stay in other people's houses/apartments and Gibbs said he couldn't stay at his place because of what happened last time (which they didn't tell us). By the end of the episode, Gibbs does let Tony stay at his house. Tony's always making comments about Gibbs working on his boat and drinking bourbon down in the basement in more than just a "I've heard that from other people" sort of way. I think they have a very father/son type relationship where they're comfortable around each other but Tony still wants his authority figure's approval even though he's constantly behaving immaturely.

Dang! My computer is messing up. I just saw what Tame said about the father figure with Gibbs. I totally agree. I also thinks Gibbs thinks of Tony as his son. He even told a guy that his son plays Tetris on his phone all the time once.
                                Well the first thing that Hubs said at that closing scene
                                Spoiler:
                                was when both men flipped open their knives ready to eat was "now that's a father and son moment, no thought, just action." So while Anthony DiNozzo Sr. may be the father of Tony's youth. Jethro Gibbs is definitely the father of Tony's soul. *clink of bottles is heard*

Comment

Working...
                                X