No announcement yet.

Stargate: Phoenix ~ Tabletop RPG by Wyvern Gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We made the little intro for Wyvern Gaming's Stargate SG1 RPG Kickstarter, (go sign up of course!) Small labor of love in our free time.

Each of the little vignettes has a bunch of Easter Eggs and a small story attached. We also had a super cool custom version of the SG-1 theme made by Joel Santos who we worked with on our Alien Universe film Alien Alone.

https://vimeo.com/465632128

Comment

Well done.

I wouldn't mind some cgi animated SG movie, but they could never afford the right budget for such things.

I hope we get a few little drawing in the rpg book like Jaffa Guards.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by theoppositionparty View Post
        Small labor of love in our free time.
        Which you had a lot of cause generally those things take up a little more than a little love in free time.
        Generally no small feat... ever.

Take pride in your work man/woman!
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Which you had a lot of cause generally those things take up a little more than a little love in free time.
          Generally no small feat... ever.

Take pride in your work man/woman!
          It was a little bit of time but GPU rendering has really made it a much more viable thing to do these sorts of productions. Covid shutdown really helped in the time department though.

Comment

Very nice work! Loved seeing some Horus guard represented!

The campaign is doing well. It has gone over double it's goal now.
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by theoppositionparty View Post
              It was a little bit of time but GPU rendering has really made it a much more viable thing to do these sorts of productions. Covid shutdown really helped in the time department though.

Corona has its ups and its downs, time was an up.

Comment

The highest stretch goal is a set of 7 stl files to 3D print miniatures of the 7 main players...

Are you kidding me? You have to 3D-print yourself.
                What kind of a joke is that?

Anywho... the pledge is getting confusing. The dice seem pretty cool, and so is the patch. So, I've decided to pledge the amount needed to get those 2 extra items + plus a PDF version of the rule book. This will also keep the shipping costs very low, cause without actual estimates it might be that the book will in the end cost me double the amount of the pledge.

Edit -- actually, it could very well be that shipping is a set price and will triple the price of the dice and patch too.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  The highest stretch goal is a set of 7 stl files to 3D print miniatures of the 7 main players...

Are you kidding me? You have to 3D-print yourself.
                  What kind of a joke is that?

Anywho... the pledge is getting confusing. The dice seem pretty cool, and so is the patch. So, I've decided to pledge the amount needed to get those 2 extra items + plus a PDF version of the rule book. This will also keep the shipping costs very low, cause without actual estimates it might be that the book will in the end cost me double the amount of the pledge.

Edit -- actually, it could very well be that shipping is a set price and will triple the price of the dice and patch too.
                  It is quite common for self-printing miniatures, since 3D printers are more affordable now, and there are also plenty of 3D printing services to do it for you. Miniatures are also mainly for the enthusiasts. The vast majority of miniatures you can buy come unpainted, and even then they can be quite expensive. In the majority of situations you also don't need them at all, there are plenty of alternatives.

I will suggest, kindly not forcibly , to perhaps look around for more information about the tabletop RPG hobby, if you are inclined to do more with it than just buy the book. I want to bet you'll be far more surprised regardless, but at least you'll be more informed about what it is and what is common within the hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by NickEast View Post
                    It is quite common for self-printing miniatures, since 3D printers are more affordable now, and there are also plenty of 3D printing services to do it for you. Miniatures are also mainly for the enthusiasts. The vast majority of miniatures you can buy come unpainted, and even then they can be quite expensive. In the majority of situations you also don't need them at all, there are plenty of alternatives.
                    Oh... I clearly didn't know that.

I have a friend who paints minitures (though they come shaped and formed, not in the shape of an STL-file).

Originally posted by NickEast View Post
                    I will suggest, kindly not forcibly , to perhaps look around for more information about the tabletop RPG hobby, if you are inclined to do more with it than just buy the book. I want to bet you'll be far more surprised regardless, but at least you'll be more informed about what it is and what is common within the hobby.
                    Thanks, I will.

I have a colleague who's an experienced tabletop gamer (though we rarely see each other these days, and not a whole lot before the pandemic either), and he's mentioned some channels I should look into. Perhaps, it's time to go do that so that I can surprise him next time I see him with newly acquired knowledge.

Comment

I am guessing the action figures are why to big for a tabletop game, but it would have been nice to release new figures, even RPG based ones with the sams size.

3d printing wouldbe cool for tiny Stargate, dhd, MALP, Jaffa guards, so the whole story could be imagined much better.

I am proud how people are interested in this RPG as everyone wants new Stargate products. MGM should wake up that if there is a demand and a potential market for it then they should greenlight the next spinoff quickly. If we could get a new MW based spinoff then maybe some elements of the RPG could be part of the official canon like a reference to the base in a conversation etc.
                      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

If we're talking Stargate mini's, I'd certainly be open to a fully committed miniatures game.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

You can find plenty of STL-files for miniature stargates and dhd's on thingiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                            I am guessing the action figures are why to big for a tabletop game, but it would have been nice to release new figures, even RPG based ones with the sams size.
                            Depends on the size of your table
                            They are not generally ideal, but there is absolutely no game mechanic reason why you could not use them, all you would have to do is adjust for scale.

Most games use a 25mm scale for mini's, but that because it has been the norm for decades. In fact most are more like 30mm. Have a look at Games Workshop for example.
                            https://www.games-workshop.com/en-AU...uestid=6347923
                            sigpic
                            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Here is the interview :

https://youtu.be/f0Kw-yt0UNI

It was nice to hear them even if they have felt a bit shy and less talkative interview partners in comparsion to actors. Maybe the real gameplay will be more informative to new players. I have felt that some of the people have expected some computergame and it was not clear what is this tabletop game about.

A little continuity error. The trailer has mentioned the Tollans, but they were extinct until season 6 as they were wiped out by Tanith in season 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                                A little continuity error. The trailer has mentioned the Tollans, but they were extinct until season 6 as they were wiped out by Tanith in season 5.
                                Supposedly wiped out It's certainly possible at least a few survived. Also, Tanith wasn't really responsible, Anubis was. Tanith was merely the messenger.

Comment

Working...
                                X