Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Lego Dimensions came with a stargate
    There's a cheap German knock-off of Lego, which has some Stargate designs. And when I say cheap and knock-off, I literally mean cheap and knock-off. The bricks don't fit half the time. Are of extremely poor quality and color-wise... well... you're lucky when all bricks are the same color that have to be the same color.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      There's a cheap German knock-off of Lego, which has some Stargate designs. And when I say cheap and knock-off, I literally mean cheap and knock-off. The bricks don't fit half the time. Are of extremely poor quality and color-wise... well... you're lucky when all bricks are the same color that have to be the same color.
      I've seen them, you can get that junk in the markets and pop up booths in the shopping centres here. They even had it at one of the conventions out here.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Bought one at a convention -- never again.

Was missing a block from my Wraith dart. Contacted Best-Lock (now I remember the name) and told them about it. They promised to deal with it -- never heard back.

Same happened with a Lego WWI plane I was building. There was a mix-up with 2 of the blocks and therefore 1 missing. Sent in a form about it, and a week later the replacement arrived in my mailbox.

Comment

Yeah, Lego may be expensive, but they are one of the biggest "toy" manufacturers for a reason. I did saw a beautiful and "working" Lego Stargate once. I still hope maybe there could be an official set (or, I don't know, a (crossover) video game? One can hope). Maybe through IDEAS. Unfortunately I suck at designing sets or I would've tried it.

Comment

I think I saw a Daedalus on Ideas.... I do remember something Stargate-y...

I wasn't wrong --> Stargate Atlantis Daedalus Lego idea

And from the same designer --> Cityship Atlantis

Comment

Well here's a update I just did a private paid survey about the reboot. I should have took a screenshot but didn't think of doing it. They suggested the name will just be Stargate and the quick description of the synopsis describes the rundown of the movie and that the stargate gets mothballed for 25 years then they mention the world is currently dealing with climate change and a woman from UNESCO and a street wise Egyptian discover something at a dig site, which then requires them to go offworld.

Comment

Can someone write this as a fanfiction please?

Comment

Minus the reboot thing, it sounds nice. It could work even in the existing universe.

Comment

I always wanted to see an AU episode, where the Goa'uld has stayed on Earth and they rule on our planet. (like an Egyptianized USA etc.) Just a "modern" Egyptian episode was used in Sliders too and it would be harder to involve our heroes in the story.
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Like that television show... err... Man In The High Castle? The one where the nazis won the war, I mean.

Comment

Something similar. Even the "good" Ba'al has tried it in the Continuum. So imagine an utopia, where Egypt ruled over the world in the history and the Goa'uld are still worshipped in churches. It could have been an interesting scenario for on or two episodes who the SG1 must convince them that they are under alien mind controll and rule. etc.
                        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Mmm... interesting....

Comment

Just the series called "V" had also something similar plot, where the aliens looked nice, helpful and supportive, but they weren't at all.

Comment

As the Stargate Command website is their official MGM website, it stands to reason that they are watching it very closely to determine interest and interaction. The thing is, they have to see genuine and significant buzz in order to commit. That's what we're trying to do..the more you interact..And get others to do so, the more reason they have to invest in a new show..as they know it will be profitable.
                              Even if you log on once a day for a few minutes to do a quiz or read an article, it generates traffic numbers they can see and bring to the table.
                              This, Social Media, Wormhole Wednesdays on YouTube, and Convention turnouts..all make a difference!.. They're closer.. But they need to know there's still a demand.. The official places are the best places to express that demand!

Comment

Originally posted by SommerSDR View Post
                                As the Stargate Command website is their official MGM website, it stands to reason that they are watching it very closely to determine interest and interaction.
                                I'm sure the numbers for 189 blocked countries are a little on the low side of things.

Notwithstanding France topped streamingnumbers when Origins was first "aired" and they didn't even have access so it was all illegal viewing.
                                This still makes me laugh when I think about it.

The thing is, they have to see genuine and significant buzz in order to commit. That's what we're trying to do..the more you interact..And get others to do so, the more reason they have to invest in a new show..as they know it will be profitable.
                                Let me guess: they're "testing the market" but conveniently keep a market the size of 189 countries out of the stats. They might have to do more stargate if they had all those extra followers. Not enough budget for that. DOH!

Even if you log on once a day for a few minutes to do a quiz or read an article, it generates traffic numbers they can see and bring to the table.
                                Well, I already have the bronze log-on every day for a week badge so no thanks.

This, Social Media, Wormhole Wednesdays on YouTube, and Convention turnouts..all make a difference!.. They're closer.. But they need to know there's still a demand.. The official places are the best places to express that demand!
                                When the official places pretty much ignore you, and basically tell you for 2 years that they're working on it, keep things like Origins Mission Files and bloopers (BLOOPERS FOR GOD's SAKE) behind a paywall. Spoil the whole of Origins to kingdom come and then expect us to pay 16 euro for a digital copy (I didn't -- I want a DVD with extras or I'm not paying for any of it), there's little reason for me to want to "express that demand".

In fact, you might remember I was engaged in a Proper Stargate Rewatch, and thanks to Stargate Command I entirely lost interest in stargate as a whole. They made it unbareble for me to continue for a long time. I literally started to hate everything about stargate and that "community"...

You know, I block the website. I've never done that before.
                                And I would delete my account if I was able to but apparently you still have to ask for it so I'm hoping they mail me back in the next year or so on how I can do that or how they can do that.

Until then, I do and redo quizzes whenever my automated process at work is acting up and won't play nice with me. It's then that I need to vent and what better way than to solve a quiz and then randomly change answers to get 3 stars.

Comment

Working...
                                X